scott
Years ago

Anstey resigns as United coach after one game

wowzers,

chris anstey gone after one game

It is not clear whether Anstey has left the position or been fired with the club meeting with its players this afternoon and issuing a statement later today.

But the scope of the loss and frustrations with Anstey by senior people in the club led to the team making a surprise change on Monday.

No one from United or Anstey would comment on the rumours but three sources have told Fairfax Media that Anstey has been replaced with assitant coach Darryl McDonald taking on the role on an interim basis.

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/basketball/chris-anstey-removed-as-melbourne-united-coach-after-one-game-20141013-115cto.html

must be a lot more to this story,anstey wasnt everyone's favourite but to go after one game is drastic as bad as yesterdays game was

Topic #35656 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goorj coming back?

Reply #497955 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

New brand etc and hence need on court results to back it up. Did not see enough and hence acted quickly to not lose any traction perhaps?

Next coach better be able to come in and quickly instil their game plan etc or it will be all for nothing,

Reply #497957 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Lolwat

And I thought supporters were over-inclined to freak out after one game.

Reply #497958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bring back Goorj !!

Reply #497959 | Report this post

Jodiechrist  
Years ago

Yeah, bring back Goorj and watch United go broke in record pace!

Reply #497960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Long time Tiger member here, now United member

1. D-Mac will be better than Anstey, if his stint in 2011 is anything to go by.

2. Where's Bevo? Other than Goorjian and McLeod, I can't think of anyone better and last I heard he was out of a job.

Reply #497961 | Report this post

Venom  
Years ago

Bevo is skills coaching in China last time he was in the news.

Massive over reaction if he got sacked for 1 game - unless there is more to it than we are lead to believe. Swapping out a coach is never a good move at anytime.

Reply #497963 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Anstey has been average at Coaching from the beginning so it should come as no surprise that the clubs owners pulled the pin after that horrible performance from a fairly stacked team against Cairns. At least now they can try and get their season on track before it's well and truly to late.

Reply #497964 | Report this post

Roger Kakulas  
Years ago

Rob was at the Wildcats game on Friday night

Reply #497965 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Hopefully D-Mac is better, but he is still unproven. What concerns me with D-Mac is that he has been right by Anstey's side from the start - so what really would change by putting him in charge?

Reply #497966 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

I agree LC, D-Mac was involved with every bad call from the start it would seem being he has been Anstey's assistant Coach from day dot.
Unless D-Mac was the catalyst of his release by pointing out to the board how poorly he has actually performed and has been able to distance himself from the poor decision making?
Is D-Mac a temp replacement or has he got the gig permanently?

Reply #497968 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Temp for now but who knows with the management of Melb UTD? I still think of that name as a soccer team...

Reply #497970 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

D-Mac was interim coach of the Tigers when Westover got knifed too.

Reply #497972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lots of rumblings about this for a while now
Reports out of Brisbane were not complimentary about Anstey and that the group had fractured already under him

Reply #497975 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wonder what Wortho thinks of this as he and Anstey are close friends.

Reply #497978 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

I applaud United's management, they certainly have a pair firstly with the name change and then pulling the pin while their is still time to right the ship for this season.

Reply #497979 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Im not surprised but at the same time i am surprised.

Surely some players must have raised some concerns about Anstey for United to take him out after one game.

Reply #497981 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Day is just as bad if not worse. O-3 by this time next weekend.

Reply #497982 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This organisation went downhill after Westover's sacking. They knew what they were getting with Anstey so if they didn't want him why have him as coach - if this was the decision they wanted to make, it should have happened months ago. Has this ever happened in the history of any sport after 1 game into the season?

Reply #497984 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can everyone stop being drama queens about Anstey being given the sack after one game because as a sum total he coached Tigers/United in over 60 games and from day one many like myself could tell he wasn't up to it.

I feel the owners didn't care during the Tigers final years as they were always planning to rename. Think about it that's why they redid the logo to that pathetic tiger drawing as a final f**k you before changing over, no one would seriously approve that if they cared.

Anstey 60+ games too many, good move by the powers that be. Move along.

Reply #497987 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

And a new name now...Melbourne Separated!

Reply #497991 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

The thing I was laughing about the most while Melbourne struggled with Cairns zone was the fact that Corletto played 17mins and only took 4 of the 34 3point shots that United put up yet made 2 of the 8 that they made. He's a veteran player with a reputation as a dead eye from range and has the titles to back it up, why continually let Barlow (1/5), Tomlinson (0/5) & McRae (2/8) toss up 15bricks between them?

