Anonymous
Years ago

R1: NBL POTW Scottie Wilbekin

Scottie Wilbekin has won the first Player of the Week award for the 2014/15 Season by a landslide, taking out 53 per cent of the total fan votes with 511.

"Wilbuckets" was up against former NBL MVP Cedric Jackson who announced his Australian return by leading the Breakers to victory in Perth (151 votes) while Sydney's Josh Childress lived up to the hype in the NSW derby against the Wollongong Hawks (134 votes) on Saturday night.

The Cairns Taipans currently sit at the top of the ladder for claiming both wins on the road, the only team to go 2-0 in Round One and kick-starting their #NBL15 campaign.

http://www.nbl.com.au/article/id/1bovaajmvn2uz1axyoakdqdt98

Thoroughly deserved too.

Topic #35684 | Report this topic

Darryl  
Years ago

Cairns fate rests largely with Wilbiken.

Reply #498465 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

There were only around 1000 fan votes? Slightly disturbing for the health of the league I would have thought.

Reply #498469 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree, with shin.

They probably shouldn't have even published the number of votes if it was so small.

Reply #498475 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

How does one vote?

Reply #498489 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

on the nbl website

Reply #498490 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

shin splints - it may say more about people's interest in the NBL web site than in the NBL itself.

Personally, I rarely visit the NBL web site other than to connect to live statistics for games. That was different a few years ago but the web site went rapidly downhill after Marc Howard (I think?) left. I gave up on regularly checking it at the end of that season.

What do others think?

Reply #498495 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yes, I will try to find what I want using other means before resorting to the NBL site.

For the vote numbers, it's basically a rapidly shrinking funnel of people visiting the NBL site or following on social media, the subset of people that care enough to follow and then the subset that follow through in actually voting. The number of click throughs on social can be really, really low.

Reply #498499 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I am amazed a thousand people visited the website!

Reply #498501 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

The NBL has 53,400 fans on Facebook, why not put the poll on there as well?

Reply #498512 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

It's not a pretty site.
No POTW last season.
Livestats worked some of the game nor all of the game friday and that's improvement on last season.
(looks like no allstargame.With only 8 teams wouldn't mind one here for a bitta interest)

Reply #498537 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

^NOT.. all of the game....

Reply #498538 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:00 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754