What if
Years ago

Favorite Basketball Podcast

So what is best source for informative and entertaining news on basketball ?

Do you prefer DOWNTOWN with Tommy Greer and Liam Santamaria or CBS Sports EYEON Basketball or Drive and Dish NBA ? Who gives the best analysis and who brings the best interviews ?

Topic #35575 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I find it very hard to believe that someone living in Sydney could give any kind of NBA analysis. Those type of podcast are a bit of a joke IMO. I credit them for trying but they can and will never stack up.

Downtown has the best local coverage. I used to like the Gaze/Bernard podcast but it went a bit too commercial

The TBJ guys used to be a staple of mine but I think it is different now since they've gone on NBAtv. The BS report & Grantland are now my go tos - a bit mainstream but they get it done for me

Reply #496335 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Jalen & Jacoby is entertaining as hell, if light on in-depth analysis.

Zach Lowe's "Lowe Post" podcast can be pretty good depending on the guest.

Reply #496343 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Aussie Hoopla for interviews and Downtown for entertainment and general information are my favourites. Believe the Hype is really good for NBA specifically.
For Golden State Warriors I love NBAWarriors Huddle and Warriors World is good also.
I will definitely give some of the ones mentioned in this thread a go as I am always looking for more high standard podcasts.

Reply #496354 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Started listening to The Starters this year (download the podcast via libsyn) and have recently started listening to Grizz and Tizz. Enjoy both shows. Just subscribed to League Pass so it will be interesting to see The Starters on screen rather than just listening to the podcast.

Reply #496388 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Short corner is another really good one, it's hosted by ex baller Paul Shirley and is a fun inside take on basketball.

Reply #496427 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:28 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754