anon
Years ago

Why didn't Laura Hodges play yesterday?

Does anyone know why Laura Hodges didn't play yesterday?

Topic #35862 | Report this topic

annon  
Years ago

Calf problem at training earlier in the week. Her leadership was missed. Disappointed that Roberts camped in the key and just pushed and shoved her way around and only one call on her for a push. Hopefully back on track next week with a double header.

Reply #502079 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One player doesn't make a difference in setting an all time club record LOW in scoring 33 points !!!!!

Reply #502082 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Boti's report included this:

The absence with a calf injury of Opals vice-captain Laura Hodges could not have been more pronounced, though even her presence may not have made much difference, given the mood Bendigo was in.

Reply #502085 | Report this post

Lil' Lightning  
Years ago

Missed the game on sunday... what were the crowd numbers like?

Reply #502101 | Report this post

Who Me  
Years ago

Was a pretty reasonable crowd for a stand alone game when the 36ers were playing at exactly the same time.

Thought around 6-800?

Reply #502127 | Report this post

Lil' Lightning  
Years ago

Thats pretty good! Altho Sunday arvo time slot would have helped... unlike 5pm on a friday (i know as part of a double header... but who wants to start a professional womens basketball league game in front of 30 people??!! Regardless if by the final quarter a few thousand have made it in prior to the start of the sixers game)

Reply #502141 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

yes, Bendigo were hot on the hand, lightning were not. Bendigo were hot on the defence, most of lightning were not. Having said that, did not like the camping in the key way often for 10 seconds or more by Roberts who moved around the key like a pinball well beyond the allowable contact and looked like moving screens and pushes to me. Only 1 was called. She is taller than most of the lightning so getting them at shoulder height and on the chest must have been hard to take and some just avoided her others took the knocks. Not excusing what happened but I don't want to see that again unless Peris from the Rockets is on her and gives it back.

Reply #502152 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Wait... Lightning scored 33 points? How does that happen? 30-4 in a quarter?
This board would explode if the Sixers did that :P

Reply #502156 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:23 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754