Thomo
Years ago

Funny Interview with Brad Hill

What is your Star Sign
Scorpio

What is your Best Memory of Junior Basketball?
Probably getting an AIS scholarship.

What's your Memory of first NBL game?
Going out onto the court and warming up was just a thrill in itself because I never really thought I was going to be in a position to play NBL basketball at that stage in my career, and when I first checked in the game I was nervous as hell.

What was it like Playing at the DOME for the first Time?
That was a real buzz. I'd never played in front of such a big home crowd, and when I was out there it was like I had no choice but to feed off the energy that the crowd was providing. Winning against the Tigers and getting a chance to play against Andrew Gaze for my only time made that that much more of a better experience.

What's it like playing with guys like Maher and Farley in the backcourt? and how has that helped you over the last year?
It has been great, they have been of great help and support to me. Just learning by watching them play, training with them and getting a bit of advice here and there has really helped me with taking the step from the AIS to the NBL.

Where do you want to be in 5 years??
I'd love to go play overseas sometime in my career, hopefully in 5 years time I will have given myself a chance to get recruited by some overseas clubs. But for now I don't want to get to fair ahead of myself and just want to focus on improving my game and playing well for the Sixers.

How high is your vertical leap?
83cm

What is your best run on the 'Beep Test'?

In the NBL who has Been your toughest opponent?
Probably Darnell Mee because of what he is able to do defensively, he has the longest arms and seems to always put you under that little bit of extra pressure because they are always getting in the way of the ball.

Who is the Best Player you have seen?
There are a lot of good players around but none in particular really stand out to me right now, we have three pretty good players in Maher, Farley and Rychart. In the world I see Lebron James and Dwayne Wade being the future of basketball.

Who is the Most Annoying 36ers Team Mate and why?
Haha. None of them are that annoying, but Paul Rees was tough to room with on the road 'cos he watches the news all the time, I'd be looking to go to sleep and he'd just stay up all night watching news segments. I haven't been around long enough to decide who is really annoying though.

Who would you class as the clown of the 36ers and why?
Nearly everybody clowns around in the locker room. It's just the type of group we have, everyone's pretty laid back.

What is your greatest non NBL basketball achievement?
Making the Australia under 21 team for the World Championships.

Apart from your first game what is your most memorable moment of your NBL career to date?
Playing in the finals. Even though we lost the game, for me just to get a chance to play and find out what it feels like to play at the biggest time of the season was a big thrill. And my half time interview on Fox I was so nervous, but that was something I'll remember.

What is your favourite memory of the 36ers as a kid?
Them winning back to back championships was something pretty special, not many teams have been able to do that in our league.

If you auditioned for Australian Idol you would sing?
Zombie by the Cranberries

If you where stranded on a desert island and you could choose two 36ers team mates who would you pick and why?
I think I' be in trouble with any of them, but I reckon David Cooper might be capable of scheming something together, and If Darren Ng was still around I'd take him, because he'd be smarter than anyone else on the team.

I know I should but I just can't throw out my... ?
My old Basketball Cards

Worst purchase in the name of fashion?
My Flannelette Jacket although it was cheap.

What is your fav food?
A a good roast

What is your fav Song / Band?
No particular song, Eminem would probably be favourite artist

Best Advice you have received (non Basketball)?
Life is short, make the most of it.

Best coaching advice you have received?
Work hard and good things will happen.

If I wasn't playing Basketball I would be doing???
Playing Football

Why does your dad always look angry?
Haha! He has a facial disability, nah he is just a real competitive guy and you probably only ever see him around basketball but at home he's a pretty laid back guy unless you get him going about something.

What do you see your role being with the 36ers and what do you hope to achieve personally and as a team for the upcoming Season?
I see my role as a ball carrier for this group and a player that can provide some scoring punch off of the bench. I'm looking to make some strides in the aspects of creating for my team mates and improving my defensive skills, if I can improve these areas along with the rest of my game I think I will have a good year personally. As a team I see us as a contending team for the championship, if we have good chemistry and stay clear of injuries I don't see why we can't make a run at the title which is definitely the goal we should be aiming for.

Are you thinking of going to US to play college Ball or what future plans do you have with Basketball?
I won't be going to college as I have now played professionally so I am ineligible. I'd love to one day represent the Boomers in the Olympics and play professionally overseas, but in the near future I would like to solidify my spot with the sixers and become a key contributor for the next few years.

Thanks to all those who emailed my self or stephon questions

Cheers

Topic #3580 | Report this topic

Skyhook  
Years ago

Thomo

Nice work mate .

Love Hill's response to the "angry face" question maybe Richards new nickname should be "Stroke Victim Dick" ? ;P

Reply #41611 | Report this post

MELHOOPS  
Years ago

Great Player,

I find it interesting that his best beep test is 14.7 after spending time at the AIS. I have 3 15 yr old players consistently getting 16 and one has even reached 17 twice.

I would have thought Brad had good endurance (Not that 14.7 is too bad)

Reply #41832 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shane Crawford only gets 16... and he's an Olympic calibre athlete.

i think you'll find at the AIS they measure the proper distance for running...

Reply #41839 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon, no offense but shane crawford plays football in australia. Aussie rules footballers ARE NOT olympic calibre athletes!

Reply #41843 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anon 41843 - no offense, but your wrong.

I wasn't simply throwing his name in there without reason...

Shane Crawford's 400 and 800 metre track time are BELOW qualifying time, and leading up to the 2000 Sydney Olympics was asked to train for the olympics. Hawthorn wouldn't allow it. I think given that he has the ability to qualify for the olympics, that makes him olympic calibre.

Reply #41859 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

I'll add weight to that argument, Anonymous v Anonymous (sounds a bit like Kramer v Kramer for the 70s movies fans).

AFL footballers are incredible athletes nowadays. A lot of them would be Olympic calibre. The amount of time invested into their bodies and plus, many athletes move to AFL for the money and fame (just look how many young basketballers we keep losing!).

Reply #41877 | Report this post

MELHOOPS  
Years ago

Don't know if it still stands, but Jose Romero held the AFL record for a long time with 17.3

Anonymous, if you're suggesting that I don't have my team run the required distance, you should say so. The (nameless) boy in which I mentioned is considered one of the best football and basketball players in VIC. Actually, he is of similar frame to Shane Crawford.

Reply #41879 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Aparently Brett Burtons long distance times would qualify him for the olympics as well if he wanted. I dont know if thats true but its what i heard.

Reply #43293 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Also beep tests are always different, whether u do them outside or inside and the distance is often different. In a week separation i did one for cricket and one for basketball and there was like a 2 level difference.

Reply #43294 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Wasn't there an urban legend going round back in the day that Michelle Timms ran out the whole beep test tape?

And doesn't my boy Webber have the SASI bball record?

Reply #43302 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

As far as i know, Webber has got the most recently, but i heard sometime ago (about the time Webber was a top age at SASI), that Joel Goodenough had the record 15 something, from when he was a Junior.

Could be myth, perhaps Paul Arnott could shed some light.

Reply #43387 | Report this post

steve  
Years ago

shane crawford has the highest ever recorded beep test level of 18.1

Reply #55554 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i want to marry brad hill

Reply #210570 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:39 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754