Jack Toft
Years ago

Crocs vs Sixers, Oct 12

Well, Sixers fans will be hoping Friday's game was a bit of a cobweb shaker. With key players not 100% and with a few things not going their way, this is the Sixers chance at redemption. Crocs were well held by the Hawks on Friday with a last quarter burst seeing the Hawks getting the W. Blanchfield on fire that game, so a Creek-Blanchfield tussle will be the highlight this game.

The Crocs putting up plenty of shots, but with a 4th Qtr fade out and high foul count, is that a sign they aren't the fittest team in the league?

This should be a great game with neither team wanting to be 0-2 come tea time tonight.

I am a glass half full kinda guy, so I think the Sixers might just steal this one.
If Jakey Holmes gets a double-double, then I'll become a glass half empty knda guy.

Topic #35642 | Report this topic

Annon  
Years ago

On TV ??????

Reply #497620 | Report this post

Ano  
Years ago

based on Friday nights game, cant see us winning.
tend to think Townsville away is a 3-5 point loss.
just cant see it happening

Reply #497621 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I think this one will be close again. Crocs to get over the line by 2 is my take.

Reply #497626 | Report this post

Darryl  
Years ago

Crocs by 6

Reply #497629 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crocs - think the sixers could struggle with crocs zone

Reply #497630 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pressure on both teams after their Friday loss

Reply #497631 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers should just forfeit and save themselves the airfares.

Reply #497634 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will be heavily out rebounded.... Montreal will aready be fighting for his career, its that cut throat this season. Crocs too good at home, were very good for 3qrts at the Gong, the 6ers werent very good for 4qtrs,

Reply #497645 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crocs in a close one.

Reply #497646 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

What is the status on Peach and Big Bird?

the Sixers have a slight edge on the backcourt matchups.....but the worry is the front court.

Conklin and Gladness could be a handful if Peach and Big Bird don't step up.

This is a chance for DQ to show what he can do, on offence is would be faster than Conklin, but I don't think he can post up as Gladness will be there on the help.

Shows how much DJ's value was, Gladness would have had to come out and respect DJ. But Peach is no slouch outside.

I trust Joey to get the boys over the line.

Sixers by 3.

Reply #497653 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Crocs by 10+.

Crocs should fire from deep on their home rims after a subpar shooting night for everyone not from Mackay against the Hawks.

Holmes always gets up for those Sixers clashes too.

We need more from Mitch Norton though. He should be looking to have a breakout year and has been unspectacular early.

Reply #497656 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I also think the Crocs will take this one. Townsville by 8.

Reply #497660 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crocs lose 20+ years of home court advantage, TEC was a fortress.

Not sure if RSL will be the same.

Reply #497665 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Hopefully DQ can last for more than 14 minutes before cramping up.

Townsville by double digits unfortunately.

Reply #497671 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Apparently the rims at TEC were some of the friendliest/best in the country, so it was always great to see shooters get hot there from either team.

I wonder if RSL stadium is a shooters' gym?

Reply #497672 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

They aren't. Conklin especially will be affected

Reply #497673 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Townsville struggled to maintain the diminutive Hawks guard combo of Jahii Carson and Gary Ervin on Friday and they could be in for a long season if they cannot patch-up their defense.

Mitch Creek played well in Adelaide's loss and perhaps they need more from their import duo to get over the line in this one.

NBL 2014/15 Round 1 Preview: Crocs and 36ers Battle for First Round Scraps

Reply #497683 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marcus it isnt Peach and Schenscher (who is used sparingly for some reason) who need to step up, its Montreal that needs to show he deserves to be playing NBL let alone our key import. Wilson maybe be better, but his position is easier to cover.

Crocs by 15

Reply #497696 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is anyone listening to this guy on the nbl tv, its freaking hilarious. He is commentating the warmups, ohhh this is going to be awkwardly good

Reply #497736 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Schenscher into the starting line-up for Montreal... after just 1 game.
Not a good sign.

Reply #497737 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Probably due to size more than anything.

Reply #497739 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Schenscher hugely under utilised, look whats happening, he is ut there and the team is rebounding!

Reply #497740 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Montreal not up to it, deer in headlights. Not going to last hopefully they dont take too long to cut him loose!

Reply #497741 | Report this post

Ballin Fan  
Years ago

way too early to make such calls on Montreal at this stage, but cramping did not help his cause Friday night.

That last game to me Schenscher and Petrie did not look fit, and that does not help the rebounding.

Over half way now through the second quarter, and we are already outrebounded by 4.

