Anonymous
Years ago

Blitz: 36ers vs NZ Breakers

Breakers have a 7-0 lead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq0J3vNG3sY

Topic #35477 | Report this topic

Carcus Mamby  
Years ago

A none having issues with video freezing audio ok?
Previous game was Ok...

Reply #494774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've had issues with the streams of both games.

Reply #494776 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Breakers lead 24-17 at Qtr time

Reply #494777 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Do we have the full squad in?

Reply #494778 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

What the - watch earlier game and now having issues, hope this isn't what we get all season or I'll be asking for NBL TV back !!!!

Why is Creek on and not Daly.. Did Joey not watch the SEABL GF where Daly creamed Mitch and took a charge on him too... Dalys defence which is obviously needed in this game and ability to run the game and get everyone in it rather than the one man show creeky does, bring on Daly...

Reply #494780 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Should've gone with Ervs !!!!!

Reply #494781 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Breakers no Abercrombie & Vukona

36ers no Schenscher

Reply #494782 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

both team are struggling on offence. need to move the ball and make the right pass.

Reply #494783 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Creek has been far and away our best player all preseason. That's probably whyhe's on.

Reply #494784 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is starting to get ugly

Reply #494785 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Nice to see dial up is still used

Reply #494786 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

the problem with players like creek is it is the one man show which doesn't allow the rest of the team to be involved. Its like U12's !!! Better off with a TEAM... Hope Dean is watching as the roster was an issue from the outset and JOey is frustrated and it shows….. We had one good year !!!!! Jamar proving to be worth the trade off for a bit of spunk from Ervs… I know its a Blitz game but WTF...

Reply #494787 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Here we go, Daly, Johns, Teys on board together... thats a better TEAM… Now jamar can get in the game..

Reply #494788 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Creek's game just doesn't translate to this level 0/4 from the field including the airball

Reply #494789 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Our uniforms are so ugly

Reply #494790 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Breakers up 50-40 at half-time

Reply #494791 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's going to be a long year!!!

Reply #494792 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Thought Peach wasn't playing and resting his bones ??? This is looking all wrong....

Reply #494793 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Tai Wesley has been like having another Vukona.

Reply #494794 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

And this was meant to be the year we stabilise after a pretty successful campaign last season. I think we will stabilise the bottom half of the ladder and lose all the extra supporters we gained last year. VERY disappointing!

Reply #494795 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Can pick somebody hasn't played much lately...

Reply #494796 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Who are the commentators? Have been pretty good so far I think.

Sixers lack of size is killing them and they aren't making up for it on the other end with their mobility.

DQ has some good hops, but has missed been worried out of some shots by the more physical NBL level defence. Needs to adjust and realise he's not going to overpower many NBL forwards.

Nice handles and tricks from Jamar, but needs to make some shots too.

Teys looking good again, but Creek hasn't been able to get anything going yet. Need to see more from him this season.

Reply #494797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Commentators are the Kings crew Matt McQuade, Brad Rosen and Bruce Bolden.

Reply #494798 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Whats going on.. looks like Joey playing Hokey Pokey... You put one player in, you take one player out, you put one player in and you shake them all about ??? Maybe Joey looking to be sacked and get out of his contract !!!!

Reply #494799 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Wynyards what 16 or 17 and has 8 rebounds 6 points and showing some hustle.

Reply #494800 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Signing out now... gutted.. small part of me was trying to be hopeful but that terrible gut feeling when they started signing and ditching is now a reality…

Dean Dean Dean….

Reply #494801 | Report this post

josh  
Years ago

6ers looking very disappointing, no offence however on the upside montreal isn't looking too bad at the moment

Reply #494802 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

What's Sixers points situation? Who could they bring in if they dumped BJ? Need another quality big badly.

Reply #494803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Breakers lead 84-64 at 3-Qtr time

Reply #494805 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

PC is bringing 0
DQ can't go at this level
Team is tiny and will get belted all year long which means the bigs we have will be more prone to injury
Worrying time to be a 36er fan

Reply #494806 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Commentators talking about Pledger should be dominating the game, the guy has been injured & is taking it easy & finding his feet. It's pre-season and re-injuring himself is the last thing anyone on this side of the stream needs.
Ebekwe has been a bit of a mixed bag so far.

