Anonymous
Years ago

Knox Court Case verdict

This is the judges summary and verdict. Went online recently, is an interesting read.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/sinodisp/au/cases/vic/VCC/2014/1418.html?stem=0&synonyms=0&query=wayne%20carroll

Topic #35848 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

It's more than an interesting read! Anyone on a committee would be well advised to read that verdict.

That reminds me, I need to upgrade my photocopier.

Reply #501835 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Wow. Just read through all that. Not a great outcome for everyone involved really - quite a sad state of affairs.

Reply #501848 | Report this post

Pandora  
Years ago

I see that the Noordsy has also stepped down.isn't that all the "new board"now gone.

Reply #501855 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

That reminds me to invest in a new shredder...

Where is the summary? That's a lot of reading right there...

Reply #501856 | Report this post

Wookie  
Years ago

So where is the verdict?

I have no idea who Noordzy is, but I wouldn't want him involved in any business I knew of.

Reply #501863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've just read the entire judgement. I have to say that thinking back and reflecting on the rumour and innuendo that was floating around about Wayne Carroll at the time, it's a shame that people were so prepared to peddle such crap around.

He clearly did nothing wrong and the people involved at Knox at the time that he was dismissed should be ashamed of themselves.

Reply #501885 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

That Trott bloke after reading the summary just jumped ship from one board to another and used hindsight to attack Carrol. What a tool of a bloke. Noordzy just spent KBI money and left them in the lurch. And Carrol was trying to advance KBI with sponsorship that the previous board approved of. Shame on the Noordzy board for mudslinging Carrol.

Reply #501896 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

here we go again

Reply #501897 | Report this post

gmtw  
Years ago

The Italian courts overturned her guilty verdict. ..

Reply #501918 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Holly catfish!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/east/sacked-ceo-of-knox-basketball-incorporated-gets-200000-payout/story-fngnvlxu-1227118409112?nk=2c3a73e042c1f9e1f32056be5b53aaa1

Adding everything outstanding together that's over 1 million in accrued debt if i'm reading this right?.

Reply #502197 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Holly Catfish $1m is correct. A sad state of affairs with the people suffering the most being the members.Good luck to the CEO, a very tough gig.

Reply #502204 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So let me get this right, there's $380,000 in back rent, $220,000 in back pay to door staff, $200,000 in Payout to WC and about $300,000 in legal fees for both party's?

That's 1.1 Million dollars????! What the??

Reply #502205 | Report this post

Big V  
Years ago

Anon thanks for the Sun Herald/Leader link. Brief description of case. Feel sorry for all involved. Pipe dreams are for those with nothing to lose. But real people have been hurt here(on both sides)! Hope they get through it. Big organizations need to ensure they put the right people in(must have business acumen), but then need to support them. Ensure that checks and balances are put in place.

Reply #502209 | Report this post

What if  
Years ago

This is an excellent case study .

Most boards could do worse than taking the time to reflect and discuss whether not a similar situation could take place at their association or community organisation.

Reply #502211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So much for all the incorrect, possibly libellous rumours over so many months.

Reply #502212 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Years ago

Sadly, I agree What If. This is one expensive lesson in not for profit governance.

Reply #502240 | Report this post

Harry Hackrein  
Years ago

So where are the fracktards that said it was a scandal now?

Reply #502261 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Such a very very sad state of affairs for everyone.

Hard to see much light till that debt is cleared.

Reply #502262 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's tragic.

Knox should be one of the premier associations in the country.

But then agin, so should Dandenong, Kilsyth, Werribee, Casey, Geelong, Farnkston, Sandringham and on and on.

The pyramid needs to be turned upside down.

The state bodies need to be wll funded and provide a structure to the associations.

The associations in turn need to do the same for domestic clubs where a small fortune is held to the detriment of the sport.

And hopefully just maybe BA will become a credible, well funded organisation as a result.

Reply #502279 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

Good players are not necessarily good coaches or good administrators.

No winners out of this....except for the lawyers.

Reply #502296 | Report this post

anon29  
Years ago

Poor Noordzy.
Very clear from ruling that previous board allowed over $100,000 to be spent on a sponsorship deal that never eventuated in lieu of doorkeepers and rent due to council.
Then Noordzy steps in when losses and debts are announced, has to save KBI from administration by negotiating with parties that are owed money. Then its seems minutes from board meeting where not sufficient to explain to him that they knew every move WC was making, he goes to court and the rest is history.
No matter what happened at court, why was KBI in massive debt and why is not previous board accountable for this debt. Surely they must have had monthly P&L's to monitor what was going on?? Noordzy actions although now, seem ill-informed I think is a culmination of the poorly run and administrated organisation that had no understanding of their duties, KBI's financial position and the consequences of their actions.

Reply #502382 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am amazed at how the previous CEO and his wife have been allowed to slip by on this one. The rot started when he underpaid the door staff.

Reply #502466 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

@ 502466 Anonymous.

Which CEO and wife are you referring to? This general statement could mean multiple people- is that fair to the "innocent "?

Reply #502519 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

C'mon Anonymous which CEO and wife? Back up your statement with facts unless of course you are just another poster who tells porkies

Reply #502593 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:34 am, Wed 20 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754