Isaac
Years ago

Hawks vs Wildcats, Oct 31

Rhys Martin is expected to suit for the Hawks. No mention of Ervin in the NBL injury report, so it looks like he is OK after missing part of their game against the Breakers.

Perth are probably the team against which you'd want to add some guard support... Damian Martin is coming off a POTW award and nine steals against the Kings.

Topic #35788 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Should be a great game. It's on the TV, so a good one to watch. Hawks have been unlucky this season with some close games, but can not be written off.

Perth have been punching under their weight considering the roster they have. They have been going to the NBL nightclub and scoring, but should be going home with much more.

Defensive effort of both teams should be high. Damien Martin (last season DPOTY) will be all over the Hawk guards like ebola on an aid worker. The Hawks like to bottle things up and then explode with some unexpected threes.

Hawks deserve a win for what they have put in this season so far, but I get the feeling that the Wildcats will be going back to their hotel rooms to pop their champagne corks in a low scoring affair

Reply #500674 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I think this is the game that Perth emerge from their slumber and start to get their season really rolling.

While I actually want the 'Gong to win, I don't think that they Hawks have it in them to get over the line in this one.

Hawks look to resurrect season against 'Cats

Reply #500685 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

You would hope Rhys Martin suits up. I really don't think you'd want to run Ervin and Carson against Martin in the form he's been over the past two games.

Reply #500686 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Rhys' wife tweeted about seeing him play, so I'd say he's expected to play.

Reply #500689 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't forget to watch this game at 9:30pm on ONE

Reply #500691 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Will be interesting just for the fact that this is our first glimpse of what all the changes have done to the Hawks.

Is Martin as big a part of Gordie's schemes as he appears to me to be?

Has all the disruption, or disloyalty as most of the Hawks on line fans have called it, affected the strong bond that has carried this club further than most predicted on many occasions?

Cat's of course favourites but IF the Hawks guards can overcome the Cats relentless pressure D they are in the game with a decent shot.

Reply #500693 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Well, they gave us a good shake in Perth. Really need Beal to get his eye back in.

Reply #500702 | Report this post

Cats b2b  
Years ago

What time is it on nbl.tv? 6.30 or 4.30?

Reply #500747 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Interesting to see how the Wildcats go on the road for the first time this season. Hawks have done pretty well at home in recent times against Perth.

Reply #500757 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Danger game for Perth. Im leaning more towards the Hawks getting this one. They'll be desperate.

Reply #500759 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

A loss here would be a sharp setback for the Cats, particularly with another tough road game a couple days later.

Not that there's an easy road-game nowadays.

Reply #500760 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

has there been a televised game this season that hasnt been perth?

Reply #500774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would love dearly for the Hawks to win. League needs them to stay relevant, and really outside of WA who likes seeing Perth win! Its like supporting the Pies, its just not on.

Reply #500775 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

^ taking that as a compliment :)

Reply #500782 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Dolla Beal going nuts tonight

Reply #500785 | Report this post

KevR  
Years ago

What's going on with Ervin and Neville? They've played 11 & 13 mins respectively....

Reply #500787 | Report this post

Darryl  
Years ago

Was hoping for a closer game. Beal and Ross have found their mojo.
Doesn't look good for the Hawks this year.

Reply #500797 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Wildcats putting things together. Getting to last year's formula of someone always standing up.

Reply #500798 | Report this post

Vodka 63  
Years ago

is Luke Nevill injured? He just looks like a lumbering log and doesn't really look like he has a lot of interest in the game

Reply #500799 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Ross bobbing up for 5-7 and 7r on 15' was a welcome surprise. 3to wasn't, but oh well.

A lot of positives for Perth to take away. Good to convert our first road-trip, too.

Reply #500801 | Report this post

Go for it  
Years ago

Can someone tell me what Luke Neville does that Gruber couldn't. Hope this move backfires big time!!!

Reply #500803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Carson has to go, defensively very poor, Hawks looked alot better with Rhys & Gary tonight, even with Gary injured

Reply #500806 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Not much spirit there.Is the message not getting through?Carson just cruising.Ervins injury saving his bacon...

Reply #500809 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

Am I dreaming or did Damien Martin get away with a million fouls tonight... yes he is awesome but fair shake of the sauce bottle.. A foul is a foul and they were so obvious

Reply #500810 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

^ Don't blaspheme.

Reply #500811 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

So many reckless passes from the Hawks plus disinterest and poor chemistry. Got a text spoiling the result and couldn't bear to watch the second half knowing where things went. The great team basketball of the last few years seems to have been thrown out.

Reply #500820 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Stop trolling annon ;)
I agree Isaac, they really don't look like they are clicking and Neville looks so out of place. Not sure where they are going to go from here, wandering how long having both Ervin and Carson together will last.

Reply #500822 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Terrible game by the Hawks.

As predicted though, the Wildcats are starting to roll. They are deep and if they can keep going, will once again be the team to beat.

Beal was outstanding.

Wildcats halt Hawks on Halloween

Reply #500825 | Report this post

Flatshot  
Years ago

It seems that money can't buy love after all. New owner throws money around and the hawks once famous for their team play are in disarray. He has created a train wreck with all the best intentions it would seem. Gruber being cut to make way for Martin the final straw. No problem taking on Rhys, especially since either Ervin seems to have back issue but the Gruber situation has damaged the team, the brand and the fan support.

Reply #500829 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Basketball is the ultimate team game. The two teams on the bottom at the moment have backers who perhaps don't understand that. Still, give those line-ups a little time to gel before writing them off. Sundays game huge for both teams.

Reply #500834 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:41 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754