AK-47
Years ago

Dellavedova injured, out for 6 weeks

Looks like Delly is out for 6 weeks with an MCL sprain. The defence is gonna be left to LeBron and Varejao now!

Topic #35835 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

And LeBron is further at the mercy of Irving and Waiters! Might see all that come to a head eventually unless they start getting clearer results.

Reply #501625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is what happens when you go into beast mode too often.

Reply #501628 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

haha. cavs gonna get killed by guards if irving/ waiters are what they throw at them.

ive said all along waiters should have been dealt away for a defender.

Reply #501631 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

At the moment Lebron and Ingles are matched up on each other, it's almost surreal watching it.

Reply #501633 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

'beast mode' haha.

Waiters will be traded away soon enough, obvious his play isn't suited to the Cavs roster. The longer he remains though, the better for Delly.

Reply #501637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

People have to get over how good they think Delly is. Sure, he's a good NBA player but I doubt this has any affect on the Cavs on either end of the floor

Reply #501638 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

Ingles continuing to make the right choices, subbed in with 3.4 seconds to play. ;-)

Reply #501642 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Cleveland would of won that game today with delly. His Bball IQ is far above anyone at the cavs. His presence on the court is vital!

Reply #501659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is a MCL?

Reply #501663 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Ray Allen to Cavs?

Where is he?

Lebron would love him back for offence & defence!!

Reply #501665 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow to the Delly having a "far above" IQ comment.. Lebrons is also pretty high my friend.. also Ray Allen for DEFENSE? That's just ridiculous

Reply #501671 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Medial collateral ligament.

The Cavs may well realize how much that Delly fits their needs right now. They don't need another guy who wants to get and take his allocation of shots each game.

Reply #501678 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

The last thing the cavs need is Ray Allen!

Reply #501682 | Report this post

ArdentWildcat  
Years ago

The last thing the Cavs need is Ray Borner.

Reply #501689 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you serious #638? This is bad news for a Cavs team that is really struggling to put it together. Someone like Delly who can fit around the superstars and have a positive impact without needing shots is critical to them right now, and the minutes that he's been getting show that Blatt knows this.

Even if you don't believe he's as good as I do, have you seen the Cavs depth chart? You realise Irving has been incredibly injury prone through his career and is now going to have to play massive minutes basically for the rest of the year? And that their best option to get Irving a break is to have Lebron orchestrating the offence? And that Lebron has been to 4 straight NBA finals and turns 30 in 6 weeks? That's all fine, though, Delly isn't good enough to have any impact on the Cavs.

Reply #501691 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Delly/harris/Marion/Thompson/varejao
Looks to be more of a team unit...

Trouble is Irving, waiters, James and love try to do it all themselves without involving others as often as they should.

Where's the chemistry?

Reply #501696 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

In their loss to the Jazz the Cav's couldn't crack it for double figures in the assist column! On the other hand the Jazz had about 26 or something assists...

Yes, it was only a 2 point loss, but this is what Delly brings to the team IMHO, so yes again they will miss him dearly.

Reply #501705 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Ray Allen can't play D?

Some of u on here smoke way to much crack!!

Reply #501709 | Report this post

Sammy  
Years ago

It is entertaining at least orbit hHaha

Reply #501715 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Cavs set a new team low for assists. Irving, after being spoken with by LeBron about team offence, came out and had no assists at all in 45 minutes. He's now had no assists in his last six quarters, but put up 36 shots.

Cavs had 6 assists total. Exum had 5 on his own.

LeBron is coasting at times because his PG isn't getting him involved.

Can't see both Irving and Waiters lasting the season in Cleveland. LeBron keeps dropping media hints about who he sees as responsible for these losses, and it's clear what he's talking about, but the player(s) at the crux don't seem to be getting it.

Both guards had the same reputation last season. I bet LeBron either didn't notice or though that with himself and Love they could surely overcome it.

Reply #501722 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

I reckon the guards get it Isaac but seem a bit rebellious to take a back seat or change their ways!

Delly could be the answer as starting PG as he is a pass first guard & good defender who puts team first.

Maybe signing Kyrie to a max deal was pre-mature B4 getting Lebron...

Reply #501723 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

I reckon that Cavs could probably do with shipping Waiters for a Sefolosha type. They need another perimeter defender. The young Jazz guards killed them off the dribble yesterday. They have Thompson and Varejao to help up front so they should be okay there.

Reply #501725 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yes, I think blowing money on Irving was rash. And I wondered if they should trade Irving before Waiters, though doubt it would be a popular option.

I think Waiters and Delly did OK last year when Irving was out?

Reply #501728 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Put delly at 1 and Irving at 2. Lebron at 3. Love at 4. Varejao 5.

Reply #501729 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

yeah cannot see them trading irving at all but if they could get a mike conley/ any number of other similar pg's it would probably benefit the team.

Reply #501732 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm a massive fan of Delly but I don't think he's an NBA starter. If orbit and anon 729 are suggesting it to try and get a different rotation (ie, so that Kyrie and Waiters play more with the second unit and Lebron and Love can dominate the ball for the starters) that might work. But Delly gets by in the NBA because his effort level is through the roof. Managing that same level of effort and intensity for starter's minutes would be really tough.

They will draw comparisons to Miami all year, and watching Zach Lowe on Grantland Basketball Hour, he basically said that he thinks the 2011 Miami offence will end up better than the 2014/15 Cavs offence unless they get a trade. Acknowledging that while the natural fit between stars in Cleveland is better than it was in Miami, Irving and Love are nowhere near the same level in terms of the success that they've led their teams to as Bosh and Wade were.

I think one of the most underrated comparisons between Miami's big 3 and Cleveland's is that while Wade had historically been ball-dominant, he actually understands how to play without it. Kyrie clearly does not.

Reply #501746 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Yet after all that, they lost by 2 on a buzzer beater, go figure... We love debating the extreme don't wee??

Reply #501823 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

starting winning games now they dont have him on the court

Reply #501867 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

They were also winning with him on court anon^, maybe his team play has washed off on his team mates?

Reply #502521 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:56 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754