When the Tall Blacks play the Boomers, you guys generally have a pretty good idea of who's putting the shot up, last time it was all Corey Webster and he was well defended as a result. That just made Vucinic have to run plays to get him the ball in the places he needed the ball and he got shots off and NZ scored points.
Vucinic's socks>Chris Anstey

Being as he has retired from the Tall Blacks NBL franchises could do much much worse than Nenad or Tab Baldwin as Head Coaches. Both have very very high basketball IQ's and the respect they get from guys who have played for them is incredible.

Reply #497992 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Both coaches would be good additions to the NBL too I reckon mystro.

Reply #498001 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its not really just one game. He hasnt really done very well since he took over the reigns. Need to protect your roster investment. For sake of the league I really hope United can get a proven winner. Actually one of the best for them wouldve been Joey Wright, he is at his best when he is managing star players and egos.

Not sure who they have in mind, but wont be a no hoper type thats for sure.

Reply #498002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne Divided has a ring to it.

Reply #498004 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Anstey biggest problem was is Wortho , the guy thinks he is the greatest player ever and looking at his minutes he must have demanded it, he has caused this dramatic event because of his friend ship with Chris. Chris is a nice guy but had no bastard in him did not lay down the law, or stand up for himself, sad again but thats sport one day a hero next day a has been, one thing for sure who ever gets the gig next must lay down the law to the captain, simple as that, bye Chris

Reply #498007 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Worthington put the most effort in for United against the Taipans imo.

He played 30mins, had 15points & 11 boards and managed all that in-between the continuous moaning to the refs. Busy man.

Reply #498010 | Report this post

td  
Years ago

Just got the word from Wortho himself. Lindsay Gaze is back! Massive move by United!

Reply #498016 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Lindsay Gaze ? Can't figure out if that's legit or if your just trolling lol ;)

Reply #498018 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

I think the fact he was back in the rooms, 3 seconds after the game ended, while the rest of the players huddled up at centre court, then paid their respects to the crowd showed he needed to go.
After a game like that, the coach needs to rally everyone together, get the focus back. Not just Bugger off.
He needed to go. Consistently has proven that he isn't a good enough coach.

Reply #498019 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

L. Gaze. wait what dafuq

Reply #498020 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

isn't L.Gaze older than the game?

Reply #498021 | Report this post

td  
Years ago

Wait it might not be true..

Reply #498023 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

I assumed Anstey walked straight to the rooms because he couldn't be seen to get all emotional, which suggests he must have known he was gone at the end of the game.

No offence to the guy personally, but I reckon he was out of his depth and just needed more experience before taking the job on.

Reply #498024 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

And they had Trev Gleeson!!

Losers....

Reply #498025 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Something big must have gone down behind the scenes.

Anstey's always been an opinionated, strong willed character. He may well have rubbed one or two important people the wrong way.

It reeks of an emotional over reaction. There were problems with Anstey’s coaching but overall he’s been OK- Tigers finished 3rd last season and most observers had them outside the 4. Also several individuals have improved greatly under his watch. Whether that’s due to his tutelage or just other reasons, who would know.

Get on the next flight to Perth and throw whatever you can at Bevo. If not D-Mac should do well, if his 2011 stint is anything to go by.

Reply #498026 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In a statement realised on Monday afternoon, the club said Anstey had sensed his message wasn't reaching the players and he had resigned.

The club said Anstey would move into another role at the club, yet to be defined.

"It's not about me being a coach," Anstey said in the club's statement. "It's about the club and doing what is best for the club. The message wasn't getting through, and there needs to be a shake-up.

"The group needs a new voice and there's a bigger picture that needs to be looked at.

"The first thing is always to make sure the club has the best possible chance of success. There have been little signs over the past few weeks that it's not quite right and we haven't clicked.

"This team has been built to compete for championships straight away and the fans, sponsors and members need to see that happening.

"There can be no honeymoon period where we have teething problems. We need to make sure this works."

Anstey said he would be at the game on Sunday and had no hard feelings.

Melbourne United chief executive Vince Crivelli said Anstey had made a selfless decision.

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/basketball/chris-anstey-resigns-as-melbourne-united-coach-after-one-game-20141013-115cto.html

Ha!

Reply #498030 | Report this post

bender  
Years ago

Wasn't Lindsay Gaze coaching when Jesus was playing power forward for Jerusalem?

