Anonymous
Years ago

Victorian Class of 2016 under rated players?

We tend to hear of your Tom Wilsons, Jack whites and DJ's, but what Victorian players have great potential but are not recognised? What 5 would you list?

Topic #35926 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not 2016, but 2015 Remo Simankeviscius (Melbourne). Should be in the Vic U20 team.

Mason Peatling - Dandenong
Mitch McCarthy - Melbourne/Frankston

Reply #503284 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Trent McMullin

Reply #503375 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

tim malloy leigh - warragul
sebastiano lamonato - blackburn
trent mcmullan - wodonga
jon sharp - wodonga
tom doedee - geelong

Reply #503449 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doedee gone to football

Reply #503451 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Tim's much loved by his peers, I believe he has left the national program for now. He got recognition for his efforts at the last 18's Nationals, as did the others. He also has been at several COE camps over the years.

Seb is strong and solid and I believe is a college prospect, not sure if he has completed year 12 yet? He played Big V last season as well as VC and is working hard to improve his game.

Trent has improved heaps and got a call up to COE camp but he didn't get too many opportunities at worlds earlier this year, he will continue to improve and is a talent for sure.

Jon is a great team player, I am not sure where his basketball future lies but he gives it 110% on court and is a super athlete.

Tom may be heading to football, not really taking basketball to the next level from what I know.

I don't really know Remo, Mason or Mitch as have not seen them play much...

Reply #503452 | Report this post

Doedee training with Geelong Falcons. Did not try out for VJBL.

Reply #503504 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mitch McCarthy - Melbourne Tigers ( ridiculously athletic and a strong spot up shooter. Also defends the rim very well )
Trent McMullen - Wodonga (very versatile, great shooter and reasonably athletic )
T
- they are the only wings that I could see that are underrated and will go big time.

Reply #503914 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is big time, to you anon^? What do you consider this to be?

Reply #503927 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big time as in will be very successful college players

Reply #504096 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That is interesting because some may consider college as a stepping stone to the big time, but each to their own. College is still pretty good if you can get there.

Reply #504108 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Michael D'Agostino - Blackburn
As a 16 year old he won the(BIG V Div 1. Mens)Rookie of the year/Rising Star award in 2014.
In 15 games he averaged 14.5 points at 50% and 7.5 rebounds per game.

Reply #504114 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Daggers

Ha ha

Reply #504115 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Solid boy (Daggers), a medium big who loves his mid range shot, has college potential for sure, just has to refine his defensive game and not get frustrated so often.

Reply #504117 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

What do you mean Ha ha?
Jack White in 9 games averaged 8.6 points at 37% and 6.3 rebounds per game in the same competition (Big V Div 1. Mens 2014) I thought this was a thread about under rated players? D'Agostino is one of those.

Reply #504118 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks for info on Tim. Where is the other Country Victorian big,Jacob Popavac.He was in both U16 side 2012 and U18 side this year.

Reply #504178 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jacob is class of 2015, will be playing youth league next year then probably go to college end of season.

Reply #504187 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks my bad, thought Popavac played with Doedee and same age as Tim. YL with geelong i presume.

Reply #504212 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Correct, he played with those boys but he went into school early and has just graduated year 12, unlike most of his team mates he has been doing VCE this year.

Yes, YLD1 with Supercats and looking forward to it.

Reply #504224 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get a grip, Ha Ha is like " Yeeeaahh " Daggers

Kid can play, is underrated and will do well.

Man

Reply #504243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ah ha is like yeah, ha ha is more like ha ha!

Just sayin' man.

Reply #504246 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:30 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754