Jack Toft
Years ago

Kings vs Hawks, Oct 11

The NSW Derby is on and with the Hawks shooting a shot across the bow of the Crocs last night, can they make it a dream start and bag 2 from 2 against the violet crumbles?

The Kings have fresh legs and look to be stronger than Hawks on paper, but that means nothing when the ball is tossed into the air.

Jason Cadee is the big one to watch after returning home to Sydney, breaking local SA girl's hearts in the process. Sixers fans should wish him the best with his new team.

I'm going the Kings by 10, but with the Red Fox in charge of a whiteboard anything is possible

Topic #35638 | Report this topic

sleptOn  
Years ago

It amazes me what Geordie has been able to make his teams achieve in his career. He's a personal fav for me. Just such a classy guy all round.

Hawks are my other team, first being the Sixers. So come on guys, don't let me down. Make this another happy night of basketball. Let me get my fix.

Re:

"Sixers fans should wish him the best with his new team"

I support Cadee, wish him the best, but Kings can kiss my royal a.s! They've been washed up for years now. Glamour & glitz.

Lets GO!

Reply #497569 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Is this game on TV or Foxtel? I am watching A-League on Fox Sport, would be happy to channel hop with this game?

Reply #497571 | Report this post

sleptOn  
Years ago

This is going to come down to the wire!!!

Hawks, don't let me down now.

Reply #497580 | Report this post

sleptOn  
Years ago

Man, Neville is definition of tree in the lane. So damn long, wire-like.

Reply #497581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cadee left to be home and get more minutes but this is the issue. With 2 imports and Marquees now on the cards there are going to be less spots in the starting five and roster so less opportunities for our own players development and where will they go ???

Reply #497584 | Report this post

Matt  
Years ago

it won't be such a big problem with at least one more team coming in next season and more in the years to follow

Reply #497585 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good win for the kings - Perkins was terrible at pg so Cadee might get some more burn

Reply #497587 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Cadee 1 point in 13 minutes. Ouch.

Reply #497589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bruins friend.

Reply #497590 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Josh Childress carried the Kings to that win, he looks even better than advertised.

26p, 8r, 3a, 3s, 2b, 3t, 9/13 fg, 1/3 3p

Reply #497591 | Report this post

sleptOn  
Years ago

Ah man, reeling.

Solid effort by Hawks, lots of good signs.

Couple of clutch 3s by Ervin deep in the 4th. Big fan of that guy.

Childress is silk. Handles. Nuff said there.

It was close. Good win by the Kings in the en. Still glamour & glitz though. I'll let the crowd prove my point. Reminds me of one of the other threads where fellow board member alluded to "night out on the town".

Alright, back to NBL.tv!

Reply #497592 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So who didn't think Childress wouldn't carry them Isnt that want imports do? Not Marquee but who cares

Reply #497594 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Congrat to Geordie for getting good production of out of Ballinger here Anstey could not.

Reply #497595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who FFS is Geordie Carcus Mamby? Last time I spoke with him his nickname was Gordie.

Reply #497596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No mention either of Marty Clarke's poor usage of Ballinger and effectively running him out of town.

Reply #497597 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ballinger and hill playing great - good signs for the hawks

Reply #497604 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Josh Childress did not disappoint! 26 points on 9 of 13 shooting, adding 8 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals and 2 blocked shots in a memorable debut.

Josh Childress leads Kings to win on debut

Reply #497623 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like Jason Cadee but he is overhyped as a player...he's just not that good.

Brad Hill always starts the season well...wonlt last long and he wont finish that way.

Reply #497635 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LC, see above.

Reply #497651 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Jason Cadee is the big one to watch after returning home to Sydney, breaking local SA girl's hearts in the process."

HAHAHAHAHA love it. MONGO WANT BALL

Kings suck like the previous seasons if not for Childress.

Reply #497662 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So what you just said is they don't suck. Battle for the spoon already with many of the experts getting it wrong already.

Reply #497703 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:59 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754