Reply #498031 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Right move for the franchise.

Bad news for the other clubs because now United are going to be good, with Anstey they would have struggled to make the 4.

Reply #498037 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Saw it coming at the blitz - he didn't have control of the players and there was already in fighting amongst players and players questioning the coach etc - too many egos on the united roster they need a strong coach to pull them into line

Reply #498040 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Legend has it that Lindsay Gaze and James Naismith are one and the same person.

Regardless of who is coaching, I don't believe handling the dynamics and personalities within that team is going to be easy. There's a lot of egos there.

On another note, why does Tomlinson shoot so much. It appears that he thinks he is a better shooter than what he really is.

Reply #498041 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Mitchell will assist McDonald in the interim.

Boti says Joyce and Goorjian are on the shortlist.

Reply #498042 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goorj is still under contract. I doubt even the United can afford him.

Reply #498044 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Out of interest, the ladder the past two seasons when Anstey was coach:

Perth 43-15
New Zealand 35-21
Melbourne 27-29
Adelaide 26-30
Wollongong 26-30
Sydney 24-32
Cairns 23-23
Townsville 20-36

Reply #498046 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bevo would have to be on the short list

At least he has experience with big time program and players

Reply #498051 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Tab Baldwin as Mystro mentioned would be a great option.

Reply #498052 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You could even tell how sooky Kickert looked during the game yesterday something was up.

I thought to myself pretty ordinary effort & performance from a supposed marquee player.

Reply #498055 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Marquee in name only. Good Aussie player, but no better than the many in that category in the NBL, which he would have been for his career without a European passport.

Reply #498058 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

So Paul, are you saying his coaching record was 27:29? What was his coaching record?

Reply #498063 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think his record was 28-32 once you factor in playoffs and Sunday's game.

Reply #498064 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marquee in name only. Good Aussie player, but no better than the many in that category in the NBL, which he would have been for his career without a European passport.

'Many' NBL bigs wouldn't average 10 & 4 shooting 51% from the field and 44% on 3pts in 20mpg in Spain's top-tier ACB league!

He comes with big wraps and due to that is being paid accordingly (superstar money). He needs to start playing like it and showing a much better attitude on court.

Reply #498067 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

To be honest i didnt really notice Kickett out there as i had the volume down.Joyce wont leave Opals gig, Goorijan to pricey so that leaves Bevo or Al.Not a big field of candidates.

Reply #498069 | Report this post

Darryl  
Years ago

Hope Bevo gets the nod

Reply #498071 | Report this post

Big V  
Years ago

For the record Anstey had a school boys game in Eltham almost straight after the United game. I don't think this helped with media and any decisions that were made after the game.

Reply #498074 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Isaac- are you saying Simon Mitchell will assit DMac?

Reply #498076 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Westover or Stacker?

Reply #498077 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon, that's what I wrote, yes. Unless there is another Mitchell and you're clarifying.

Reply #498079 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

SEABL has good coaches why not Perry, Hill, Biwer etc

Reply #498080 | Report this post

Sirjump  
Years ago

James Naismith invented basketball and then asked L Gaze to teach him how to play it.

Reply #498081 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"'Many' NBL bigs wouldn't average 10 & 4 shooting 51% from the field and 44% on 3pts in 20mpg in Spain's top-tier ACB league!"

If you looked at this more closely you would see in that half season he put up decent numbers against NBL level teams in Spain but struggled against better teams.

He is a good player, but no better than Knight, Pledger, Nevill, Loughton, Tragardh, Worthington, Petrie, Vukona and Redhage.

Reply #498083 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

You can look at the record and stats as much as you like Paul but you can also watch how dysfunctional teams are under Anstey. Thought it right from the get go. Poor coach with an even poorer attitude that rubs off on many of his players.Quite happy to see him go.

Like the idea of Vucinic mystro. Would be great to see a new face but one with proven ability in the NBL. I thought he has a Euro gig outside his Tall Blacks job.

Reply #498084 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I wasn't making a case for or against, just presenting numbers. Another number is the Tigers were the only team to sweep Gordie McLeod and Wollongong last season.

My personal view is his teams played some excellent halfcourt D, at times executed very well in the halfcourt offensively, but Anstey really struggled to make adjustments in-game.

He wasn't a poor coach, but he didn't stand out as a great one either. His style of play was a bit different to what we're used to in the NBL, but that doesn't make it wrong.

