shin splints
Years ago

NBL.com.au - how do I see scores?

Might be a simple oversight, but I just want to be able to find a page that summarises all scores for each round. To me, NBL.com.au makes it too difficult to quickly find scores without clicking on each individual game report.

Or is there a better site to bookmark?

Topic #35652 | Report this topic

Flinders80  
Years ago

Yes, you would have thought having scores on the front page would be a must but infact you have to click on each game to see the game reviews, scores, boxscores etc.

Sometimes you just want to see the score and then leave. Othertimes you are happy to go into more detail (ie previews/reviews, boxscores etc.

Reply #497932 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yeah, pretty poor and it's been frustrating for years. At one point you could see the scores in the game header panel, but that's gone and it was pretty tiny anyway. This isn't rocket science - other sports, other basketball sites (NBA, ESPN, etc) serve as a pretty easy blueprint for getting sports score info to fans.

Should even have progress scores, parsing live stats if necessary. Have it scheduled to do that every minute during game periods and every 30 minutes otherwise (to catch a change or error fix) and save the load on the live site.

That header panel with game info is a bit of a wreck. It's historically been especially horrible on mobile.

Reply #497944 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

I also have a bit of an issue with them showing teams that have played 2 games but are 50% above teams that have played 1 game that are 100% on the ladder. But that will sort itself out once there's a few more rounds out of the way.

Reply #497946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Their NBL app for smart phones doesn't even update and show the scores. I'm checking now and it shows the games from Round 1 but no results. Checking the ladder it shows last season's ladder.

Reply #497962 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

Yes, you would have thought having scores on the front page would be a must but infact you have to click on each game to see the game reviews, scores, boxscores etc.

So its not just me then. I cannot believe the NBL could be so awkward in its online presence - unless it is intentionally forcing each user to open several web pages and then showing these 'skewed' web site traffic results to potential sponsors.

I have tried some other websites/apps such as livescores.com but as they cater for all sports they can be fairly clunky to use.

Reply #498011 | Report this post

mangiaMangia  
Last month

I've been using NBL.com.au for a while, but I agree that finding scores can be a bit of a hassle. Lately, I've been using https://sportscore.io, and it's been a game-changer. It consolidates all scores neatly for each round and provides quick access to game summaries, making it much easier to stay updated.

Reply #939244 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last month

I feel like that website was designed to meet KPIs rather than for useability. It sort of does all it needs to, but ...

It could be so much better.

Reply #939250 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:57 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754