LC
Years ago

R5: United vs Wildcats

Who can predict what Melbourne United will bring to this game? With Perth starting to roll, I cannot see how Melbourne can get over the line in this one - the odds tell the same story.

Odds: $1.18, Melbourne $5.00

Also, Nate Tomlinson welcomed a new baby girl this week. Not sure whether that will have any bearing on his and the team's game or not.

I reckon Perth will win this one by 16 at home in front of a very big crowd.

Preview: Perth and Melbourne set for 'Wild West' tussle

Topic #35858 | Report this topic

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Perth getting raped by 20 in Townsville is not 'starting to roll'.

Perth still have plenty to prove, especially on the offensive end where Daniels is not producing anything like Ennis did.

They are in the top four because Redhage is in good form and Beal (after a quite start) is hitting good form.

PS...Can't believe someone had intercourse with Nate Tomlinson...can you believe the amount of complaining during the process?

Reply #501914 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Banana at the Nate Tomlinson complaining during intercourse comments

Reply #501917 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

United have failed to live up to their potential so far. A win over the cocky Wildcats would help build support for the team.

This is Perth's game to lose.

Reply #501922 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Hard to see Perth losing after how badly they were beaten last Sunday. They tend not to respond to that very nicely!

Reply #501923 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth will be angry after last week and will not lose two in a row.
Perth by 13.

Reply #501925 | Report this post

NBLG  
Years ago

Confirmed Mark Worthington out with elbow infection. Was present at the Melb Boomers/Dandy Rangers game today in Melbourne in a sling.

Reply #501958 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

Daniels out of the starting five wagstaff in

Reply #501963 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

Daniels still struggling with that elbow i reckon

Reply #501964 | Report this post

Fan-ciful  
Years ago

Floppage and Fagstaff must be struggling with a sore arse from all that flopping.

Wildcats should win easily.

Reply #501967 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Anyone else getting the 'Live event will start shortly' message on NBL.TV??

Reply #501968 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Yes - NBL TV not working for anybody!

Even the NBL players are complaining about it on Twitter!

Reply #501969 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't complain about the quality of the "live event will start shortly" stream. Top notch.

Reply #501973 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

does anybody else think dave barlow is super overrated?

Reply #501975 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nope, you're not alone there.

Reply #501976 | Report this post

Harry Hackrein  
Years ago

About as good as that last BeAL foul not called. Refereeing is crap, again, still. Even the commentators were gob smacked at the non call.
Perth turning the ball over on every possession atm. Good to see one decent ref there. Aylen.

Reply #501979 | Report this post

Harry Hackrein  
Years ago

Perth with an unconvincing win 68 - 59.

Reply #501983 | Report this post

Harry Hackrein  
Years ago

Strange that Barlow can go overseas for many seasons and earn good EU money and when he comes back here, he's over rated.

Reply #501987 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Harry doesn't know what over-rated means.

Reply #501992 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wonder if McRae found his dummy after the game, abusing his own team mates

Reply #501997 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Barlow strikes me as the sort of player who will give you the same output regardless of what competition he's against. So, he'll do as well in the big Euro leagues as he does here, which is to say he's a role player.

Reply #501998 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

Marcus -PLEASE DO NOT USE THE WORD RAPE - IT IS OFFENSIVE TO ALL THOSE WOMEN WHO HAVE BEEN RAPED AND CHILDREN AND WOMEN AROUND THE WORLD HELP CAPTIVE IN SLAVERY TO BE RAPED AND RAPED AND RAPED. IT IS NOT WORD TO BE USED TO DESCRIBE A BASKETBALL GAME.

Representing those who suffer ...…..

Reply #501999 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It is offensive to everyone and the poster should be banned

Reply #502000 | Report this post

Ganymede 86  
Years ago

Melbourne looked like they missed Worthington big time out there. With him I reckon it would've been a close game - especially in an ugly one like that.
McRae is selfish and I state again that Melbourne would be better off without him and getting a big banger inside who can rebound and block shots. The body language and yelling at his teammates was terrible. Barlow needs to be more aggressive as well.
Would LOVE to see Childress on the Wildcats instead of Daniels.

