Jack Toft
Years ago

Oscar hits the big 4 - 0 - 0

One piece of news that has slipped through un-noticed is this. Former Adelaide player, Hawks Captain and all time good guy, Oscar Forman has reached a milestone playing his 400th game.

For the record he has spent nearly 4,095 minutes on court averaging 9.2 ppg with 45% FG 42.6% 3P and 72.1% FT, grabbing 4.7 rebounds per game.

This is his 14th season in the NBL and on behalf of all fellow hipsters, I say Well done!

Topic #35818 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Damn auto-correct! Hoopsters

Reply #501315 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Great effort from the Big O!

Reply #501318 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

Surely must be more than 4095 minutes. Otherwise it would be 9.2ppg in 10mpg.

Really a great achievement. I'd wager that 42+% career 3pt% would be the best out of anyone in the 400 club.

Reply #501321 | Report this post

Gordon Liddy  
Years ago

This is his 14th season? Good lord.

Reply #501324 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Trails PC for threes made amongst active players, I read. I guess Bruton retiring helped there. Might not have to wait long for outright lead?

Does the NBL publish live lists like this? There'd be a lot of stats like that it'd be interesting to track.

Reply #501354 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think he is undoubtedly the best three-point shooter we have ever seen, the numbers he's put up on the extended line exceed anything anyone did on the shorter arc.

Congrats to him and also Gordie McLeod for getting the best out of him.

Reply #501359 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

"and on behalf of all fellow hipsters"

Perfect.

Also, well done Oscar Forman, still the player that gives me the most nerves when I see him open on the arc.

Reply #501381 | Report this post

Titan  
Years ago

This could be a stupid question but I will ask it anyway, Is Issac who runs this site Oscar Formans brother... before anyone gives me a hard time i'm new to this site.

Reply #501488 | Report this post

Titan  
Years ago

*Isaac

Reply #501489 | Report this post

Titan  
Years ago

Congrats to Oscar Forman on an awesome effort to make 400 milestone, quality player.

Reply #501490 | Report this post

Cobra  
Years ago

Isaac: I am trying to archive as much data from past NBL seasons as possible. It has taken me a very long time to do so. Only completed 1979 and 1980 (just started 1981).

However, I stumbled across this 3rd party website:

http://english.worldhoopstats.com/nbl-au/three-points.html

If Oscar is consistent this season and PC doesn't play much, Oscar will probably pass him.

Reply #501492 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Titan, yes Isaac is Oscar's elder brother

Reply #501507 | Report this post

Titan  
Years ago

Ok, thanks Jack

Reply #501549 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isaac don't you have the database of stats from the old nblstats site, why wasn't it integrated to this site and updated with recent seasons... you have most of it

Reply #501647 | Report this post

Cobra  
Years ago

Question for you Isaac. With stats, do you like to separate Regular Season stats from Playoff stats (like they do in the NBA) or combine them (like they seem to do in the NBL)?

Reply #501666 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:53 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754