LC
Years ago

Aussie High School Prospects - Men & Women

#TeamPnR have updated the Aussie HS prospects list thanks to Aus Bball Prospects.

Aussie High School Prospects: Men

Topic #35493 | Report this topic

Darryl  
Years ago

Cheers LC

Reply #495076 | Report this post

How come clicking on Bul KUOL's names doesn't open a stat page?

Reply #495087 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kuol hasn't participated at a Nationals so he doesn't have a stats page

Reply #495091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I believe its because he has never played at a Basketball Australia nationals tournament

Reply #495092 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hey LC

I know you didn't put this together can you pass on to Olgun Uluc this suggestion

Makuach MALUACH (Matur MALUACH) older brother, I'd say he is worth keep an eye on...

https://www.facebook.com/BasketballNSW/posts/571242549613912

COUNTRY DEFEAT METRO: In an epic all-NSW gold medal game, NSW Country defeated NSW Metro 65-61 in an overtime thriller. Makuach Maluach (pictured) was the star of the game with a 14 points, 11 rebounds, a PER of 21 and a thunderous transition dunk

p.s. LC keep up the great work

Reply #495100 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

if he's made a list like this why hasn't he represented his state at nationals?

Reply #495162 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He chose not to attend trials/trainings for the ACT state squad.

He often trains with the CoE squad and was invited by Andrej Lemanis to attend the ADC in January. So he deserves to be on the list

Reply #495169 | Report this post

#Bul_Kuol  
Years ago

^Actually, Bul was kicked out of the team for failing to show up to practice.

Reply #495195 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Statistics can mask what some players are actually like. Teams need players with great character especially college teams. Coaches in the US are not dummies they have plenty of athletic kids who can dunk to choose from over there they want aussie kids with ability who can fit their teams. Crap attitudes don't last long.

Reply #495264 | Report this post

#Evan_Fowler  
Years ago

You guys should add Evan Fowler from ACT as a prospect. He pretty good.

Reply #495327 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Evan fowler why a joke. 8 for 31 at the schools comp v. Vic

Very average poor. (Shocking ) attitude not worth mentioning in any list.

Reply #495334 | Report this post

Mathematician  
Years ago

^Where did you the stats? I'v been looking for them everywhere.

Reply #495339 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@Mathematician, here are the stats from Townsville:

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/comp_info.cgi?c=0-9095-0-316758-0&pool=1001&round=0&a=STATS

Reply #495345 | Report this post

Thanks for the link. =)

Reply #495347 | Report this post

Wow. William Mcdowell-White is a beast. It's a shame he wasn't in the Australian u17 squad.

Reply #495349 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah his athleticism and another big who actually wanted to bang it inside would have been great for that team I think!

Reply #495355 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

The list for the Aussie women prospects is also now up on PnR thanks to Aus Bball Prospects.

Aussie High School Prospects: Women

Reply #495820 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well done lc.

Reply #495832 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Couple of the QLD 1997 girls have committed already, Ironic that all the Southern Districts players have left that club for one reason or another in the last couple of months.

Reply #495845 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would expect to see a couple more inclusions in the 1998-1999 age group after the 18 Nationals in April next year. Kids can grow heaps in two years and given a chance really show what they can do.

Reply #495847 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's a really poor effort. Included lots of players who should not be there, left out lots who should - and as usual adding inches to most of the girls.

I guess it shows how genuine the interest level is in women's basketball.

Reply #495862 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ List looks fine to me.

Looks like someones little girl didn't get picked

Reply #495865 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Remember it's just one persons opinion ,so dont worry if names are not included that perhaps other think should be. Scouts don't pay much attention to lists like this as nice as it may be to have names up

Reply #495916 | Report this post

Wonderer  
Years ago

Sorry, but I agree with 862. If you are going to compile these lists, there should be some accountability about your information. At least one name on this list no longer plays at all, some of the heights are very generous and there are a number of exciting prospects missing, including some who have had trials at CoE or actual interest from good schools in the US.

Perhaps the PnR team should get a source who is more interested in the women's game to assist. My concern is that the impact of inclusion or exclusion on teenage girls is different to boys. A female player with flagging confidence who doesn't see their name on this list can read more into this than it actually deserves. For those who are on the list, congratulations for being recognised.

