Jack Toft
Years ago

Sixers v Breakers Nov 2

Well..... the Sixers have an opportunity today to hold onto 4th spot and start to create a gap in the table. The Breakers are back and should be quietly confident of a GF spot this season if all the ducks line up for them.

Adelaide have a few injuries, but have added Richie Edwards to cover the injured enigma in Creeky.

Should be a great game

Lets Go Sixers!!

Topic #35806 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

The Odds: Adelaide $2.55, New Zealand $1.52

I'm sticking with the odds in this one, the Breakers are too organised and too deep for the depleted 36ers.

Cedric to have a big one. Breakers by 6.

Injury ravaged 36ers face tough task against Breakers

Reply #500980 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

I had no idea enigma stood for "athletic player without a jumpshot", thanks Jack.

Reply #500989 | Report this post

Murray Magpie  
Years ago

Brock motum sitting on the Sixers bench!!

Yeah baby

Reply #500991 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Great 1st quarter. Teys and Gibson outstanding and their defence is top shelf. NZ so three point trigger happy.

Reply #500992 | Report this post

Darryl  
Years ago

Gibson putting in a P.O.T.W performance so far.

Reply #501000 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Wow. Worst Breakers performance in about 4 or 5 years.

Reply #501004 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Commentators need to calm down on Teys.

Reply #501005 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Why do Adelaide keep getting import point guards when Gibbo is the best Aussie point guard in the league?!?

Reply #501006 | Report this post

Wonders  
Years ago

What is wrong with Te Rangi this season?

Reply #501007 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is wrong with the refs?

How was that an unsportsmanlike foul?

Let the players determine the result of the game.

Reply #501008 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

About 5 mistakes from the refs in the last 3 minutes yeah just par for the course for the nbl and their skill lacking refs

Reply #501010 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

One of the best performances I've seen from the Sixers in recent history, well and truly against the odds against a quality team, despite those nervous last 3 minutes.

What a performance by Gibson, his best ever without a doubt. His stat line unbelievable. Tey's best performance as well. Also makes for a formidable defensive backcourt with those two starting...

BJ showing great improvement this season also.

Reply #501011 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2 wrong out of bounds calls. Resetting the shot clock to 22 when adelaide should have faced an 8 second violation, unsportsmanlike foul that made no sense. There was a nz player further down the court and he went to strip the ball and the charge the ref called when he was about to do the block signal but changed his mind. terrible reffing

Reply #501012 | Report this post

Sean  
Years ago

The Breakers need to make some roster changes...

1. We don't have a legitimate 3 point shooter, last few years when teams played zone on us we could counter attack with Knock Down shooters (Bruton, Corletto, Penney, Wilkinson). Webster & Abercrombie there not knock down shooters, there just guys that can hit them from down there, our best shooter is Rhys Carter.

2. Our Bench? Carter plays with great energy and a high IQ, Wesley puts up terrible shots, can't rebound and is lethargic in the post. Ibekwe blocks a few shots and that's it, takes terrible jump shots and picks up cheap fouls. Te Rangi has gone AWOL. Bailey they don't even use. In past season's our bench has been key to helping the starters, at the moment between these 5 guys we would be lucky to get 15 points from them.

3. We need a scorer!!! Who on this team can be a consistent scoring threat so teams have to put a body on them? Answer no one! Webster & Abercrombie both can score but there not consistent enough to get 25+ points per game each night. Jackson is a pass first point guard and he's got no one there that can create there own high percentage shot and be a legitimate scoring threat. Webster as good as he was for the Tall Blacks isn't that player yet that can carry a team. Don't get me wrong he has the ability but is to inconsistent to be that player.

IMO they need to do all they can to get Isaac Fotu for Wesley and then get rid of Ibekwe for an import that can score.

In terms of the game today, the unsportsmanlike foul at the end was disgraceful refereeing, how that was unsportsmanlike is beyond me. SMH!!!

Reply #501014 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Motum Confirmed Signing, will replace Montreal.

Reply #501015 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

This team does not need to make any changes if money is an issue.

You can see today that this team can compete against the league's best.

Imagine what is achievable with Wilson and Creek.

Very promising signs.

Reply #501016 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Breakers won't win the title this year. No doubt about that.

Reply #501017 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

So many bad calls on both sides. That unsportsmanlike foul on Gibbo? How was that an USF. It wasn't a clear path..Webster was back there. The contact was normal and Abercrombie went for the ball.

