Anonymous
Years ago

NFL Teams Using Social Media-NH

There is always a lot of discussion on this forum around the NBL's lack of presence in the digital space (Social media). Here is an interesting article on how 5 teams engage fans through social media

http://www.sporttechie.com/2014/10/26/the-5-most-engaging-nfl-teams-across-youtube-facebook-snapchat-instagram-and-twitter/

Topic #35765 | Report this topic

Bear  
Years ago

Correct anon^ there are quite a few avenues out there for professional sporting companies to engage with their fans, nice post.

The main problem I think is that there is usually delayed gratification with such ventures, they will prove viable I believe in time by attracting interest and more fans to join and go to games, but the return on investment is not immediate.

The other issue is the NBL and its teams, they obviously don't employ enough 17 year olds into their organisations...!

Reply #500345 | Report this post

hooked  
Years ago

I find the port power social media team, to be great, the gameday guides, stats and links to news stories they provide are excellent.

Surely its not hard for sixers guys to take note of who is doing this well, and go have a chat!

Reply #500347 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

You might've noticed that the 36ers tweeting has improved dramatically since the first game of the season. Far more active.

Reply #500361 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.statista.com/statistics/186805/brands-social-shared-video/

the NBA in general has a lot of social media fans, teams should of course follow up!

Reply #512033 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:24 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754