LC
Years ago

Crocs vs Wildcats, 2 Nov

The Wildcats should have their way with the Crocs in this one. Perth is fast approaching their best and are looking very dangerous right now. Beal was huge in their last outlining.

Odds: Townsville $2.65, Perth $1.48

I'm hoping that Townsville can draw a decent crowd so they can see a very good Perth team coming together. That is the best I think Townsville can hope for in this one. Perth by 8.

Wildcats head north to tackle King Conk's Crocs

Topic #35808 | Report this topic

Mick  
Years ago

Perth should intimidate with their hyper aggressive defensive pressure and dominate the possession game. Townsville still lack mental toughness and should roll over.

Conklin to punch Wagstaff?

Reply #500984 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Think Townsville could struggle depending on how much Markovic can play

Reply #500985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mick, he'd probably miss ;-)

Reply #500994 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Great win.

Hopefully Gladness is ok.

Reply #501052 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When was the last time a team put up more than 100 points on the Wildcats?

Reply #501056 | Report this post

Cobra  
Years ago

Last time a team dropped 100 or more on the Wildcats:

Season 2013/14
Round 22
Perth 79 @ Adelaide 102

Reply #501063 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wildcats? more like mildcats lololol

Reply #501064 | Report this post

Kr  
Years ago

Fantastic game by crocs! My money is on split webbing for gladness, it was bleeding and he wasn't on the bench at the end of the game so was probably getting stitches. He was huge defensively and I counted 8 blocks from gladness tonight, not sure what stats say though.

Steindl, blanchfield and markovic all played awesome. Can't remember ever beating Perth by 20.

Reply #501066 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Stats say only 4 blocks for Gladness, as usual NBL boxscore is only tangentially connected to reality...

This is the Crocs team I expected pre-season: moving the ball and finding a multitude of open deadeye shooters.

Reply #501071 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

So.

Cairns for the title.

Reply #501072 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Nathan of Perth not so soon Adelaide is now in the race now! Anyway teams have bad games and this was the day for Perth to have a bad game. They still will be favourites to win it.

On another note I would like to take some credit for how the Crocs have been playing. I said there was a chance they could be 0-7 after they started the season 0-2 but since then they are 3-1. Without my negative jinx I don't think they would have done so well! In all seriousness, some great wins by them and it is great for the league.

Reply #501074 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stats say only 4 blocks for Gladness, as usual NBL boxscore is only tangentially connected to reality

Not that fans have ever been known to exaggerate or anything

Reply #501075 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I counted 6 for sure, and I didn't watch every second of the game intently. There could have been more.

Reply #501076 | Report this post

Kr  
Years ago

There were two separate plays where it looked like he made back to back blocks on the same play, one was at the end of a quarter. Btw eight stitches down the side of gladness's index finger after catching it on the ring.

Reply #501103 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So... actually 4 stitches then :p

Reply #501106 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

7 blocks
8 stitches - cut his finger on the rim going up for a dunk
he'll be right for the game on sunday
the goaltend they called on him was a joke too - could have had 8 blocks!

Reply #501146 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Difficult to know how much of this is Daniels still recovering from pre-season surgery, and how much is just being a step down from Ennis and everyone else catching up.

If Cairns takes out the Wildcats convincingly then it will come down to Fearne keeping his players fit across the season.

Reply #501166 | Report this post

Cats b2b  
Years ago

Daniels is to soft, second half no one took on the game, beal had a good 1st half and no one helped. Was expecting more and il be tempted to look at other options.

Reply #501254 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Ennis had a massive ego and was full of confidence. Daniels could do with a bit of that.

Reply #501255 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:44 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754