Reply #502001 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Yep. McRae appears to be an extremely selfish player. Gets his numbers, but at the detriment to the team.

Reply #502003 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

OK everyone, don't used the words raped, killed, murdered, beat, hammered, touched up, buried or any other word that equates to any kind of violent crime that someone may have been affected by.

Reply #502004 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice backdoor penetration from McRae...

Reply #502015 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Please don't use the word 'backdoor penetration' either. for those who have been unwantedly penetrated from behind.

Reply #502017 | Report this post

Darryl  
Years ago

Was going to say Childress was in beast mode but that term can also be considered offensive by some people.

Reply #502018 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

Making jokes about it shows your mentality making a joke over it. Perhaps if your wife, sister, daughter or mother had been raped you may think differently and why the attitudes continue. Come on real men stand up for women out there and support not using this word so lightly.

Making joke about backdoor ... just adds to your lack of character. Hardly in the same context to rape if someone choses that …

Unbelievable. I thought basketball had a better culture.

Reply #502019 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

annon, why are you suggesting that only women are victims of rape? That's quite ignorant and I don't think you're taking this issue as seriously as you'd like to think you are.

Reply #502020 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Okay so back to the thread... Anyone know where Simon Devlin has been?

Reply #502022 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

I did not say women are only victims of rape just made a comment in relation to rape and used women as example. So I will add what if your brother, your father, your grandfather your grandmother was raped. ?? Stop turning it back on to me and tap in to your brains and understand the issue that is bigger than many other crimes and ongoing day afar day after day physically and in peoples minds and yes so are other crimes. but the word used I raised is Rape and to change culture people need to refrain from flippantly throwing word around inappropriately with no respect to victims.

Why not just say, point taken. We get it and move back on to the basketball but no turnaround and attack someone. What big people you are.

Reply #502023 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

Don't like the comment about Nate Tomlinson either, he is a man who has had a baby with his partner/wife and your comments are feral and inappropriate

Reply #502024 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

annon, you have made your point time for you to CALM down.
Back to basketball for everyone else.

Reply #502028 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Who invited the Drama Llama. I thought we were talking about a basketball game here?

Reply #502050 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

I really hope I'm proven wrong , but based on his performances so far, I really struggle to see how Daniels was picked at #37.

Reply #502051 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

So asking for the use of the word RAPE to not be used to describe a basketball game is Drama.. Not one man has agreed.. This is the problem

Reply #502060 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Mcrae is a little selfish, but so were MJ and Kobe. And how many championships have they won?

In terms of game style he's a typical shooting guard like those two, and he has the ability to have an equivalent impact in the NBL as those two have in the NBA.

The real issue with United is lack of inside presence, rebounding, rim protection and low post play. Take out Barlow and replace him with a Matt Burston or a Luke Nevill, and this team would be much better. To a lesser degree, improvement would also be achieved by replacing Kickert or Macmillan with a banger as well. There’s a glaring weakness on this one dimensional roster.

Reply #502078 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

That 4th Quarter never existed. Anyone who says it did is a damn liar in my books.

Down the memory hole it goes.

Reply #502084 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Hang on, did someone just compare Mccrae to Kobe and MJ? Now thats inapparopriate!

Reply #502179 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dennis has been disappointing too. Wouldn't surprise me if he gets the chop

Reply #502181 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

LV, MJ and Kobe won championships by buying into a system and trusting their teammates. McRae is 0/2 on those at the moment.

Reply #502182 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would Seth Scott have suited United?

Reply #502186 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Paul, agreed but Mcrae has time yet to learn the system and learn how to trust his teammates.

I was merely making 2 points: 1. Raw ability, he has what it takes to do in the NBL what MJ/Kobe did in NBA. 2. Selfish individual play is usually a bad thing but it has been a hallmark of both of those guys on occasion.

Agree that Mcrae has a long way to go though.

Reply #502366 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Anon, based on Kickert's season to date Scott brought a similar offensive game but was a better shot blocker, rim protector and rebounder.

Reply #502367 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

However on the downside Kickert's shot selection is a bit more careful and despite his whinging, he isn't as much of a loose cannon as Scott was!

Reply #502368 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:41 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754