Tyson
Years ago

Dennis Rodman coming Down Under in Feb

Saw a Whisper article in Herald Sun today about an NBA Player coming to Australia in Feb next year -

Spoke to a friend in the know and he said it is apparently Dennis Rodman who is coming to Australia in February to do a series of tell all talks in a few states!!

Topic #35618 | Report this topic

Annon  
Years ago

I'll definitely be missing that !!!

Reply #497011 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

A tell-all speaking tour, like he has been hush-hush about his private life up until now.

The only thing id be vaguely interested in is his North Korea experience but to be honest I doubt he'd shed any light on what's really going on there in any intelligent way.

Reply #497015 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will this be shown on ABC's Big Ideas?

Reply #497029 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BORING you should have come down under in your prime not now. WASHED UP and desperate for cash, no thanks.

Reply #497040 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Years ago

I bought his book once for 1cent... 2 paragraphs in & I felt I'd wasted my money. Great rebounder, defender & attention grabber, but...

Reply #497047 | Report this post

+ - is for nerds  
Years ago

you're all negative dicks. wa wa wa wa Rodman is washed up.

he's still done more in one day than you bitter nerds have done in a lifetime.

how about focusing on the good things in life dicks.

Reply #497051 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

+-is for nerds... it's called a discussion. You know, presenting different viewpoints etc.. You are certainly allowed to disagree with people, however childish name-calling is, well, childish.

If Rodman came to run a rebounding/defence clinic, I'd be there in a heartbeat and so would my kids.

As he is coming to speak, I will avoid at all costs. Have you heard this man speak?! I watched him on the Apprentice and he is seriously lacking some smarts. He is also very arrogant.

Reply #497061 | Report this post

Wangnplums  
Years ago

Negative basketball fans..... Wow what a surprise!! That's why the NBL is going so strong I guess!!
Dennis is the man! An actual sports icon with more intriguing sides to him than movie stars!
BRING THIS ON!

Reply #497088 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

If nothing else, he will generate publicity for the game, something to put on the back page of the Herald other than cricket, soccer or horse riding!!!?

Reply #497091 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Hardly a great representative of the fairly clean sport of basketball !!! There are better local role models and those in the NBA, NBL, Euro and OS leagues, Opals and Boomers.

Reply #497094 | Report this post

Vodka63  
Years ago

Anything that has people talking about basketball is good for the sport given where it sits in the market in Australia.

A good example last year was the Wildcats / 36ers scuffle at the end of the game. While basketball people were saying that's not what we want to see, it got more press and exposure than just about anything else during the season.

Love him or hate him, it would be great if Rodman came down and particularly if he could be convinced to attend one or two games. I reckon that would drag quite a few people through the door for the novelty value. Once they have been to a game, there is a much greater chance of getting them back

Reply #497098 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon can I ask what you like about basketball cos it sounds like you sit on a computer all day looking for something to hate??

Dennis is an NBA Hall Of Famer, won 5 NBA championships played with Jordan and Thomas and has had a crazy interesting life -

You are plain and simply a hater (That's why you have posted more than one negative comment - say your piece and be done)Aussie Basketball doesn't need the bullshit!!

Reply #497106 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

It's sad when he gets more interest for his entertainment value than for his basketball brilliance. Betcha that all the publicity will be about his hair and tats and relationships instead of his game.

Oh, yeah, there might be a comment about Michael Jordan too.

I'm with the Anon who would go see him talk basketball but stay away from the other personal attention-seeking stuff.

Reply #497142 | Report this post

MRT  
Years ago

Yeah screw him and his crap. Supporting the North Korean dick who oppresses his people and is delusional. I'd rather listen and have my kids listen to a great role model who contributes to society in a positive way. Just my thoughts. Cheers.

Reply #497144 | Report this post

B'BOY  
Years ago

This will be cool. Full stop.
Every sport needs people like him... And keeping in mind.... HE'S A HALL OF FAMER!
I wanna party with him too!

Reply #497194 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Confirmed by The Worm himself on Twitter.

Reply #497230 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He will get media coverage for being a unique personality not basketball. If it is linked to basketball it will be used by the media dicks in Aus to make basketball look bad.

so how are the anons being negative, they have their legitimate concerns, get over it

Reply #497259 | Report this post

Snowmansinkas  
Years ago

I'll never understand how lonely people are that they comment negatively about something they say "they have no intrest in" haters hate while we all sit front row and listen to a superstar tell us about a pretty sweet life !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring on Bad Boy Dennis
And congrats to who ever got this guy to come to oz .... Much love !!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #497513 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ another prime example of the word 'hater' being abused on this website

make sure to ask him his understanding of the situation of North Korea, that would be very interesting

Reply #497539 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Guarantee one thing, he will not answer any political questions about North Korea, no honestly anyhow!

Reply #497853 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you're right he won't answer them, what a worm indeed!

Reply #498015 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:13 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754