Anonymous
Years ago

action replays during broadcast

Other nbl.tv issues aside, they seem to provide more, and more timely, replays during the action. The majority of plays get a useful replay, including seeing why refs called off ball fouls. One's coverage leaves me frustrated with only big plays getting a replay, often several plays later. *not an nbl.tv shill*

Topic #35694 | Report this topic

Baller#3  
Years ago

I did notice this while watching on sportsbet the other day. Its possibly the only good thing about NBL.tv but at least its something.

Reply #498739 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Agree, the Chl. One HD games are lacking the immediate replay function, it is not at all professional! It actually smacks of they don't care at all about the NBL to me...

Reply #498743 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I've only seen last week's games, but the FTA TV presentation seems like a step down in most areas this year. They've made some good moves commentary-wise, but the rest of it really does seem like less effort has been made.

Reply #498767 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Agreed, koberulz. I can't put my finger on what it is, either.

Reply #498769 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One/Ten are going through the motions with this being the final season of the deal. Doubt they will be interested for more, hopefully a new exciting broadcaster takes the league on with a professional treatment.

Reply #498807 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

NBL took over the production at the beginning of last season, thus the massive step up from the prior two years. You'd think, given an entire off-season to get things together instead of having to rush everything with around a month to go until the start of the season, it'd be better this time around. Instead, it's worse.

It was a little better last night than in round one, and the moves they've made with the commentary roster are excellent, but it still isn't where it should be. No highlights of other games (which we didn't get last year either, but it really should be in place by now), replays aren't utilised enough, no more 'next three games' or starting fives, still insisting the Wildcats not turn the lights off for their intros, significant decrease in the number of times the Twitter hashtag was plugged on-air, no reading of or interacting with tweets...

Reply #498815 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

koberulz so true. I feel the new brass in charge started off enthusiastically during their first season in charge but now are going through the motions, i.e. lazy as per the previous regimes. It is very dissapointing that the NBL no matter which group is run by duds.

Reply #498879 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:56 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754