Reply #498088 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Settle down Isaac - merely clarifying in case there is another Mitchell I'm not aware of. Why so aggressive and defensive?

Reply #498089 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

Damn!! I was looking forward to seeing how much anstey would sabotage United's chances this season with his ineptitude. Now they have become more of a threat even with the floor wiper in charge. If they snag bevo it would be massive especially with the offensive weapons in that team. But can he implement a defensive work ethic into this team like he did with perth

Reply #498091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anstey to coach Western Bulldogs in 2015?

Reply #498096 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^^^
hahaha

What the hell did Bogut's cryptic twist mean anyway?

Reply #498098 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good points about DP and Biwer. Not Hill what so ever.

Reply #498101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about Matt Shanahan??? He is a quality coach.

Reply #498108 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anstey's main issue was his half court offenses were stagnant and lacking . When his team was shut down there was no plan B. Plan A- get the ball to Goulding. Plan B missing.

His teams were strong defensively. And he instilled confidence in Tomlinson, Goulding and Walker especially. Wortho didn't need it.

Anyway, it's..... #Rangatime!

Reply #498109 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lacking cohesion*

Reply #498111 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

The offences were stagnant compared to what we are used to, but if you watch a lot of offences around the world they are pretty stagnant but work well because they have purpose.

As you said, the problem was the lack of adjustments when Plan A wasn't working. Last year's team seemed to come into games well prepared, and did well to finish third, but to win a championship you need a coach who can think on the run.

Reply #498117 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by having "purpose".

Seems to me that offenses rely on good movement. Stagnant- ie: Still and no helpful movement, is a bad thing. The gold standard is the Spurs, who constantly move and pass seamlessly. Almost robotic.

All offenses ultimately end with executing good passes and good shots, but it’s the team movement that creates the shots. And even offenses that rely on one on one play, they still have good movement in the sense that the other guys know where they are supposed to be on the court and their position on the court facilitates or allows the one on one play by the guy with the ball. Is that what you mean by “purpose”?

(This is LV, and the last post)

Reply #498119 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon, I don't think it was aggressive.

Unless there is another Mitchell and you're clarifying.

Reply #498121 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Yes, I picked you LV! By purpose I mean only moving the ball to certain spots where you want it to be, then making the defence react to a situation where there is a mismatch or a need for rotations.

That's very common in Europe, where a lot of offences are based around the high pick-and-roll and then how the defence reacts to cover it.

The positive of that style is it's harder for the defence to make a player do something they're not capable of, for example deny the passing lanes when Owen Odigie has it and make him beat you.

The downside is when the on-ball - or whatever your main defence shifter is - isn't working then you become bogged down and have to rely on one-on-one play against a set defence.

I like teams that have both aspects, ala Wollongong under Gordie.

Reply #498124 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting observations.

How do you think #Rangatime would go in Melbourne, Paul?

I seem to remember Bevo likes to pressure and run, and doesn't mind spreading the floor to open up the 3 ball opportunities. Both of those will suit United's roster.

Reply #498131 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

gotta laugh at DMac's interview on SEN - how can you turn it around - "uhhh I think I have to get them to play harder"

coach of the year material right there...

Reply #498132 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

They shot so many long, contested twos and threes under Anstey though. It's something that isn't going to win you too many ball games. Yeah, the record wasn't terrible, but think about it in terms of the roster spend. That's something that falls back on the coach.

In terms of the intangibles: Anstey didn't seem like a great leader. He was always blaming officials and never being accountable for losses, and then that rubbed off on his players.

And is everyone forgetting the absolutely appalling way he wormed into that job?

The problem with his pick and roll scheme was that there were no wrinkles: most just got broken down into a dead play with the ballhandler trying to make something out of nothing, and the bigs very rarely actually rolled off the pick (no surprise when Anstey is your coach: the big fella has never rolled to the rim in his life). It was just pick and pop, pick and pop; or pick and lazy roll where the big didn't get the ball.

No misdirection, no wrinkles, just predictable, lazy basketball without a grander vision (bad floor spacing due to lack of reliable shooters didn't help there either).

If you're going to play like that, you'd want to make sure your defense was elite, and Melbourne's wasn't.

Reply #498133 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

gotta laugh at DMac's interview on SEN - how can you turn it around - "uhhh I think I have to get them to play harder"

coach of the year material right there...

Don't think he's known for his intellect some how

Reply #498134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

correct ^^^ so why would they put him in to coach? Stupid is doing the same thing and expecting different results!

