Bizzy
Years ago

Talking Hoops

Can anyone give me a recap on Talking Hoops last night? I missed it as I had ball.

Did any callers ring regarding the state of SA basketball?

Cheers

Topic #3563 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

tape it

Reply #41353 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

If you're not going to help, don't waste everybodies time replying. For all you know I could be poor and can't afford tapes or I could just be lazy and not tape it. You just don't know.

But if anyone can just give me a run-down be much appreciated.

Reply #41356 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

A recap best serves all basketball people in the state and further promotes the program anyway.

Bizzy wouldn't be the only person interested in finding out what went on.

Reply #41368 | Report this post

Satish Dogra  
Years ago

Isaac, do you know whether Talking Hoops or CoastFM has its own website?

Or whether they have the technology to podcast their show each week (perhaps even have a link to that off the Hoops SA site)?

I for one would be on that bandwagon - it's great being able to listen to shows you can't listen to when they're on live, when and where you want.

Reply #41376 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

CoastFM.com.au

Not sure re podcast.

Personally, I don't like listening to radio shows or even recordings and much rather read transcripts (more efficient), but a podcast would be useful for others I'm sure.

Reply #41379 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Great idea Satish. I would be joining you on that bandwagon!!

Reply #41380 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Are we able to get a transcript currently Isaac?

Reply #41382 | Report this post

Pierre  
Years ago

Anon you are a tool publish your real name and show respect for busy people who love basketball and would like to know what happenned on the show

Reply #41386 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bizzy, only if someone writes it up!

Reply #41388 | Report this post

Satish Dogra  
Years ago

Thanks Isaac

Reply #41390 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Just a thought, but you would think the Sixers would be running an article on Talking Hoops (maybe they did and I missed it?)

After all it is their people and I would imagine alot of the content is around the Sixers and probably ABA whilst that is in action.

Reply #41497 | Report this post

Stephon  
Years ago

I didn't catch all of Talking Hoops but I heard Brett Maher talking a bit about the Rogers situation.

Well done to Kriss again for calling up for an update on the situation.

Brett confirmed what has already been posted on the board in that they are still talking to Rogers.

He said something along the lines of the league had made it clear to 36ers management that they won't be to happy if the 36ers try and say that Rogers is signing for $21k and would be highly suspicious if we tried to submit such a contract.

He said it would hopefully be resolved in a few weeks.

Rillie was on the show and said he had fond memories of Adelaide from the championship year (good group of guys, the usual stuff).

Said he became a good shooter from shooting a lot. Surprise, surprise.

Commented that Townsville's second import didn't pass his medical tests so they have sent him back to US and are searching for a replacement.

Only controversial part of interview was when it was questioned why he wasn't a part of the Boomers squad. He said that Goorjian hasn't even contacted him so he doesn't know what is going on. Funny part is he'd probably be starting guard for the Boomers if he'd signed for Sydney last season instead of Townsville.

Neil Gliddon commented on the recent junior champs.

Maher also commented briefly that there are some exciting things in the pipework this season from the game night entertainment standpoint which I'm sure there will be with the new committee that has been appointed.

Paul Rees was interviewed and talked a bit about how he was happy to have re-signed and how we had a great team lined up for next season.

He questioned Maher a bit about Rogers as well asking where we were at with him.

Hope this is of some help to those who missed the show.

Reply #41527 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

The part I like is:

"Maher said something along the lines of the league had made it clear to 36ers management that they won't be to happy if the 36ers try and say that Rogers is signing for $21k and would be highly suspicious if we tried to submit such a contract."

Offer and sign the contract and they can be highly suspicious all they bloody like. They can look over all the books, geez, they can hit the 36ers with an FOI. If the Rogers contract is done honestly and to the letter of the guidelines then they are chasing ghost. Let the NBL waste $10k investigating it.

I really now wonder that Brisbane signed Bradtke, McKinnon and Copeland too as far as coin goes.

Reply #41544 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

I was hoping that brissy may sign Rob Brown! He may be undersized in a team of f'n GIANTS but he was great entertainment for the league.
Anyone remember when he signed his name on the center court of the hawks game? HA-HA that was rich

Reply #41547 | Report this post

Stephon  
Years ago

I agree completely TR.

If Rogers is willing to sign then get the deal done and then take a hard stance with NBL.

I don't see what grounds the NBL have for causing us any problems.

Being suspicious of a breach and proving a breach are 2 different things.

If they can prove a breach then good on the NBL but if they can't then they should stay out of it.

Reply #41553 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Thanks heaps for that re-cap Stephon. Much appreciated.

TR & Stephon you are both correct and speak for the majority of Sixers fans, Sign Rogers legitimately and then let the NBL try and prove otherwise.

Reply #41558 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:46 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754