Hendo8888
Years ago

Spurs vs Rockets

Pop rested Duncan and Manu today, and with Splitter, Patty and Leonard already out, it meant good minutes for the bench guys.
Baynes had 12 points and 12 rebounds in 31 mins. Would that be his first NBA double-double? His direct opponent, Howard did get 32 and 16 in the same amount of time though. But still a fairly handy game for Aron.

Topic #35845 | Report this topic

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Leonard wasn't out injured, he played 29 minutes.

I'm not liking the Spurs' start to the season.

Reply #501766 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Leonard definitely played

Reply #501767 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think it's his career high on the boards. Rockets were up by almost 30 at one point and if you watch the highlights, Howard really has his way with Baynes. Harden had a big dunk on him too. Real learning experience I imagine left out there without his starting teammates Splitter and Duncan.

Here are Dwight's moves:

And Harden's dunk on Baynes:

Reply #501768 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Still not buying into the Rockets.

I don't see their ceiling being too much higher than what it is now.

In a seven game series, teams will expose them. Right now, their offense is just carrying them.

Reply #501773 | Report this post

Murray Magpie  
Years ago

Yeah +1 on that. Never gonna win it all with Howard. Might get 60 wins then exit the first round.

Reply #501774 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Crazy to think that 4 out of the 5 best teams in the NBA are in the one division(Warriors in the Pacific).

Reply #501778 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Duncan and Ginobili were rested, Bellinelli was out injured.

Baynes did well with little interior support for his double-double and in having to try stopping Howard.

Reply #501788 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shows that Baynes isn't used to guarding guys who can finish above the rim the way Howard can. That back-cut alley oop where Bayne's is looking for the pass at shoulder-height is pretty funny.

Agree with Macdub and Murray that it's hard to see the Rockets being much more than this, though. They were going after a third piece in the summer for a reason.

Reply #501869 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:51 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754