Lukosius
Years ago

Goldfields Giants seeking Aussie players for 2015

The Goldfields Giants currently have positions available on our roster for the 2015 WA State Basketball League (SBL) season.

Following the retirement of some of our veterans, we have spots available for both starters and bench players and we will consider any player who has the attributes to contribute towards the team, and to help us in our quest to win our third championship.

For those unfamiliar with our team or the league, the Giants are based in Kalgoorlie in regional Western Australia and have been one of the power clubs of the league for the past decade or so. Kalgoorlie arguably is the gold mining capital of Australia and having a professional basketball team playing at this level in a mining region is a rarity in Australia.

The WA State League is sometimes referred to as the unofficial western conference of the ABA and the quality of the league is similar to the QABL and Big V leagues, and probably a notch or so better than the Central ABA and Waratah leagues. Most teams play with two imports, while there were also many NBL and ex-NBL players competing in 2014.

We regard our club as one of the most dynamic and professionally-run basketball clubs in Australia outside of the NBL, and we will be doing what we can to field a team capable of winning a championship in 2015.

For any prospective player, a move to Kalgoorlie and to the Giants will not only reap rewards in a basketball sense, but also in a career sense, in particular with the jobs currently available in the region and the associated skills shortage it has created.

We have the ability to provide remuneration to any player we feel could make a difference, while assistance with employment, accommodation and relocation can also be negotiated.

If you may be interested at all, please email us at [email protected] for more information, or send a private message via our Facebook page - www.facebook.com/GoldfieldsGiants

Topic #35473 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

What happened to that Kiwi import who went to the giants last year?? Was he any good??

I saw the Kalgoorlie newspaper claimed that he played for a bunch of NZBL teams but there's no other record online that he ever did?

Seemed like a bit of a dud signing..

Reply #494804 | Report this post

may I play for the Goldfields Giants

Reply #505331 | Report this post

may I play for the Goldfields Giants, I'm only 15 and I will turn 16 next year, I want to team up with Duran Blue and Adrian Majstrovich and I want to take Luke Nevill and make him get defeated by the Goldfields Giants. Shamus Ballentyne I'm happy your back and I will team up with you.

Reply #505336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

may I play for the Goldfields Giants, I'm only 15 and I will turn 16 next year, I want to team up with Duran Blue and Adrian Majstrovich and I want to take Luke Nevill and make him get defeated by the Goldfields Giants. Shamus Ballentyne I'm happy your back and I will team up with you. Michael Haney we still need you and Lordan Franich, Matthew Leske and Miles Tierney we need you guys and Marcus Taylor we still need you for head coach for next year, please come back we still need you and you are a good coach

Reply #505339 | Report this post

may I play for the Goldfields Giants, I'm only 15 and I will turn 16 next year, I want to team up with Duran Blue and Adrian Majstrovich and I want to take Luke Nevill and make him get defeated by the Goldfields Giants. Shamus Ballentyne I'm happy your back and I will team up with you. Michael Haney we still need you and Lordan Franich, Matthew Leske and Miles Tierney we need you guys and Marcus Taylor we still need you for head coach for next year, please come back we still need you and you are a good coach. The Goldfields Giants need a really tall player an NBA player like Hasheem Thabeet

Reply #505341 | Report this post

The Goldfields Giants you guys need really tall players NBA and NBL players. Russell Hurst I once saw you at the goldfields oasis and I asked you If you were Russell Hurst. team giants you should not have gotten rid of Stephen Charlton because he was a really really good coach. Mike Excell I know your father and I've seen you dunk in a game and block, you once tried to score a 3 pointer but you couldn't get it in. we need you next year I hope you don't get injured a lot next year. John Santina I thought you and Duran Blue were very good players and you guys were really fast and good guards. Duran Blue we had photos together and I'm very sorry you lost a lot of games in the SBL you were a good player but your team did not have enough good players. Luke Nevill do you remember me from 2013 and 2014 I will take you on, I will dunk on you and block you and I will defeat the Kalamunda Eastern Suns.

Reply #505348 | Report this post

Miles Tierney and Mitchell Sheppard I know some of your cousins. I know Connor Tierney and Holly Creedon

Reply #505350 | Report this post

can my friend Jacob Lavender, Luke Gent, Michael Thomas, Tim Stafford, Brock Gadd and Zach Laws play for the Goldfields Giants

Reply #505355 | Report this post

I want Hasheem Thabeet to play for the Giants and become the first over 7 footer to play for the Giants. ask him and get him in the team now.

Reply #505362 | Report this post

Has one of Luke Nevill's friends left the suns? if the person has ask Luke Nevill to play for the giants and get him now.

Reply #505367 | Report this post

Some_Fulla  
Years ago

Wow awkward...

Reply #505368 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:32 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754