Reply #501018 | Report this post

Ano  
Years ago

Perhaps Sean, was a little odd with the unsportsmanlike foul but in the second, a no call when clearly the breaker went directly at Teys.
Good ole Aylen, nah.....wouldn't call that.
For Melbourne he would.

The reffing wasn't great today but it works for every team. We go to NZ and it sucks. Just how the penny rolls

Reply #501019 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Really poor refereeing... so nothing out of the ordinary.

That was just good-quality, entertaining basketball from both teams. Awesome games from Gibbo, Teys and Abercrombie down the stretch.

Reply #501020 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What an awesome performance by Gibson! Easily the best game I've seen him play for the 36ers. Teys was excellent too.

A great bounce back performance after the drubbing in NZ a huge scalp for the 36ers.

Reply #501021 | Report this post

Darryl  
Years ago

If you add Motum , Wilson and Creek to todays team Adelaide look very good.
Teys and Gibson made quite a duo granted they won't combine for 55 every week but I would consider bringing Wilson off the bench when he returns.

Reply #501022 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Top notch win by an undermanned Sixers! Best game I've seen Gibson play. More of that and we'll be talking MVP at the end of the season.

Teys not far behind. He is hands down one of the best shooters in the league these days. Wilson won't get his starting job back if Teys keeps playing like he did today!

The other thing that stood out was DEFENCE. The Sixers have really improved since last season. We are actually rotating effectively and we are challenging shots at the rim whilst fouling far less. That made a big difference in the end, because in the past the Breakers would have made a lot of those baskets.

Feeling good about this team once we get everyone back on deck!

Now what was that about Brockus Motumus on the Sixers bench...?

Reply #501023 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How come the sixers can afford motum all of a sudden? Good move though and it leaves an import spot free too

Reply #501024 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

agree wasnt really an unsportmanlike , but probably the age old 30 secs earlier we missed an obvious call as a breaker hip checks gibbo off the court lets make up for it now type of call.

Reply #501025 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It doesn't really an import spot free because we needed to free up the points to sign Motum which meant Montreal has been released.

Reply #501026 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

*leave

Reply #501027 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could use the import spot if an injury occurs like with creek or Schenscher maybe. Depends on points

Reply #501030 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Good win by the 36ers today. Gibbo was great as was Teys. It was their best games in an Adelaide singlet. Peach stepped up and Schensch pretty much took Pledger out of the game.

I'll admit that I was worried that losing DJ would leave us short on big man stocks because I honestly didn't think Luke's body was up to carrying the whole load. But from the way he's played so far this season, while he may not be the same offensive threat, his D outweighs what DJ brought to a game so its balancing itself out nicely.....so far.

The Breakers haven't been the best team on the road in the past season and a bit, but any time you can get a win over them is a plus.

Reply #501033 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

Really entertaining game to be at Today.

The ball movement by the sixers was fantastic and is that the sixers best backcourt performance since the Maher/Farley era? Some of those passes Gibson was making were incredible and Teys obviously identied Webster as a defensive liabilty going into the game as he continously attacked him. Some of his perimeter one on one moves were of extremely high quality.

I remember there was a discussion a while ago on here about who who was the better player - Gibson vs Damien Martin, I think today showed that Gibson is a more complete player, he took apart the previous MVP of the league in Jackson and I would have him on my team over Damo every time.

The game would have been better were it not for such a poor standard of officiating. That was one of the worst refereed games I have ever seen with both sides copping their fair share of extremely poor calls. Different refs were making different calls on the same play, calls were being made when they weren't in position, they virtually guessed every single out of bounds call, they were regularly drawing attention to themselves needlessly, there was absolutely no consistency and you could see all the players and coaches were completely confused. I hope Mal has a long hard look at that game tape and comes out with a statement to say that the level of officiating in todays game was not on for a professional basketball league and all 3 refs were to undergo some further training as a result. It was close to ruining a high quality game of basketball.

Having said all that, there isnt a much better feeleing then seeing your less fancied/talented team on paper beating their opponents with superior teamwork and effort, I was proud to be a sixers fan today!

Reply #501036 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

No excuses but the schedule is killing the Breakers.

Playing Friday nights in NZ then having to travel all day Saturday and play Sunday.

They were ao flat today.

Reply #501037 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

NZ isn't that far away. Doesn't take all day to fly from there to here. Not a lot different to Perth flying to anywhere but Adelaide. Even Adelaide isn't a whole lot closer.

