PlaymakerMo
Years ago

Golden State @ Lakers 17/11/14

Kobe is 10/24 on field goals, 3/9 on treys and 5/9 on free throws for 28 points by half time...

Golden State up 74-55.

With a 1-8 record, Byron Scott's Kobe-centric strategy is working like a charm!

Topic #35913 | Report this topic

Jimbob  
Years ago

Who else do u want taking shots? Boozer, Lin, hill? Kobe might as well take the shots as everyone else on his team is awful.

Reply #503046 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Tanking already, so early in the season are they?

Reply #503047 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

They could do worse than offer Childress a gig.

Reply #503049 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Kobe gonna Kobe...

Reply #503055 | Report this post

Gordon Liddy  
Years ago

No strategy Scott could put in place would be any more effective. The Lakers roster is putrid and management is clearly tanking to protect their pick, which is the only strategy they have left that makes any sense.

Kobe may as well fire away and keep moving up the all-time scoring list. It's atleast interesting. In fact it's the only thing of interest this team could provide to anyone.

It's not even having a detrimental impact on the development of future players because the only young player the Lakers have that might legitimately have a future is on the sidelines all season with a broken leg.

Fire away Kobe. Fire away. Why the f**k not?

Reply #503059 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I like the NBA heaps better when the Lakers suck

Reply #503061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Worthy & Horry currently ripping Kobe for not getting other guys involved.

Horry (a former teammate) said the guy has won 5 championships and he doesn't know that already? Jordan figured it out and Hakeem figured it out but he still doesn't get it.

Loving it Kobe being torn to shreds for his selfish play now.

Reply #503062 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Worthy also said the fact Lin was 0-2 from the field at half-time the responsibility is on Kobe to get him more involved.

Reply #503063 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Horry still ripping Kobe saying the effort from the others isn't there because they're not getting the ball from Kobe and if he was out there he wouldn't be putting in much effort either.

Wow.

Normally in LA Kobe is a protected species but finally getting his due.

Reply #503064 | Report this post

Gordon Liddy  
Years ago

Anon #503062...What do you mean he's being torn to shreds for being selfish NOW? He had the exact same criticism in 2005, 2006 and 2007. The pattern, generally, is that when the Lakers are winning titles the media crawls all over Kobe saying how he's matured and is trusting his teammates more. When the Lakers are losing the media puts the blame on him for being selfish. It's okay - it's the price you pay for being the superstar. You take all the credit when it's not usually all yours and you take the blame when it's not usually all yours. But really, Kobe doesn't play dramatically different from season to season. The perception of him changes wildly depending on the success of the team.

Reply #503067 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

Kobe knows he isnt gonna make the play offs this year, he knows there is nothing really to play for.

Nothing except stats and records and thats what he is playing for right now and will all season.

Reply #503071 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

How good was Bogut today? Dominated at both ends.

Reply #503073 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gordon,

Sorry bud you don't know what you're talking about. Kobe has never gotten criticism like this from Lakers greats on the Lakers own TV channel!

Reply #503074 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They just said Kobe was coming off a poor performance with the flu, Kobe's still pulling that crap to excuse away his bad games.
The flu didn't stop him jacking up 34 shots in just 31 minutes tonight!

Reply #503079 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I think Kobe is playing more selfishly this year than ever before, even moreso than that season he averaged 36.

Reply #503082 | Report this post

Darryl  
Years ago

Expect a lot more 40 point games a from Kobe and losses to go with them.

Reply #503085 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Bogut had a great game. Shame he couldn't get more minutes but I guess that comes with a blowout win.

Reply #503100 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Couple of points here.

1, some people are asking what else could Byron Scott do? How about just sub the clown out and sit him until he realises that his team can score without him. Players like him kill teams. How are his teammates going to get better if they never see the ball. Absolute ego-maniac. I hope he goes through the season without another win. They lose anyway. At least lose making young guys better.

2. I raised this point the other day. Bogut not getting on the court in the last quarter. People say other players were playing well so Kerr decided to go with them. What, and sit out the guy he has supposedly built his offence around for the entire last quarter of a loss?? Then today he is ripping it up and the same thing happens. Has like 10 and 7 in the first quarter, sits the first 6 minutes of the second and then doesn't play in the last?????
Lets see Curry and Thompson sit for the last quarter because a bench player is playing well. Something wierd about the subbing.

Reply #503117 | Report this post

Jimbob  
Years ago

How are the lakers gona score without Kobe tho anon?

Reply #503118 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Ummm, Curry and Thompson haven't played in the last quarters of the last 2 games.

Reply #503120 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jimbob,

With ball and player movement, kinda like that spurs team do even when their best players are sitting on the side line.

Reply #503123 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fair call anon but still hard to imagine a team with hill boozer and lin being there next best players being able to score much

Reply #503125 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It doesn't matter at all if they are going to score much, in fact they could lose games by 40. All that is happening at present is that they are pandering to some self obsessed 36 year old who thinks he is more important than the rest of the team. Let him play on his own and then have the other 14 play without him. I bet I know which option does better. . . . and will do even better next season when all of the others have some belief that the coach has faith in them and won't put one supposed superstar ahead of the rest of the team.

@ Speed44 You 1 me 0. I hadn't realised. Shines a complete new light on Kerr for me, I sort of liked him before but now I really rate him.

Reply #503136 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I suspect Kerr is very wary of Bogut's injury issues the last couple of seasons and has no intention of playing him if not needed. Particularly with Lee's current injury. Think Kerr is managing him very well.

Reply #503263 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Dirk and Duncan are not playing loads of minutes either. Teams are protecting valuable players through the grind of the season whenever they can.

Reply #503269 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How are the lakers gona score without Kobe tho anon?

They seemed to be able to score and win games last season without him, now he's back and made the team worse.

Reply #503297 | Report this post

Murray Magpie  
Years ago

Well said anon ^

You bonehead. Last years team had Gasol nick young earl Clarke etc.

This years lakers team is by far the worst team in the NBA. Look at the stats of that gam, the team shot in the 20% fg range. No wonder Kobe jacked up 40 points. Boozer and Johnson combined for 6/30 fgs

Reply #503307 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:30 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754