Wound
Years ago

Serbian fans go buck wild over silver

Imagine if they won gold!

http://deadspin.com/serbian-basketball-fans-go-buck-wild-over-fiba-silver-m-1635284101

Topic #35452 | Report this topic

Michael  
Years ago

awesome!!!!

Reply #494436 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I would love to think that basketball could ever excite such passion in Australia, but that would not occur here even if we beat the US for gold.

Reply #494440 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Realistically Serbia would get very excited about only a few sports like they have about this, soccer is an obvious one.

Here in Australia we would get just as excited about our soccer team if they won a world medal, our cricket team if they won the Ashes, our national rugby Union team if they won the Bledisloe Cup etc...

Good on them, but we have a few more sports in front of basketball at the moment. Maybe we wouldn't get this excited if we won the silver in hoops, but I think it would make the news big time regardless...

Reply #494470 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

We'd also have Reece Mastin singing at ours..

Reply #494549 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

I for one are glad we don't go all over the top nationalistic about these things. You want passion like that then it comes with the risk of riots at club games, trashing the streets after losses etc.

Give me the solid supporter, happy supporter over the fanatic everyday.

Reply #494552 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

By the way Reece Mastin may actually be more talented than whoever was responsible for that whatever it was.

Reply #494553 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A Serbian rapper, now I've heard it all.

Pittko Bullovich?

Reply #494555 | Report this post

Gordon Liddy  
Years ago

Is a Serbian rapper any more strange than an Australian rapper?

Reply #494556 | Report this post

MRT  
Years ago

Where's Yiannis? Definitely seen a Greek flag in there. Any reason why or is Yiannis there lol.

Reply #494560 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:56 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754