Reply #495926 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The same person who compiled the list is the same one who does player profiles in news reports of teams, like the last un19 women's team, which whilst sound good to read especially for those on it, it's purely his take not fact so don't worry, if a player is going to get selected for college it won't be because of a list one guy has put together. The reporting or should I say the lack of ,on women's basketball at all levels in the country is pathetic purely because it does not have the hype surrounding it, some of the biggest named colleges are currently recruiting girls and not one single thing is put out until long after it's happened.....why .....because the colleges don't bother with list they will have been scouting long before. And the girls don't go blowing their trumpets because most media are not interested anyway
Let just be grateful that a list has even been attempted to be complied

Reply #495932 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

The team at PnR all provide their time and effort for no financial gain; we do our best in promoting the game of hoops across as many levels as we can with the resources we have. I'd like to think we are doing a pretty good job considering we are now just 1 year old and that we all do it for no financial reward on top of our day jobs / study commitments.

We are always on the look out for people passionate about hoops and willing to help promote it; if you would like to see more coverage of the women across all levels, then please get in touch via our website.

Reply #495940 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Think your doing a good job too wasn't having a dig at you guys, your probably the only ones even making a slight effort when it comes to the media and female players in this country so please keep it going, though I do wish you'd get your sources to get quotes from the coaches on players rather than their own opinions but can see how hard that would be. It's a shame BA don't put more effort into following the pathways of their female and male athletes during the transition yrs from junior into senior. But then college ball is not really encouraged too much. If American colleges had to go through BA to be able to recruit, then a list of this could easily be found just like they do in America. Would make your job so much easier.
All the external camps like Nike and Adidas tournaments promote men's basketball so again easier for you to find info, their is literally nothing for the women .

Reply #495954 | Report this post

Big V  
Years ago

Are the heights in PnR for women done with platform shoes on? If so what height shoes looks as though at least 2 inches? Is there a standard add-on height?

Reply #495958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heights are based on their listed heights in Nationals programs, they're really the only 'official' heights for these girls out there

Reply #495962 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is that like a movie about a story based on actual events?

Reply #495987 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You will find that at least one inch, sometimes two are always thrown in for hoopsters. It is their on court height and because it is done everywhere it levels out in the end. Usually you can take an inch off for most players and you will be pretty accurate.

Reply #495988 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Australia measures stocking feet fiba and USA with shoes hence always differences

Reply #495991 | Report this post

Wonderer  
Years ago

OK the height issue aside, I appreciate that someone is taking the time to raise awareness if talented female players.

However, some of the players on this list are 14, could still be 13, seems a big call to identify them as prospects so young.

Reply #496000 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just see it for what it is. An opinion piece. Basketball content, any content, is good content. This is well presented and packed with content and information. Accuracy is virtually impossible no matter who is doing this kind of content be it BA or Coach K - IT IS ALWAYS SUBJECTIVE.

These kinds of rankings are all over the US and don't seem to cause any problems there. Well done to the people or person that puts this together.

Reply #496001 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wonderer, sounds like you know the girls in the mix or who should be in the mix. Email LC or put your observations on here. I'm sure LC will pick them up and run with them.

I've provided corrections previously, which he gladly changes and is most appreciative for the update.

Personally I think we need to be thankful that they've at least posted a list on their site.

Reply #496022 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Whitnee wehi a good prospect? 6'2 forward. 17.
Looks like she has a lot of hustle, pretty solid rebounder, post game and mid range shooter...

Reply #496721 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At 17 she would have been picked up by now I would imagine

Reply #496725 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LC what happened to the high school prospect list for women for those born 1996, this group surly has some of the best talent yet no lists for them, but you have for the men? Just wondering not criticising

Reply #501799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How does the list match up with the kids invited to the Australian Development Camp in January? Any of the 2000 born list of girls get invited?

Reply #505567 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

La Lumiere's Thursday night game against Wasatch Academy (UT) was expected to be an exciting affair, not only because it’s a chance to see 2 quality teams go at it, but also because all proceeds from the game will be donated to the Mary Kline Cancer Foundation.

The occasion has now taken another step up, with Kentucky’s John Calipari and Kansas’ Bill Self expected to be in attendance to watch Australia’s 2016 big-man Isaac Humphries.

John Calipari and Bill Self expected in Indiana to watch Isaac Humphries

Reply #508896 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

With one of the country's most talented 2015 prospects, Jack McVeigh, committing to Nebraska last week, we take a look at some of the recruiting action of some of the best 2016 athletes. Some Australian U17 squad members have seen their recruitment pick up since the start of the new year, as well as one of New Zealand’s top prospects, who is currently taking visits to an impressive list of universities.

Northern Colorado offers Owies; Tai Wynyard to visit Kentucky

Reply #509294 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Ben Simmons remained #1 in ESPN's latest player rankings, while Isaac Humphries comes in at #41!

Aussies featured in updated ESPN Rankings: Simmons remains #1, Humphries rises to #41

Reply #510915 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:52 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754