TC
Years ago

Boguts first game

Bogut appears to have struggled in his first game against average opposition (at best) with 7 points in 28 minutes as well as 5 fouls in the first half. Check out the game report here..
http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/gam
eday/bucks_recap_050715.html

I'll be interested to see how he responds in the next game, as it wont take too long for the doubters to start voicing their opinons.

Topic #3593 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

Lebron didn't play very good in his first summer league during his rookie year either.

Reply #41805 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Let him settle in. He didn't get to where he's at now if he didn't have potential.

Reply #41811 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Have a look at the Bucks roster, what's the bet Bogut got double if not tripled teamed, as it's a NBDL squad bar Bogut.

Reply #41816 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Also, remember that Summer League is full of And1 players looking for a season of splinters at the end of someones bench, hence the lack of any real decent team motion offence which Bogut thrives in....

It was interesting too see NZer Kirk Penney is suiting up for the Bucks. He did alright, scored 18 points. He's been referred to as a poor mans Fred Hoiberg...

Reply #41817 | Report this post

MELHOOPS  
Years ago

Fair Go TC, first game and you're already out to get him. He only had 6 shots, made 3. 50% shooting, not bad, led the game in blocks and he would have been targeted no doubt.

Reply #41827 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

Sheish, what I provided up the top was merely a brief overview of how Bogut went in his first game, by no means am I out to *get him*. He struggled, but so what? I dont seem to remember bagging him in the post. What I am more interested in is seeing how he improves and handles the pressure of being a foreign no.1 draft pick. And realistically, there are people out there to bag him from day 1, make him out to be the next draft flop. For the record, i think he will be a solid NBA player.

Reply #41828 | Report this post

Degenerate  
Years ago

TC actually did quote mostly from the website, maybe to avoid confusion you should use "-"

Reply #41836 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

In their second game, Bogut had 21 points and 13 boards. Shot 5-9 from the field and went 11-16 from the line.

More info

Reply #41848 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Cant wait till Mr Bogut meet Mr O'neal!
That will be a game to watch ESPN!

Reply #42068 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:26 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754