Anonymous
Years ago

Apps for basketball stats

Does anybody have an opinion on the best app for keeping basketball stats?

Topic #35596 | Report this topic

Bear  
Years ago

I have two on my iPhone, they also work well on an iPad:

HoopStats and EasyStats

You can find them easily on your App Store if you have an iPhone etc... Not sure if they are also on android, probably they are.

Easy to use and can even print game statistics, not quite live stats but sufficient for coaching purposes.

Reply #496722 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

I use one called HOOPi. Really easy to use.

Reply #496737 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Platform please?

Reply #496834 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

HOOPi is on iPhone but works better on the iPad because the buttons are bigger.

Reply #496881 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I use Centrebet and Sportsbet apps to get my stats/odds

Reply #496937 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It depends what you want to do with the Stats.

If you want to become a "professional" statistician and work the NBL, FIBA tournaments etc etc and have the ability to update the official FIBA LIveStats web pages then you need to use the free program

FIBALiveStats v5 which is downloadable from https://sportingpulseinternational.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202243440-LiveStats-Downloading-FIBA-LiveStats

unfortunately this is WIndows Only - not designed for tablets iOS devices etc and also is not the easiest/best program to use - many of the Pro statisticians hate it.

Otherwise you have many options for PC and tablets such as
- Dakstats
- ESPN iScore Basketball - my personal preference for Tablet/iOS use

However do be warned - with all the programs it is virtually impossible to capture a full set of Stats in real-time on your own. If you have ambitions of doing "live stats" for remote fans on the web, or even if you just want to be able to hand-out accurate printouts to the coaches/teams at the end of each periiod, you really need a minimum crew of two - one "calling" the game and the other doing the data entry. Trust me, however enticing the claims of the program, you just won't be able to keep up on your own unless you're a genius with years of experience. Unless you're only worrying about a couple of key stats categories. If this is what you're looking for, make sure the program you get has something like "coach mode" or equivalent, something designed to just let you capture a sub-set of stats that are important to the coach.

Reply #496948 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you can use a tablet with windows 7 or 8 on it to use FIBA LiveStats on a tablet if in the stadium and need mobility

best of both worlds

Reply #497046 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:19 am, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754