Reply #501040 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Was just a great entertaining game today, as mentioned above i think this was Gibson's best game. He just controlled the pace and was super aggressive at both ends. Glad Brock is coming in as i could not watch GQ any more after that pass straight out bounds from the baseline.

Reply #501047 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

A well deserved win to Adelaide, NZ looked flat and were on the back foot for a long time.
Even when the Breakers battled the margin down they would soon after give up some soft points on consecutive possessions to let the Sixers stretch the lead back out.

Reply #501048 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Uncle Phil....I would personally have Gibbo AND Damien Martin on my team any day in this league.

The two best defenders in the NBL, though if Joey Wright is to be believed, Teys is an even better on-on-on defender than Gibbo, and Martin's hustle on D is a BIG part of what keeps Perth at or near the top. But Gibbo showed today why he's a Boomer and when he's in that sort of form he's hard to stop. Kinda like a modern day Al Green. Not as fast as the Mean Machine was (not many in the NBL ever will be), but probably a bit more polished and a much more natural PG.

Reply #501050 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

those that started today very good.
a bitta moderation on the bench.
the bench got 5 points.
abercrombie a deliberate foul on teys in the second, but i don't think you have deliberate fouls anymore.
gibbo made that one in fourth look worse than it was.
thought we led by about 9 most of the game.
wilson off the bench,motum starting and creek later is pretty good

Reply #501055 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Playmaker Mo +1+1

I doubt NZ's travel challenge is materially different to Cairns' and Townsville's. Aren't they both 2 or 3 flights to get to anywhere with an NBL team in it, except each other? At least NZ are only one flight from Melbourne and Sydney. Wollongong are a couple of flights from everywhere except Sydney and Melbourne (?) as well. Shorter flights but still a fair bit of travel time. And they used to do the Doomsday Double back to back Friday and Saturday.

So - nothing to see here, folks. Move along.

Reply #501061 | Report this post

Kr  
Years ago

Macdub, crocs played nz on Friday and just smashed Perth with two flights to nz one so sorry not buying the schedule excuse.

Reply #501070 | Report this post

Fan-ciful  
Years ago

"I remember there was a discussion a while ago on here about who who was the better player - Gibson vs Damien Martin, I think today showed that Gibson is a more complete player, he took apart the previous MVP of the league in Jackson and I would have him on my team over Damo every time. "

Are you kidding me?
Gibson played an outstanding 37 minutes but he completely lost his composure down the stretch and as a captain he should have been calming the players down. Those clowns tried to give the game to NZ. The breakers closed out with class and, if not for a stupid attempt at making a 3 point shot when 2 points down, anything could have happened.

Yes, Gibsons figures were 1st class and he played extremely well but when the pressure was applied....he lacked composure. He still has some developing to do to get anywhere near Martins level IMO.

Reply #501073 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth fans are funny

Reply #501077 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

Fan-ciful, while Martin has a small edge defensively over Gibson, Gibson has a far larger edge offensively over Martin. Gibsons passing, shooting and playmaking ability are far in excess of Martins. Don't get me wrong, I love Martin as player but i struggle to see how you can make an argument that Gibson is not the better all round player. If you Put Gibson on the Wildcats team instead of Martin, Perth would probably be just as good, possibly even better. You put Martin on the sixers instead of Gibson and we get worse due to Martins offensive deficiencies. Remind me also how Martin went against Jackson a few weeks ago and how Gibson did today? Gibson, not only held Jackson in check but hurt him significantly on the other end, Martin couldn't contain Jackson and did very little offensively to make up for it.

I felt Gubson wasn't actually bad at all down the stretch, it wasn't him that made most of the mistakes plus, the out of bounds call on him near the scorers bench was rubbish - it was clearly off Jackson's foot. Secondly, when Jackson stole the ball in the corner, he clearly fouled him, the refs call those two the way they should have been called and he has basically a flawless game. He also hit 3 of 4 free throws to ice the game after the unsporsmanslike call (which I also thought was the incorrect call). Didnt seem too rattled at all.

Reply #501078 | Report this post

Fan-ciful  
Years ago

Not quite.

I was a Tigers fan....now I'm trying to follow United.

Reply #501080 | Report this post

Fan-ciful  
Years ago

I take on what you say about Gibson offensively and don't argue at all with that. He is way ahead of Martin. However, for the role Martin plays in the Wildcats, he doesn't need that skill set. He is a play maker, a defender and a leader.