Reply #497744 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Schenscher was getting anti biotic drip for a toe infection of all things game day, so yes your right wasnt fully fit.

This Montreal situation has to addressed asap, its Tyndale in bigger shoes.

Reply #497745 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crocs lead 43-42 at H/T

Reply #497746 | Report this post

Darryl  
Years ago

I am in shock that Adel are only down by a point

Reply #497748 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Montreal 2p and 3r @ 20% and 0% on 3p

He would want to pull his finger out during the half-time break.

Reply #497750 | Report this post

brett  
Years ago

Montreal looking out of his league so far. Not a good sign. Hopefully there's a plan B. Doesn't help that our game plan seems to be out of Marty Clarke's

Reply #497751 | Report this post

brett  
Years ago

Montreal looking out of his league so far. Not a good sign. Hopefully there's a plan B. Doesn't help that our game plan seems to be out of Marty Clarke's playbook

Reply #497752 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DQ isn't playing well although I assume he is isn't getting paid a lot of money.

He is taking up 10 points although I'm not sure the fans should be expecting James Ennis like production.

Reply #497753 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Montreal has effectively replaced DJ in the lineup.

Reply #497757 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers lead 67-58 at the end of the 3rd.

Reply #497759 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers 12 pts up about 4 min to go

Reply #497761 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Last season for this team. Fun while it lasted.

Reply #497763 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

The stadium looks terrible

Reply #497764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sixers doin their best to keep crocs in it with a min to go

Reply #497765 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

jamar running around in circles lookin for a foul...lol.

Reply #497766 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Conklin bein a fool with less than 10 sec to go.

Reply #497767 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers win 97 to 83

Montreal with a 3 on the buzzer.

Healthy Big Red made a difference.

Reply #497768 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

Gee a 3 on the buzzer - why wasn't Joey tearing out there to stop such unsportsmanlike behaviour.

Last time Perth did this there was a small riot.

Reply #497769 | Report this post

Darryl  
Years ago

A massive upset win by Adelaide today. Well done.

Reply #497770 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maxymoo,

I dare say because of that dirty play by Conklin that started the push & shove.

Reply #497771 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers looked much better in the second half playing with purpose and passion including Montreal who was probably read the riot act at half-time. Didn't agree with his cheeky 3 at the buzzer though.

Reply #497773 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Montreal finished with 16p and 6r on 6/12 fg and 1/5 3p.

Reply #497774 | Report this post

Molten Millie  
Years ago

Thanks for poking the Bear Conkhead and Merko Smerko, you just reunited the 36ers and DQ is finding his feet and Jamar is now officially a Sixer showing some passion for his boys. Don't mess with Teys, most loved man on the team, they'll suffer the consequences to protect him. Roll on next week. Now I'm excited.

Reply #497775 | Report this post

Ballin Fan  
Years ago

Would be good to get more out of Schenscher than 16 mins and 4 boards, but starting him gave him rest time more spread out ...

however Petrie and DQ,
each in 24 mins got 6 boards each and scored 11 & 16 an improvement from this pair from game 1.

the team broke even on the boards with 37 each, had 4 less turnovers, had 5 more blocks, and outscored the Crocs by 15 points from the foul line in their house.

all good.

Reply #497778 | Report this post

Venom  
Years ago

Disappointing crowd for the Crocs - can't see them being around for much longer if they can't fill a 2.5k stadium with at least 2K when they averaged over 3000 at TEC.

Gladness and Steiners had a stinker - Crocs fans can now see why snakes fans weren't bothered when Steiners left as he is so inconsistent and lazy in D.

Not impressed wither the 36ers either - very undersized and lucky the Crocs big names stank up the empty stadium.

Reply #497779 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Very good performance by Adelaide. Schenscher didn't get a lot of boards but I thought he did a good job keeping Gladness off them, as did Anthony, who actually looked like that BJ Anthony guy who plays for the Tall Blacks.

I think if there's one thing to come out of this weekend, it's that Cairns are rolling and in mid-season form already.

Reply #497783 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

I knew the Sixers would get over the top.

Well done to dust themselves off after the disappointing loss.

Having said that I predicted losing this one and winning at home.

Reply #497784 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I hope people now realise that pre-season tournaments mean nothing.

Townsville now play

@ Sydney
vs Melbourne
Vs Perth
Vs NZ
@ Perth

They could be 0-7 after that.

Well done to Montreal on finding some confidence. I think he will be a solid import. He has the skills. I think he is a bigger Frye that can actually shoot from outside AND hit foul shots with years of experience.

Reply #497796 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I'll say 2-5.

