Annon
Years ago

Bronze Medal Game

Go Aussies Go.....

Topic #35592 | Report this topic

Westsider  
Years ago

It was decided in the first quarter. Just like the gold medal match. The true bronze medal game was yesterday, Turkey vs. Spain. ;-)

Reply #496610 | Report this post

basketball tragic  
Years ago

yes usa v aust recorded the closest result

Reply #496651 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Brilliant result by the girls. For me, our best by far were Phillips, Taylor and Tolo. After that, I reckon there was a bit of daylight to the rest of the girls, which worries me. We need more depth and some of the girls to really step up if we want to beat the US. If we add Cambage, Jackson, Kunek to the mix, we are definitely stronger but still need more depth down to number 9. Any really good players at college right now? In Europe?

Reply #496674 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Great win by the Opals! Amazing game - especially that blistering start to shut down the home crowd and effectively the Turks in the first quarter.

2014 FIBA World Championships: Bronzed Opals roast Turkey

Australia were able to overcome the disappointment of their semi final loss to the USA to steamroll host nation Turkey 74-44 in the playoff for bronze at the 2014 FIBA World Championships for women in Istanbul.

Reply #496679 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Pity it wasn't an opals Us Gf as that would have been a ripper game... SPain and Turkey major let downs..

Reply #496708 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Super tournament by the girls and really highlighted our depth. Even with so many outs we had a lot of genuine contributors, and spots for Rio will certainly be at a premium after this.

Super week's work by Joyce and co.

Reply #496709 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:08 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754