Reply #494807 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

What Adelaide is going through is exactly what nearly killed Townsville recently.
1. Have some success, not enough to make a big profit.
2. Cut costs by dropping Homicide Williams.
3. Teams is boring and not performing on the court.
4. Lose $$$
Moral of the story is you need to spend money to make money.

Reply #494808 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sack Joey !!

Reply #494811 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Its one of those 'what came first..the chicken or the egg' dilemmas.

Reply #494812 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Homicide looked like a chicken but I suspect he was the egg.

Reply #494813 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Breakers win 96-84

Reply #494814 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Every pre-season it is the same with fans freaking out that the team is not going to go well because they are losing in the pre-season.

Last pre-season Hawks and Tigers finished second and third to last in the tournament. They did alright during the season.

People got to stop reading too much into pre-season. The coaches main focus is not to win games but rather to try all players as well as work on different aspects to get them ready for the season.

Reply #494815 | Report this post

rockets fan  
Years ago

Adelaide are certainly nowhere near as talented as last season so it needs to be with commity this season.Whole team needs to contribute to offset the losses.NZ look pretty good considering how many talented bigs they have with CJ and Carter in the back.

For Adelaide BJ Anthony will really step up his game this season because outside of Petrie and Schenscher Adelaide s think up front.Positive side I the Gibon-Wilson backcourt will be damn good so that will be strength of the 6ers.

Reply #494816 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Poor performance from the Sixers. I think they can play better. I also think Schenscher, if he stays healthy, could be their key to success. Put Gibson, Teys, Crawford and Montreal out there and you can really spread the floor and force single coverage of Schenscher.

Too early to stick a fork in the Sixers, but they have some questions to answer.

NZ on the other hand, they're looking pretty good. Jackson makes a huge difference and there is lots of young talent coming through in Webster, Te Rangi, Wynyard and Ibekwe. I see them back up challenging Perth again this season.

Reply #494817 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Wrong balance in the team and no DJ replacement was an issue from the start.. SOS will be calling for an SOS this seasons end.....

Reply #494818 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Breakers of note

C. Webster 21p 2s 6/12 fg 3/4 3p

Wesley 16p 8r 8/15 fg 0/1 3p

Wynyard 12p 9r 5/6 fg 2/5 ft

Carter 11p 5r 4/6 fg 2/4 3p

Pledger 11p 6r 2b 3t 5/7 fg

Jackson 8p 8a 3s 3t 1/10 fg 0/4 3p

Ibekwe 7p 5r 2/4 fg 2/2 3p

TeRangi 7p 7r 5t 2/7 fg 1/4 3p

Reply #494819 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Yeah.........another year of wasted money on season tickets!! Dean, you must be so proud!!!

Reply #494820 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers of note

Montreal 15p 4r 2b 3t 6/13 fg 1/2 3p 2/5 ft

Gibson 13p 5a 3r 4/8 fg 1/1 3p

Teys 12p 5a 4/5 fg 1/2 3p

Crawford 10p 3r 2/8 fg 2/6 3p

Wilson 9p 4a 3t 4/12 fg 0/2 3p

Petrie 6p 7r 2b 1/5 fg 1/2 3p

Creek 8p 6r 3a 3/11 fg 0/2 3p

Reply #494821 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Breakers won the rebound count 46-32 with no Vukona or Abercrombie

Reply #494822 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

NIce spread and contribution from the Breakers ... NZ should be happy with what may happen this season…

Reply #494823 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

821 - you need to put minutes in to evaluate this properly !!! Can look better for some if big minutes and worse for others with less...

Reply #494824 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Better hope Schenscher stays healthy

Reply #494825 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Remember just pre-season, plenty to work on but also time to do it,

We were without Schenshcer so were quite small with Petrie and Montreal also not able to play big minutes, if we had those 3 fully fit playing 25-30 mins each, would make a bit of a difference imo. We will be very small if any of those guys miss any games though.

Montreal looked solid in his minutes, which is good.

Gibbo also didnt play heaps, foul trouble and the fact that its pre season.

So yea not a great start, but dont worry too much its only preseason championships are not won in September.

Reply #494826 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Gets some lemons out now and start practicing the whincing of your eyes and cheeks for the game against Hawks tomorrow night.... Won't be pretty and we can all drool at what could have been…. Ervs that is…. He will break Creek up..

Reply #494827 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Season starts on the 10th ??? Oh yeah we have some time up our sleeves...

Reply #494830 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Bet some thinking Frye would be looking good right now...