I think you need to watch the end again objectively. Watch it and tell me Gibson wasn't rattled.

Reply #501083 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Give him a break Fanciful, he may just have been a bit tired by the end of the game, with only Tom Daly to spell him off the bench. Not to mention that he can hardly do much about Abercrombie getting ridiculously hot down the stretch and getting NZ back into a game that was over.

I'd still take Gibbo over Martin as well. Martin's a great defender, but he's not enough of a threat on the offensive end for my liking.

Reply #501084 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Martin is an offensive liability. Hence why Gibson is taken ahead of him for internationals.

Reply #501087 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

thought i saw daly and montreal on at the end, rather than starters

Reply #501088 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

Yes, Martin gets the maximum output from huis potential and fulfills his role to a tee at the Wildcats but I think Gibson could fulfil that role just as well, his ability on both ends make him much more versatile. In fact, I can't see Martin actually being able to fill any other role then the one he is currently in. If he didn't have all that offensive talent around him, he would struggle. There is no way Martin will ever be able to put together the all round game that Gibson did today.

Take the Wildcats vs Crocs game from today, Martins opposite number Markovic scored 20 points at 73% while Martin only scored 2. Thats 2 point guards in the five games so far this seasons he has let off the leash and the problem is when this happens, he doesn't have much to offer offensively. At least if Gibson lets an opposition guard get hot offensively, he is able to keep them far more accountable on the other end of the floor.

Reply #501090 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Truth be told, if Martin wasn't so highly regarded as a defensive player he would be a fringe NBL player at best. His game is basically all D and almost no O. As someone said, that works for him in Perth.

That's the difference between him and Gibbo and why our captain is a regular Boomer and Martin isn't (though Perth fans seem to think he should be, but they generally forget that his being just a defender won't cut it in international ball. You've got to be able to score also).

If Adelaide's game was based around D then I would have both players in my side any day.

Reply #501108 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

"I take on what you say about Gibson offensively and don't argue at all with that. He is way ahead of Martin. However, for the role Martin plays in the Wildcats, he doesn't need that skill set. He is a play maker, a defender and a leader."

It's not only that he doesn't need that skill set, he simply doesn't have it. He doesn't come close to having the array of moves that Gibson has to be able to score. And you'd take Gibson's jumper over Martin's any day of the week.

Reply #501124 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Damian Martin is actually a good offensive player, check out Perth's scoring rates when he is and isn't on the floor. He runs that offence incredibly well.

People who only looked at stats would say Dillon Boucher was a poor offensive player too.

Reply #501125 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

With all due respect, the Breakers defence was absolutely appalling last night.

They made Gibson and Teys look like superstars.

Gibson is good but he is not 34 & 10 good. Teys went for 23 (?).

We let two players have career best nights last night and that is unacceptable.

Reply #501127 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

Seriously MACDUB ! Brock Motum is sitting behind the bench and the boys let him know this is what he can be a part of. Did you not see these boys last season. They are capable of this and they did it last night. Are you a Perth fan by any chance.

Reply #501129 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

MACDUB, I disagree. Both Gibbo and Teys would have been playing on a high knowing that a mate who could definitely help them reach the final dance was about to sign after the game.

I also think Webster was seen as a weakness defensively and Teys went at him every time down the floor to expose him...and it worked. Teys is underrated, a tireless worker who gives his all every game. Teys will have more games like this...mark my words.

Gibbo realised that the game was reliant on his battle with Jackson and did everything he could to get the better of that match up...so he went out with all intent to get the better of Jackson and lead his team to a win.

Anyone who has watched Gibbo more than a handful of times knows he is more than capable of those type of games he just rarely plays with that type of mindset and controlled aggression.

Reply #501134 | Report this post

Grovermister  
Years ago

WHAT A GAME!

Pity i had both my kids to worry about (4 and 2) so was unable to fully appreciate the awesomeness of the fortress duo in Teys and Gibbo...

the first 5 mins fo the game was very well officiated then i told my sister that and she said you have spoken too soon... and by the end of the game i certainly HAD spoken too soon...

An the hole travel excuse... WOW clutching at straws there... what about cairns? 5 games in 14 days and LOTS of travel as well... and they are what 6 and 0 so the whole travel excuse is null and void...

And the Gibbo vs Martin battle... Well Joey has instructed Gibbo to attack more and the results speak for themselves... Gibbo does have a 20 8 8 8 in him every game just now have we seen that he now has both the coaches approval and the confidence to do it

How suave did joey look in the suit tonight?

