The truth
Years ago

Kwame Brown Deal..

The Deal Looks as good as done between the wizards and the lakers ... The deal Seems to be Caron Butler a player with alot of potential had a great opening season with the heat .... but did strugle at the lakers ... And Chucky Atkins .... For Brown who after being drafted number 1 hasnt shown anything and been a Major dissapointment probally the most disapointing number 1 Pick along with Joe Smith.... Intrested to hear peoples thoughts on this trade ... For me its a major Mistake for the Lakers ... Only postive i can see is it will let Odom Play Shooting Forward again ... apart from that its a bad trade...

Topic #3594 | Report this topic

TR  
Years ago

I'm glad it's the Lakers.... Anything to make the Lakers worse can only good a good thing..

What's the bet LA now becomes a Clipper city. They look a whole lot better than the Lakers.

Reply #41815 | Report this post

Seb007  
Years ago

I think that if the Lakers pick up Antonio Daniels from the Sonics that they will look like a decent team. Only problem is that they need a legit C (Brown is a PF)

PG Daniels/Tierre Brown
SG Kobe/?
SF Odom/George/Jones
PF Brown/Grant/Turlaf
C Mihm/Brown/Bynum

With Phil using the triangle offense I think they'd go

Daniels

Kobe Brown

Not bad but not championship quality. But if the Zen Meister brings the good out of Kwame, they good be a darkhorse come playoff time. Would have rathered Eddy Curry than Brown though. More strength on him.

Cheers!!!

Seb007

Reply #41826 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The number one pick routine is very overated, Joe Smith my not be an Allstar player, but he has had a very serviceable career, and started off well, before becoming more of a roll player.

Reply #41840 | Report this post

bootleg  
Years ago

Yeah Joe can play, this could be Kwame Browns big year with a good season two years ago and last season besides the obvious not bad stat wise he could brake out. He has the tools hopeful he can get it together. But then there is the other side he may not be able to hold it together under the circus that is the Lakers and completely go of track

That's my take!

Reply #41899 | Report this post

Undersized pf  
Years ago

im a lakers fan and i see this move is just to get them out of salary cap crisis. There cap struggles and at the moment there just tryin to fix the franchise up financially. Then build from there.

I know lakers are a rich club but you still gotta sort out your finances and set the team up properly

Reply #41903 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

How would the Trade Help Finances ... Correct me if im wrong but i wouldnt have thought...Butler or Atkins Would have Huge Contract .. Id say it would be one man Putting the Lakers In Cap Trouble..

Reply #41905 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Atkins will be taking home 4.5 million whilst Butler is taking home 2.5 million (still on rookie contract). I'm thinking Brown will resigned for about 5-7 mill. Not much in it really for cap purposes.

Reply #41926 | Report this post

ShutUp!!  
Years ago

The Truth,

Slightly off the subject, but come on, Joe Smith & Kwame Brown will/have eaten the "Kandi Man" for breakfast.
Clippers still rule for worst overall Number 1

Reply #41962 | Report this post

Undersized pf  
Years ago

You'd be surprised how much it helps.

Moving out the way some dead weight. Wasted cash (e.g Chuchy atkins) atleast the cash is used on a proper player who can be useful.

Reply #41988 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Nup, the worst ever No 1 has to be Pervis Ellison who was selcted by the Kings..... He was even worse than the Kandi Man.

Chucky Atkins is a pretty good PG, he's no starter but he's a more than servicable backup considering he averaged over 10ppg last season.

The Lakers now have absolutely no PG at all...

Reply #41993 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Kwame needs to put on 10kgs of muscle, 10 reasons of motivation and one hell of a heart transplant before i rate him as a good player

Reply #42067 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:25 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754