Reply #498139 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Well, they do need to play harder, that's the obvious starting point.

Anstey's wasn't pick-and-roll system, last season his was more about making defences decide how they cover Goulding and then making reads based on that. I liked that part of it, but the lack of adjustments hurt them at times.

I don't think he had a great roster until this season, the last two years were middle-of-the-road and produced those results. Part of that was inheriting a basket case, another part was Anstey's poor import selection (Braswell, Farrakhan) which hurt him.

Reply #498141 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Always sad when things don't go well and a coach steps aside like this, especially early in the season, but it does give the franchise a chance to regroup and plenty of time to get it right before the season gets away from them.

I did notice some seriously underwelming body language from the players as they left the court at half time last Sunday, I must say!

While this decision is surprisingly sudden, it is not really surprising...

Good luck to Chris Anstee in the future and good luck to United in getting their chemistry together.

Reply #498143 | Report this post

Jodiechrist  
Years ago

Can't wait for the weekend.

Reply #498144 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

If they can land Beveridge they could become a legit title contender with the athletes on this team. Would be interesting to see how McRae responds to a tougher coach who depends he be a team player.

Reply #498146 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

They're a legit contender as it is, Paul

Reply #498147 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

U reckon a lot of people are forgetting how much Dennis brings to the table.

Reply #498148 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

I reckon*

Reply #498149 | Report this post

Molten Millie  
Years ago

I think a lot of the body language was not only Anstey but that they had just been smacked up by Cairns and had no idea it was coming. The reffing and Cairns style are not what they have prepared for as many other teams will find out and Adelaide already has. It does not fit with last years mantra from the NBL to run fast transition ball which the team has been put together to give.

Not a Tigger and definitely not a United fan but actually felt sorry for them. They really had no idea about what they were doing wrong or right and what the ref expected.

Reply #498150 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I'm not sure if they're a legitimate contender without a good coach.

Reply #498152 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@Molten Millie, United and the 6'ers needed to take on what the Taipans offered to them on defense and at least give them more to worry about.

That zone should have been penetrated more often and the officials would have been able to give United more calls inside the key this way. There was a lack of movement and direction in this area of their game I thought.

Standing around and throwing up bricks wasn't going to cut it and wasn't going to trouble the ref's into giving them much, on the other hand the Taipans took advantage of the way the ref's officiated the game and credit to them for doing so.

Game was won by the coaches and game play, not the ref's I think!

Reply #498159 | Report this post

sammy  
Years ago

there is no point sugar coating it Paul,
Anstey is a terrible with NO offense.

It made games hard to watch.. the final game Against Adelaide last year was horrible. Players just jacking terrible shots up, and that was the same on Sunday vs Cairns.

I Look forward to the new coach coming in

Reply #498161 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Regardless of the coach, they'd have some sort of structure in place by December and I reckon they have the talent to go from there. As you say, in-game adjustments are almost non-existant with Anstey which would be a problem against the better teams

Reply #498167 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Don't agree Sammy. Wollongong have had games like that but no one accuses Gordie McLeod of not having any offence.

Reply #498168 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

Blaming the refs for Sunday's capitulation is laughable.

Reply #498180 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No to Bevo, people like naming him but forget the awful style he employed, which won't cut it now anyway with refs directed to call fouls.

Reply #498199 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

His team won a championship the last time the league had an officiating crackdown in 2010, so I think he'll be alright.

Reply #498204 | Report this post

Darryl  
Years ago

Yes to Bevo.

Reply #498205 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2010 was the all time lowest quality of NBL in the professional era with the Wildcats not having any real opposition.

Reply #498367 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2 games separated 1st and 5th in 2010. It's the closest season in the past five years.

Reply #498381 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

closest yet poorest in terms of quality, it was the start of a lean era after what Groves McPeake O'Briens and Kings under Goorj were spending

Reply #498455 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yet Perth continue to some how get under the points and salary cap with effectively 5 'yanks'

Reply #498462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So Heal and now Anstey gone making way for real coaches. A step in the right direction.

Reply #498711 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DMac a real coach since when?

Reply #498725 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So that went well. Now have the worst coaching panel ever to sit on sidelines.

Reply #498726 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anstey shafted Gleeson and in the end no matter how much the owners like him his inability to actually coach was his down fall. Pretty amazing that they still pay him at all.

Reply #498729 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:12 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754