In The Know
Years ago

Alpha Magazine

Any thoughts from those who got it on Thursday?

I thought the blurb about the contributors on Page 4 was good.

Travis Cranley, I sympathise with you, I too missed out on the NBA Draft after leading my social team to victory.

Topic #3584 | Report this topic

Double Clutch  
Years ago

I dare anyone not to look at that cover with the 3 football players pulling model poses and with JG with his top off in the bottom corner and not think it's the cover of a Gay magazine.

Reply #41673 | Report this post

MELHOOPS  
Years ago

Too much Advertising

Reply #41678 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe to males it might appear gay DC but to me (female) there was no way i was going to miss having a look inside that mag. The front cover engaged 100% of my attention

Reply #41704 | Report this post

Advertising allows it to be $2.

Reply #41738 | Report this post

Avanti  
Years ago

Are future editions to be $2?

A pretty good buy if it is in comparision to other general sports mags at about $7 or 8...

I assumed that it was only the first edition that was $2 as a special promotion with the Advertiser....

Reply #41742 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

personally, i think it sucks. Why should News Ltd (the 'tiser) substitute quality sports stories from their papers to fill out a magazine, and charge us $2. These articles should have been in the tiser over the past month. I think it is a nasty marketing ploy to gently bleed our wallets.

Reply #41744 | Report this post

Dont buy it then.....you cheap so and so.

Reply #41745 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i didn't, and wont.

Reply #41746 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

I agree. I didn't buy it either. I'm waiting for the free online version!

Reply #41769 | Report this post

In The Know  
Years ago

I didn't pay for it either, and probably wouldn't as I am not an overall sports junkie.

Anon #41744, you have quite a valid point that I hadn't even thought of. Yes, we should be reading this for free in our daily Murdoch publication.

Reply #41772 | Report this post

zombie  
Years ago

the guys on the front are not hot..

Reply #41800 | Report this post

Anthonyy Sharwood  
Years ago

Hi everybody, Anthony here, writer at Alpha mag. Glad to know you're all talking about teh thing, even if none of you appear to have read it yet.

Trust me - it's a good read! Oh, and the reason these stories don't appear in News Ltd papers is that none of us have ever worked for News before, except our editor, who was sports editor of The Australian.

Gotta go and write issue #2 - bye!

Reply #42197 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anthony, you won't win many fans here while there's no Basketball category on your Alpha blog!

Reply #42201 | Report this post

Anthonyy Sharwood  
Years ago

gimme a few minutes...

Reply #42206 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:08 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754