Anonymous
Years ago

Knox Raiders back in SEABL already?

They may be back in seabl already!!!

Topic #35669 | Report this topic

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Have heard the same thing along the grape vine.

Club are trying their best to get a team in place and many volunteers are working hard to get the whole place back on track.

I think the realised that not have a SEABL team hurts are U18/U20's teams as the pathway is very important.

Lets hope for some positive news from Knox and they can put some teams on the floor.

Reply #498228 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just don`t waste the amount of Money they were on players and they should be fine.

Sure they won`t be winning a championship but there would be plentry of decent ballers out there jumping at a chance to play at Seabl level.

Reply #498236 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I seriously doubt it. They have to pay out ex CEO in excess of $400k.

Reply #498242 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i hear sponsor coming on board

Reply #498248 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They have a solid base of guards
If they keep young guards from last season and recruit bigs and 2 good imports they will be a tough side

Reply #498249 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

which guards? ones out for a season with a knee, who else?

Reply #498254 | Report this post

Baller6  
Years ago

Well I know they have a ton of Vjbl teams this season, hope they dont drain cash from that to fund SEABL till they get the back office sorted ;)

Reply #498256 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why even talk about imports or recruits? If they spend $1 on the side then the junior prigram will lose there Sh!t.

they need to sort things out before they go back to spending a heap of money on the senior program.

Reply #498258 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You'd like to think if an injection of cash via sponsorship came their way that it would be used responsibly in a way that benefits the Association and ALL members not just two teams. Attendance at tryouts and those planning to stay on and play youth league shows that a potential one year out of SEABL has had minimum impact. Get the debt level under control before splashing money on SEABL.Knox have thousands of members to consider not just 20-30.

Reply #498259 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

So this is the 3rd big sponsorship Knox has chased? The one that got them in the mess to begin with, the mystery white knight that never eventuated and now another big money sponsor just to put two SEABL teams on the court? Perhaps the sponsor can use the money to make sure the 1000's of junior basketballers can keep taking the court each weekend without costs going through the roof. A much better community service than a couple of senior teams, filled with mainly non-Knox kids to play in front of a 3/4 empty stadium like they have the past 5 years. The joke that is KBI continues.

Reply #498272 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Is this just another rumour to satisfy all the Knox haters?

I would have thought Knox would have to comply with the County Court order to pay WC in the first instance?

If there is money left over then fine spend it on SEABL, but I don't think a sponsor can specify a diversion away from a court ordered creditor?

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Reply #498289 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Here
We
Go
(Yet)
Again

Knox need their own forum in this place these days - so the rest of us don't have to see the crap the same 4 people push out on about a 3 week rotation.

Reply #498297 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Lol. How did you work out it's only 4 people? Spill your guts and enlighten us all if you have the balls.

Reply #498314 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

im 1

Reply #498326 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

im 2

Reply #498327 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

im 3

Reply #498328 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ok, sorry I'm the same person

Reply #498329 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

You dickhead! Make the big statement and then try to make light of it. No 1,2 and 3 Flog.

Reply #498339 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

I don't think its about taking money for the Juniors...its about a pathway from U8's to SEABL.

Also the club would have to manage any SEABL return with its other obligations including any payouts etc.

I always love how parents sook about money going into senior programs when there kids are in U14's are the someone wanting there kids to play SEABL and changing there point of view if there kid is good enough to play at that level.

its about pathway to make bball in this country stronger at all levels.

Reply #498389 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

So true Tiger Watcher.

If knox can pay off its debt commitments without raising costs then I'm all for the Seabl program continuing. But let's be transparent about it.

Reply #498400 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

They can still have a pathway with bigv from un18s with much less cost. I say they ate better sticking with just bigv for a few urs till the get sorted

Reply #498405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They have Aver and Hare that are solid role players
And a very talented D-league side with players like Tomat and Unwin, Marshal all players who were playing the first half of the season last season
Add in key pieces and they may not be strong right away but they have the ability to grow a really strong base

Reply #498409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

aver?
hare... playing footy
tomat... ok
unwin and marshal .... struggled in seabl
It is a big step up from d-league to seabl

Reply #498411 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure of entry costs for SEABL but you are looking between 6-10K for BIG V. If each player gets a sponsor plus a team sponor sourced by the coub they could cover that quite easily you would think.

Reply #498424 | Report this post

Big V  
Years ago

The WYL will struggle to exist if my sources are correct. But talking of leaving and leaving are two different things! The horse may have already bolted, as they want/need the pathway for the future. I can't see a major sponsor wanting to be associated with the basketcase until all has settled.

Reply #498431 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm sure you could get an ex NBL coach with NBA playing experience to coach for cheap. Just don't sack him after one game.

Reply #498433 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The WYL just won a championship can`t see many leaving and they are a large club and will have plenty of others coming through to replace them.

There only risk will be places like Sherbrooke raping and piledging the Knox teams as per usual to fill there side.

With Nelson taking the little talent that Sherbrooke had they will need all the help they can get.

Reply #498439 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sherbrooke raping and pillaging???

Who did they take? Julia Tan after she had been retired for a year from Knox.
Given that at the recent Under 18 try outs players who didn't make the Knox sides were told to go up to Sherbrooke tryouts by the Knox Coaching staff, then I hardly describe it as raping and pillaging.

Don't drag other clubs into Knox's mismanagement!!

Reply #498488 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Under 18s still have one session of try-outs to go so I'm not sure where you got that information from?!

Look at any Sherbrooke player in the girls program (Big V), even though they've all left now, they were all ex-Knox girls. That place can't and never will have it's own identity.

Reply #498496 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The press releases for Sherbrooke the last few seasons have all been anouncing ex Knox players. Thats where the information comes from #498488 so don`t get your panties in a twist.

With Nelson taking there best players to Camberwell for the 2015 season Sherbrooke will need to be in big time recruitment mode.

BV has a big job ahead of him.

Reply #498498 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

If the young Knox D-League guys are really that good the issue with going to Big V SCM is other SEABL clubs will come calling if they think they can cherry pick a few of the kids.

Lets be honest if your Kilsyth, Nunawading, Sandy, Dandy or even maybe Frankston you'd at least make the phone call to the D-League/other Knox guys if you really think they could step up into SEABL players in the next year or two.

I agree a pathway to Big V is better than no pathway at all but if you think the kids are really that good they won't stay if they had a chance to get to a SEABL level program.

Reply #498500 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:15 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754