Reply #494831 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Channing Frye?

Reply #494832 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

JArrid Frye from last season who had a breakout pre season until he did his ankle who had some outstanding games but trouble with inconsistency due to the ankle which I assume is all good now..Great rebounder and blocker - long arm span and athletic

Reply #494833 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Frye wasn't great at anything and couldn't shoot to save himself, made Shaq look like a gun FT shooter too.

Reply #494834 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fry was good in the open court

Reply #494836 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Seriously? Injured or not, Frye was sacked because he was consistently outplayed and out hustled by a one point tenth man who took his starting position from him.

Good in the open court... Who isn't? At best that is good for a couple of cheapies a game. Give me someone who is not woeful in the half court over someone good in the open court anyday.

Reply #494843 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

overreaction much?

game 1 preseason. nuff said

Reply #494847 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

A 16yo almost had a double double, Tai Wynyard a possible future NBA hopeful for NZ?

Reply #494849 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Beantown, Ebekwe is like 29

Reply #494851 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

That game was just ugly, Wesley was awesome and it will be fascinating to see how he adapts to a role with reduced minutes behind Vukona.

36ers really looked tiny out there and I think they have gone from one of the top 3 rebounding teams to challenging Wollongong as the worst.

@ Mystro, I understand it's only pre season mate but I think we all expected more from Pledger (who's became my favourite Breaker) who had no Schenscher to compete with, a DQ that's still understanding the interpretations and Peach that was only meant to play 10 minutes.

Does anyone think that Joey played Peach too much last night?

Reply #494852 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

MAJOR ISSUES ARE PLAYERS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN PLAYING (Peach and Wilson looked rusty and were Rusty) AND THOSE STILL UNDERSTANDING THE GAME (DQ) , Oh and Mitch needs to learn some perimeter defence right now...….. His IQ on court is not as high as some so needs to be a role player only , not starting. Joey was right last season. Not enough settling of those running the court, Gibbo, Teys and Daly.

Jamar on his twitter agreed

Jamar WilsonVerified account
‏@JayDubbs5
So fun playing tonight under the whistle for the first time since March. Have a good feeling about the group. Shake the rust off. #36ers

Reply #494856 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Breakers are stacked - Wesley was a beast ... But I can't see Ibekwe lasting the season - need a guy like will hudson back as pledgers backup

Reply #494869 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Macdub in the other thread:

ADL need a roster change asap. Every team is going to kill them on the boards. Agreed that Creek has reached his ceiling and his game doesn't translate to this level, end of. I think the problem was the fact he played as PF for the Emus..so he never really developed a perimeter game.

I agree I couldn't believe the decision to replace the 6'11" DJ with a 6'7.5" Montreal. We're going to get hurt on the boards even with Schenscher due to how little he can play and lack of strength & mobility but when he's out injured it's going to be even more stark.

Surely a Scott Morrison type import wouldn't have broken the bank versus an under-sized SEABL guy?

Reply #494870 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

gotta get the jumpers and perimeters going if you are to beat the boards and it doesn't look like thats going to happen..... back to 2 years ago now…..

Reply #494872 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

'Seriously? Injured or not, Frye was sacked because he was consistently outplayed and out hustled by a one point tenth man who took his starting position from him.'

Not really. Teys did 3/5 of not much while Frye was on the roster. Didn't really do anything of note until after Frye was axed.

Reply #494875 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Perth Wildcats lost their friendly against Sydney without Childress, Brandt and essentially Duinker (2 mins). Are they panicking?

This is just an opportunity for the coaches to test out what works and what won't.

DQ belongs in this league and could probably be the best bang for buck import this season. He will probably average 15p / 6r. Will Daniels, McRae, Jackson average 30 or more?

The Sixers will be competitive without the star power of the other teams.

Reply #494882 | Report this post

Sharod  
Years ago

Tai Wynyand has showed a glimpse of his shooting, strength and explosiveness in the first game, I would think he has high potential to do well in the NBA if his height can reach 6'10 or taller.
Tai Wesley is a good pick and he show some crafty offensive skills.
Ibekwe displayed with his deep range shooting as well.
Te-Rangi should improve from his sloppy plays but not bad on defensive side.
Also want to see how Bailey and Ngatai compete for mins on 3 spot. Anyway it is interesting to see how these guys perform in the second blitz game and progress further.

Reply #494886 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:51 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754