A
Years ago

Boti's preview story about Wilson facing Cairns

Is Boti doing more good for this club than the club itself...... And keeping it alive....

Great article on the Adelaidenow website...great photo also not able to be posted

New 36ers import Jamar Wilson has no qualms running into his old club Cairns on his first night

FOR new Adelaide 36ers import Jamar Wilson, there almost was an air of inevitability he would run into Cairns sooner, rather than later.

The New Yorker with the super ball skills spent three years with the Taipans and was a league MVP runner-up, but will run out in Sixers blue for their NBL season-opener at Adelaide Arena.

And one of the flat-out stars for the 2014-15 Taipans is slick American playmaker Scottie Wilbekin, late of the storied Florida Gators and with the game that one day should see him in the NBA.

"My wife was the first to mention it (Cairns being first opponent on the schedule) and I just want to get it done and dusted," Wilson said.
Full story

Topic #35626 | Report this topic

Spinner  
Years ago

Good point - Boti has done more for the club's promotion than the club itself. He is a basketball reporter, not a marketing officer for the Sixers! Is that their communication strategy?

Reply #497164 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

His job does in some way depend on the continued existence and popularity of the sport though.

Reply #497168 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

"Is Boti doing more good for this club than the club itself...... And keeping it alive...."

He certainly would like to think so

Reply #497186 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

alexkrad, I don't think he's really like that. He's been involved with basketball at many levels for so long that he's just genuinely happy if the sport is successful or if people see an entertaining game.

Disclaimer: he occasionally pays me some tiny amount of money to update his website so I might be biased.

Reply #497208 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Maybe so but he's such a self righteous prick on twitter

Reply #497209 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed about Boti. Great stories, unparalled knowledge but can be very self righteous!

Reply #497219 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

I always thought Boti was just kinda taking the piss, seems alright to me...

Reply #497222 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

He's clearly passionate about basketball. Sometimes his passion blinds him to how less passionate folk, or those with other opinions, see things. i.e., he's no different to any of the passionate posters I enjoy (and sometimes don't) reading on here.

If he didn't open himself up to our criticism by writing about basketball in such an opinionated manner, would the 36ers have been on the front page of today's Advertiser? Probably not. So well done that man.

Reply #497243 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Anyone who has a massive full body picture of themselves on every page of their website is bound to be found of tooting their own trumpet every now and then...

Reply #497251 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

fond of*

Reply #497252 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:56 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754