Jake
Years ago

Boti picks Adelaide for 3rd spot

I would love for him to be right but everything will need to go well and other teams he has selected lower than us namely NZ, Sydney who I believe are stronger will have to under perform.

Topic #35583 | Report this topic

paul  
Years ago

I think Adelaide will be stronger than Sydney, whose frontcourt D is a concern. Obviously NZ's roster is very strong but the injuries to Abercrombie and Pledger are quite a concern.

I think Adelaide will be somewhere around 3-6, but it's hard to really say because injuries can play such a big part.

Reply #496429 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He tipped Adelaide to finish 5 spots above Cairns, who he has finishing 8th. I doing Adelaide will finish ahead of Cairns, let alone 5 places ahead!

Reply #496434 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

I'm picking Adelaide to be 7th or 8th. Sorry guys! Injuries are going to play a major part of positioning this season. A key player out for 2 games could mean the difference between top 4 or 8th.

Reply #496435 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Really, Cairns predicted to finish 8th....

Reply #496436 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Speaking of Cairns, I saw Loughton yesterday in a moon boot. Anyone know what that's about?

Reply #496440 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

That's me^

Reply #496441 | Report this post

Darryl  
Years ago

Lasy years 8th team Townsville were only 3 wins off 4th and were competitive most games, that said a spoon is still a spoon it could come down to injuries or upsets in the gap from 4th to 8th.
Right now I don't see Adelaide finishing any higher than sixth.

Reply #496443 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Yeah Boti is being a bit of a homer with that one.

We've never seen what Joey Wright can do without a loaded roster so I guess this will be the test.

I'm gonna say they definitely won't make the 4, but could finish as high as 5th.

Gibbo is going to be primed for a career year.

Reply #496444 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Sadly, Boti is looking at assisting with ticket sales.

Can't see us finishing in top 4

Reply #496448 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

3rd .....1/2 ounce of what he's smoking please

Reply #496465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Keep in mind he has to talk the 36ers up to keep interest in the team and thus keep his job at the paper.

Reply #496467 | Report this post

Darryl  
Years ago

It's not the funniest article I have seen.
In another thread someone else has the sixers finishing first.

Reply #496468 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.botinagy.com/blog/get-ready-for-a-rip-snorter-nbl-season/

Reply #496474 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Balance wise you cant go past Perth Wildcats. Depth, scoring power, good versatile frontline, amazing defence, good in the open court and halfcourt sets.They have it all.

Reply #496476 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

476 - Perth has it all ---- yep including a millionaire to boot..

Reply #496477 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That certainly helps

Reply #496478 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

The balance and versatility seems to be Wildcat's strengths. Not the best at any particular facet, but able to play to any set of strengths and weaknesses they are presented with.

Reply #496481 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

And should I be reading anything into Boti listing the same text for Perth's best and worst case scenario? :P

Reply #496483 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

You're all assuming Adelaide will finish the season with the team they have now. Joey will make changes if needed & Adelaide will be in the top 4!

Has he ever coached a team that didn't make finals?

Reply #496534 | Report this post

JoeyIsWright  
Years ago

2010/11 Season Joey coached the Gold Coast Blaze. They finished 6th. So yes he has coached a team that didn't make finals.

Reply #496545 | Report this post

Ganymede 86  
Years ago

That Gold Coast team had a crazy amount of injuries that year.

Reply #496548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has anyone got Boti's number?

I want him to hook me up with whoever's supplying the good stuff he's been smoking.

Reply #496624 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With an even league, relying on making changes during the year is a good recipe for not making the playoffs.

Reply #496629 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I reckon Boti's thinking about the final Blaze season where they finished third with two $65k imports and solid AU contingent. I'd take Wilson over Deleon and Montreal could easily be on par with Hudson. Petrie and Gibbo are about as good as you can hope for from Australian players in their positions. If the chemistry is there, it may well prove more reliable than Cairns with a spine, Kings young frontcourt, Wollongong's new, perceived chemistry issues and so on.

I think you can be confident in the Wildcats' roster, coaching and D. And Melbourne's roster should get them through despite the coaching. NZ who knows. And the Crocs I will believe when I see them get a string of actual season wins going.

Reply #496630 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Adelaide finish in the top 3, I'll walk through Rundle Mall in a pink tutu, skulling a stein of beer and singing "I walk this lonely road, the only one that I have ever known. Don’t know where it goes, but I know Boti was so right....and I was so wrong"

Reply #496639 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

Like an anonymous suggested above I purely thing Boti has ranked the way he has in regards to Adelaide because he predominantly writes for an Adelaide Newspaper. Does that mean that his articles cross the line from being more journalistic to puff pieces on Adelaide? I think so sometimes.

Reply #496640 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When I came to read this thread I couldn't see in the preview pane where he had picked them, I was assuming 8th an then I read #3.. LOL

but the sad thing is the local journalist of each city has to be pay lip service to the local side otherwise they get access cut

if NBL were a bigger league with more journalists around they wouldn't be worried and rip into the clubs for being poor when necessary

Reply #496649 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I agree with Isaac and will also add I think this year will be the year of Mitch Creek. He will make up for the lost points of DJ and will make us either make the playoffs or just miss out.

I think Perth and Melbourne are guaranteed to make the playoffs, not necessarily placed in the top 2 but they will both make it. Other than that I think any team can make it.

Reply #496655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Centrebet has the Hawks and the 6ers equal at $3.50 to finish bottom. Kings and the Crocs at $5.50.

Reply #496660 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Sportsbet and Centrebet had Adelaide finishing 5th and 4th last year. They finished 2nd

Also Sportsbet and Centrebet had NZ to finish 2nd. They finished 2nd last.

They both did expect Townsville to finish last which is what happened.

In such an even competition anything can happen. The bookies abilities to pick correctly in the NBL is low compared with the AFL since there is so little information regarding the NBL.

Reply #496667 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I don't think Boti is pandering to the club at all, maybe just rating Wright's coaching heavily and looking at the positives as a hometown fan is sometimes prone to doing.

I think the risk taken by many others is in overrating incoming and unknown imports. A good number of them may prove to be unremarkable.

Reply #496683 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

KingJames haha I think you don't understand the odds.

They are giving you odds on who will win the Championship, that is winner of the playoffs.

Their odds aren't predicting who comes 2,3,4,5,6,7 or 8.

It is only to do with who eventually wins the championship.

Reply #496789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have a new story idea for Boti.

Write about the way us members are being treated.

Two days to go no season tickets yet in mail!

Season launch not made public, just the few at the top hob nobbing, but Boti was probably there so doesn't care about us.

Social media not being used effectively or even snail mail for that matter.

An explanation on what Dean and HQ are doing all day.

Boti write up an expose but you won't will you?

Reply #496940 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:42 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754