Reply #497797 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

King James, they do look pretty shaky and really need a spark.

@ Sydney - hard not to see the Kings get that one
Vs Melbourne - Melbourne were shocking, but a 50:50 game perhaps
Vs Perth - Perth won't be horrible
Vs NZ - Ouch!
@ Perth - Ouch!

Certainly won't be 2-5, 0-7 or 1-6 is my tip unless something major happens.

Reply #497798 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Frye had more experience than Montreal.

Reply #497799 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Well Jack, after we both tipped 2-of-6 this round I don't think either of our predictions over a month down the track can be taken seriously!

Reply #497800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who takes your tipping seriously?

Reply #497804 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

No Paul, a bad opener for us both!

Reply #497806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good to see the Montreal Haters making decisions after one game.
36ers were better today, much better second half.
Look good with fast ball movement.

Montreal had 6 rebounds, and was big in the 3rd QTR to build a nice lead.
Wilson needs to make sure he executes and doesn't get caught over dribbling the ball.

Big Schence important cog. Think Joey should start

1. Gibbo
2. Wilson
3. Montreal
4. Pietrie
5. Shence

Creek off the bench to add energy. Montreal much better shooter than Mitch and can combo 3-4-5.

Think we are a .500 team so far.

Reply #497826 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Really poor effort, energy and shocking execution from Townsville.

Gladness looks like a subpar defender -- poor positioning and always gambling for blocks.

Markovic looks like he hasn't played basketball in 6 months.

Lots of poor passers on this team making the offense very stagnant...something I didn't think about pre-season but it's a glaring weakness right now.

Dennis isn't a great defensive coach either. In fact at this point he is overrated as a coach full stop, and on top of the Xs and Os stuff that has me pulling my hair out , he appears to really struggle getting his players motivated.

The whole team looks out of shape as well.

Adelaide really solid defensively and that will probably be their calling card this year if they want to be competitive without superstar calibre players.

Overall a really awful game to watch: refs made lots of poor calls on both ends and it was a very stop-start affair without momentum, along with sloppy play from both teams. The poor quality of officiating really makes this league hard to watch more often than not for me, especially when you watch an NBL game shortly after an NBA game.

Reply #497827 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

last season, we lost the first game,then won the next eight games.
of the first game...frye didn't play, obviously.

Reply #497828 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Big Red made a big impact in this one. He may not have big numbers, but that first half was one of the best I've seen from him. He completely took Gladness out of the game. If we see a fair bit more of that then the Sixers season may not be a bad one after all.

Creek was big in the first half and Gibson had more the kind of game we need from him.

Wilson was solid with his ball-handling and kept possession for us well to close out the game. He needs to work on getting more people involved in the offence though. I'd like to see Gibson getting a lot more of those curls off a screen for a mid-range shot like he did last season. Likewise for Teys, who wasn't given enough good looks either.

Great to see DQ fight through a rough start to the game and make a solid contribution on the glass and with some tough baskets in the 2nd half. There was one good look they got him late in the game where he cut to the free throw line for an easy jumper. From what I have seen, that is his shot.

Overall, good team effort after their disappointing loss to the Taipans. The Sixers need to work on creating better shots in their half court offence, but I thought the defensive pressure tonight was very effective. Very happy to get out of the first weekend 1 and 1!

Reply #497830 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

schenscher in foul troubles, then fouled out

Reply #497833 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Schenscher ate Gladness' lunch.

Reply #497836 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Amon:

"I think we are a .500 team so far"

Big call after thay have won one and lost one.

Reply #497863 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Big win by the 36ers when most had written them off (including me!).

NBL 2014/15 Round 1: 36ers finish weekend with a win

Reply #497866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahaha come on mate.... Montreal can not guard a 3 man on the perimeter or a big . So there is no way he can start at the 3 spot.. Club needs to make a decision quick smart on him. Good SEABL player not at NBL level.

Reply #497884 | Report this post

Smelly Cat  
Years ago

Montreals ball handing and court movement reminds me of Exum with those long messy limbs and lack of control. Great turn around jumper though and looking confident at the end. Would like to see them give Johns a try. He has some weight behind him and also give Daly a go and see if he can penetrate. I believe he can after watching SEABL GF 4th quarter against Nuna and Mitch. THe small guys can get around and under these bigs quickly before they have a chance to turn. Wishing we had Ervin right now with his higher IQ. Wilson seems to have some delays on passing decisions.

Reply #497889 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Whats the love affair with Daly...I dont get it?

Reply #497904 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sixers winning it goes to show how bad crocs are

Reply #498022 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:49 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754