Anonymous
Years ago

New Clubs/Teams BIG V 2015

What new clubs/Teams are applying for entry into BIG for the 2015 season?

Topic #35468 | Report this topic

Cobra  
Years ago

Apparently Brisbane, Tasmania, 2nd Melbourne team, Wellington and possibly Canberra.

We will know who has been successful in making the cut in October/November. So not far away!

I have heard that if there are 5 strong bids, the NBL may put them all in for 2015/16. Won't necessarily be only 4.

Reply #494717 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Keyboard letter V playing up The Above should have read into the "BIG V 2015"

Reply #494718 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cobra, it's about bigv not NBL

Reply #494721 | Report this post

Billy Hoyle  
Years ago

Check the Big V 2015 thread

Reply #494726 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

New Clubs:
Collingwood D2M
Bacchus Marsh YLM2 and MAYBE YLW2

Wallan looked at D2M but have decided to wait

Horsham is still a maybe to return

Additional teams from existing clubs:
Warrnambool, Shepparton, Maccabi YLM2
Pakenham, Oakleigh D2W
Mornington, Chelsea YLW

Reply #494729 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Horsham - ZERO chance on return

Reply #494738 | Report this post

Cobra  
Years ago

There was a typo in the initial post, hence my response.

Reply #494981 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope Collingwood are playing in a better stadium than where we have to go on Friday nights!

Do Bacchus Marsh even have a stadium? Or plan on playing outdoors, with haybales for team benches.

Reply #495197 | Report this post

P  
Years ago

Collingwood will have a pretty good team from what I hear

Reply #495245 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah I think Collingwood are proven. Have a good pool nearby to steal from until they get their juniors going.

From what I can see, Bacchusmarsh have only been in rep for 2 years and been an association for 3- are they stable enough to be relied on for big v yet? There's not much nearby to take players from either

Reply #495281 | Report this post

Dane Suttle  
Years ago

Collingwood "have a good pool nearby to steal from until they get their juniors going"?
They had 23 VJBL teams this year and the biggest problem they face is bigger associations stealing their players!

Reply #495374 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well Said Dane, What is the point of new sides coming in if the only way they can field a team is to weaken another association!

This is why the BIG V ends up with clubs being beaten by 40 points every week, they are not ready for the jump to BIG V yet. Or they steal someone else players and leave that club in trouble.

If Collingwood have the juniors and can support themselves in the league then they should be let in.

So many new clubs coming into Youth league and the Div`s saying they need to enter a side in order to not lose ther juniors! They then hold tryouts as soon as they are granted entry into the league at the AGM and the side they put on the floor the next year has nobody from their own club in it.

Reply #495384 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Saw a club last night holding tryouts for a Youth League side that hasnt been officially excepted yet.

Why would you need tryouts if you are a new Youth league side? Would have thought the fact that you are entering a side is based upon the fact that you have players and supoort staff ready to go SMH!

Reply #495385 | Report this post

Ashke  
Years ago

You could easily be holding tryouts in anticipation for acceptance, nothing wrong with that. And nothing wrong with holding tryouts, there might be a pathway created for players in the area that they might not necessarily get at their home club, like not cutting it at an SEABL club and moving to a Big V SYCM/W etc.

Reply #495390 | Report this post

AwH  
Years ago

If they are putting in a YL team why do the need tryouts to get the team off the ground? wouldn't they already have a heap of their juniors they want to reward? Or do they not have enough juniors?

Reply #495399 | Report this post

Ashke  
Years ago

Ok well how about we look at it another way, maybe the club has 50 eligible players? What are you going to do, rotate 50 players?

Reply #495412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ashke I think you might be misreading what was said, the point made was why did they need tryouts to try and bring in outside players?

If they have 50 odd playrs like you are suggesting I would think you would do an internal tryout.

When a club advertises tryouts in order to "fill or feild" a team my thought would be that they are not yet ready to have a Youth League side.

Reply #495460 | Report this post

Ashke  
Years ago

No I didn't misread what was said at all, I have given two clear examples of why they might want to hold tryouts. And I didn't suggest they "had" 50 players, I was giving an example.

Reply #495468 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:08 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754