Anonymous
Years ago

United Membership

According to Larry Kestelman, United has close to 10,000 members but most of them are 3 game and association memberships.

I'm not sure what an association membership is, but having almost 10,000 of any kind of member is an impressive achievement at this early stage.

Topic #35450 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

You would hope they all don't choose the same 3 games. Not sure Hisense or Margaret Court arena will hold them all.

Reply #494420 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They can't all choose the same 3 games. There are only so many seats. Funny.

Reply #494422 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Great effort by the United front office, they're clearly trying hard to make this work.

Reply #494430 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

They should be trying very hard. Eventually dust will settle and over a number of years new fans will not even remember the Tigers. That's how it goes, father time sits still for no one. I hope it works out for hoops in Victoria and they have not just stuffed up the chance for a second team here!

I say this because if they are the sole team we have, we are stuffed!

Reply #494474 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fancy a job with them?

Outbound Sales Manager
•Queen Rd Location, near Toorak Rd
•Brand new offices
•Get rewarded for your hard work!

The Melbourne United Basketball Club is one of Australia's premier sporting brands with a rich history dating back to the 1930's. Throughout its history, the club has been a dominant force in the development of Australian basketball.

Currently we have an exciting position for a talented Outbound Sales Manager.
....... and the ad goes on.

Reply #494483 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

"The Melbourne United Basketball Club is one of Australia's premier sporting brands with a rich history dating back to the 1930's."
Except that it isn't.

Reply #494485 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Are they confused about Manchester United perhaps?

Reply #494486 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

No different to Port Adelaide Power claiming 1879 history, they have the heritage so therefore can claim what they want.

I like the united brand. It's going to be good for Melbourne in a few years.

Reply #494492 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

But they didn't claim the *club* had the history, which would still be silly but is at least arguable. They claimed the *brand* had the history. It doesn't.

Reply #494502 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

Well it's all in the writing, but they're going to try to sell it as a united front.

Reply #494534 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how many did they give away???

Reply #494538 | Report this post

Jodiechrist  
Years ago

the "association" memberships are memberships they gave to local clubs in exchange for joining their 'partnership' agreements - basically freebies. So... how many legit memberships? Probably not a whole lot. Last I heard renewals were looking pretty shabby too.

Reply #494741 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know our club had over 400 "partnership" members

Reply #494747 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:11 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754