Besides Gordie Macleod does Any other coach look the part as a top level coach? (loved watching Goorj with the all black get ups in the day looked like every game he came to coach...)

Sad to see DQ go... will be interesting to see if they pull the trigger on PC and let Richie stay... looked good in the 3 mins he was on the court

Schensch needs to work with BJ to develop a drop step into his arsenal, very predictable to always go centre with the hook shot if he develops a baseline drop step he will be the BEST Centre in the league, i Hope Brock doesnt disrupt the momentum and confidence that Shensch is playing with

Peach was better today than previous games and is probably still a little off missed some very easy shots but that 3 in the last was AWESOME!

CAN NOT WAIT to see them back where they belong!

Cairns vs sixers GF?

VERY VERY happy 6ers supporter here... definitely one i was not confident about... my son whom is two said before the game they would win... maybe i need to take him to EVERY GAME!!

Reply #501141 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Granted I can live with a player having a big game and they played very well last night, but Gibbo and Teys averaged 15ppg between them last season. They combined for 54 points last night. Gibbo and Teys played great last night, but the Breakers defence was horrible. There's no disrespect in saying Gibson and Teys aren’t superstars..I would have thought that was no secret so why jump on my back.

Reply #501149 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

So who on the Breakers is a Superstar Macdub?

Reply #501170 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Gibson and Teys aren't superstars. End of. Are you trying to justify that they are LOL?

Gibbo is a great player, but superstar? No.

Teys is coming off a season where he averaged 3.8ppg.

Reply #501176 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Macdub...I'm not suggesting anyone on the 36ers roster is a superstar, just trying to get a feel for who or what requisites you place on a player being given that status?

Reply #501190 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Its hard to say "X" quantifies "superstar status".

But for what its worth, I wouldn't consider Abercrombie a superstar.

Reply #501193 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

MACDUB stats don't tell the full story, they don't reflect the mid court game forcing the pass and stopping progression of play. You need to watch a full game and respect everything else they do beyond the stat line and how that influences the game and works in with the rest of the team. That is what every is talking about. There are few players that bring this to a team, Damo does it for Perth.

Reply #501194 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Macdub...so who in the NBL would you class as a Superstar?

Reply #501236 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

@paul: "Damian Martin is actually a good offensive player, check out Perth's scoring rates when he is and isn't on the floor. He runs that offence incredibly well.

People who only looked at stats would say Dillon Boucher was a poor offensive player too."
Scoring rate is a stat.

Reply #501244 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

FWIW I would say Cedric Jackson in 2013 definitely was, and Clarke, Ennis and Goulding probably were last season. Many Perth and NZ fans would say Martin and Vukona are for what they consistently bring, and Adelaide fans are now heading in that direction with Gibson. Just quietly, Worthington has had a superstar start to this season.

Reply #501249 | Report this post

Grovermister  
Years ago

wortho may have had a superstar start but he is still imo the BIGGEST whinger in the NBL...

Sure there are a few others out there and i am sure my beloved sixers have some whingers too but Wortho is the king.

Reply #501251 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Macdub, Adelaides win had nothing to do with NZ playing poorly from the get go and Gibbo is clearly the best player in the league so please keep any thoughts to the contrary to yourself thanks

Reply #501252 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

If Martin and Vukona are considered Superstars then so should Gibbo. Gibbos value, like Martin and Vukonas, cant always be measured on the stat sheet.

Reply #501253 | Report this post

Fan-ciful  
Years ago

"Macdub, Adelaides win had nothing to do with NZ playing poorly from the get go and Gibbo is clearly the best player in the league so please keep any thoughts to the contrary to yourself thanks"

Gibbo is the best player in the league?
Have you watched his last 3 minutes from yesterday again. Check out his lack of composure. He is a great player but he needs more composure when the pressure is on down the stretch. Just saying.

Reply #501259 | Report this post

Hoop Dreams  
Years ago

Fan-ciful... without his efforts for the previous 37 minutes leading up to that last 3 minutes... those last 3 minutes would have been irrelevant. and during those last 3 minutes did you miss his 4... count them 4 clutch free throws to seal the win?? Maybe you need to look back over those last 3 minutes yourself champ :)

Reply #501263 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Exactly Tornado, they're hometown superstars because the people who see them live every week know just how vital their contributions are.

