crapped off
Years ago

who decides free to air coverage??? WTF

who is responsible for marketing and growing the game in the NBL??

Childress who is the best credentialed player in the NBL is not seen on TV for the opening wkend.

I think we have to wait to rd 4 to see him on TV.

NBL.TV will not grow the game, free to air TV showing the best players will.

Topic #35639 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Daniels and Jackson last night.
Wilberkin and McRae/others tomorrow. Still seeing plenty.

Reply #497603 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Sydney have how many games televised this season and you are whinging about missing round #1.

Reply #497611 | Report this post

sleptOn  
Years ago

I think the guy raises a legitimate point though.

NBL.TV will not grow the game, free to air TV showing the best players will.

I have a subscription, but only because of apalling FTA coverage.

The guy has a point.

Reply #497612 | Report this post

sleptOn  
Years ago

One thing I've come to learn of you my fellow Australians, indeed I'm an Australian now (became a Citizen a good number of years ago), is your way of minimising things sometimes. I understand it largely comes from the she'll be right outlook. Sometimes, no not really, she won't be right, and you need voice your concern with some vigour, be more proactive.

In my case you can say I was forced into buying an nbl.tv subscription because truth be told, free-to-air coverage sucks. No beating around the bush. Calling a spade a spade.

NBL is dying a slow death by a thousand "lack of exposures".

I'll duck for cover for now, but I stand strongly by my point.

Best guys.

Reply #497613 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Wow, someone is suggesting the TV deal isn't perfect. Wow, why hadn't anyone mentioned that before?

Great to see 7000 at the SEC last night, would have to be one of the better opening night crowds in Sydney in the past 15 years.

Looking forward to seeing Childress on TV 17-odd times this season, looks like the real deal.

Reply #497618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brad Rosen said 600 tickets were given out to charities. Plus the regular freebies, so 7k is inflated sadly.

Reply #497659 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

That's great if they gave 600 tickets to charity.

Reply #497661 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not great for their viability however.

crapped off look at the broadcast schedule you can see Fridays are reserved for the Wildcats and Sundays for United, Dodo guys and Nick Marvin get what they want before anyone else

Reply #497664 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

The reality is with venue costs, teams make very little from game time tickets.

However larger crowd figures means more exposure for sponsors, which is where the real $ comes from. So I have no problem with giving away 600 tickets as long as they show up.. Doesn't always happen.

Reply #497731 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Loved watching Wilbekin torch United today. Plenty of FTA entertainment. The only annoying thing is watching Wortho complain about every. single. call.

Reply #497735 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Was 7000 the attendance figure Paul, or was that the allocated tickets?

Reply #497758 | Report this post

there is only one way to grow the game, FREE TO AIR coverage of games.!!

Reply #497801 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:04 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754