Reply #501269 | Report this post

Fan-ciful  
Years ago

"Fan-ciful... without his efforts for the previous 37 minutes leading up to that last 3 minutes... those last 3 minutes would have been irrelevant. and during those last 3 minutes did you miss his 4... count them 4 clutch free throws to seal the win?? Maybe you need to look back over those last 3 minutes yourself champ :)"

I'm not doubting his 37 minutes. I watched the whole game and the last quarter a few times again. His first 37 minutes was superb and composed but he almost let the 36ers toss the win to the Breakers. Watch it again. He is only young and will develop further. Thanks champ :)

Reply #501270 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Mystro,

I agree. Gibson has probably been the best player in the league for 5-6 years.

I also rate Teys and hope the Breakers are looking at him over Penney - better to go with youth and look to the future. Plus I do believe Teys is a better shooter.

Reply #501301 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

MACDUB - what are you on talking about Teys and NZ. Huh !!!

Reply #501319 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

being as he's clearly the best one on one defender in the league and now shooter we're going to hopefully offer Teys marquee money to jump the ditch.

Reply #501330 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Gibbo is the only current NBL player (well, he was until Adelaide signed Motum) who was a regular Boomer.

At the very least that would make him not only the best Aussie player in the NBL, but among the best players in the league.

When I was growing up, just about the only non-NBL player for the Boomers was Luc Longley (and he was still in college at the time). How times have changed.

Reply #501334 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

You will find that Teys will want to help build Sixers and create what Perth has with the loyalty points starting to kicking in the next few years. IT will be all about where Joey is and not everyone is a chaser of money some it's building a community or something greater as in a group that can get around the boomers to lift Australian basketball. You will find that there are some strong christian values within the group again not always focussing on money.

Reply #501339 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

That's pretty poor logic Holden, you don't really pick players in the national team based on club form, but more what they can do for the national team.

For a number of years Gibbo has been one of two, three or four NBL players in the Boomers but hasn't been anywhere close to one of the best players in the league.

Last season he started to head in that direction and this year he looks like he is stepping up again. That's no surprise given he is now 28 and entering into his peak years.

Reply #501340 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

annon,

I am gobsmacked you don't believe Teys is the best shooter currently in the league.

If you don't think so, you're delusional.

Reply #501345 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Still waiting for your superstar players Macdub??

Reply #501350 | Report this post

Hoop Dreams  
Years ago

Ooooooh you didn't just double champ me back did you Fan-ciful??!! Lol... well listen here… bucko… (yeah that’s right… BUCKO!!) firstly there were 4 other guys out there all suffering the pressure and brain fades out there in those last few minutes… not just Gibbo… and secondly… bub… you need to stop re-watching that game and that quarter and those last 3 minutes and go get some fresh air… also… he’s only young you say kiddo? Needs to develop more you reckon sport?... cobba… he’s 28 years old… has played over 270 NBL games… (obviously) NBL club captain… 2 NBL championships… Australian Boomers representation… NBL Allstar… and one heck of a role model to the young future stars of this league… how much more development does he need??!! He wouldn’t even be able to develop film now everything is basically digital… champ… time to have a lie down I think and get prepped for this weekends games and see what… developes... from there :-D

Reply #501358 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Please don't use sarcasm on those too naïve to understand it.

Reply #501360 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

There's only one person between OzHoops and Hoops.com.au stupid enough to put "..." after every few words. Why can't you write like a normal person (and maybe even with a little bit of grammatical competence)?

Reply #501361 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

...…. ……….. !!!! …… @$&#^&@%#^* ……. - !! ……. ??????

Reply #501362 | Report this post

Hoop Dreams  
Years ago

the "..." is there in place of "dramatic pause"... to give the reader the idea to hold up and delay before completing the rest of the sentence. while it has no grammatical bearing on anything... it is mearly a guide on a forum that doesnt particularly grade spelling or grammer because if it did... you would have maybe 3 or 4 people posting on here and that would be about it. :-D

Reply #501364 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Tornado,

What are you on?

Teys is my superstar player.

Reply #501382 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Macdub - Avoiding the question with condescending rubbish isn't an answer!

Reply #501383 | Report this post

Fan-ciful  
Years ago

Wow. This thread took a dive.

Reply #501401 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bottom line is the ref call on Abercrombie was a joke with less than 60 seconds changed everything.
Adelaide fell in with blinders from Gibbo & Teys. Nothing to brag about.

Reply #501455 | Report this post

Darryl  
Years ago

A win is a win

Reply #501456 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:02 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754