Anonymous
Years ago

Is this guy the next NBA superstar ?

I actually prefer to watch NBL over NBA but I do watch the odd NBA game.

Admittedly this guy is very young but looks like he may have huge potential.

Hopefully we see him do battle with Isaac Humphries in the future.

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/deandre-ayton

Topic #35951 | Report this topic

MACDUB  
Years ago

Jahlil Okafor is the next big thing.

Reply #503614 | Report this post

Jimbob  
Years ago

The next nba superstar is anthony Davis!

Reply #503617 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So, he is 16 and is smashing it at school against his own age group due to his size and athletic ability, great I know of kids here doing that too.

The bio does however put things into perspective, far too early to predict anything other than his speculative potential.

Reply #503620 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't see anything special in Ayton. Moderate athleticism, tall for his age. Next.

Reply #503625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Moderate athlete?

That's why NBA experts are giving his athleticism 10/10

Reply #503626 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ben simmons

Reply #503628 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have a look at that site and see who is predicted to go Number 1 in 2016

Reply #503629 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who?

Reply #503632 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

yeah im looking forward to see how the draft lottery fall at seasons end. most sites seem to have okafor c , towns c and mudiay pg as the top 3.

lakers and philly will surely finish last. whether or not the lottery falls their way who knows but cant see philly picking up another c unless they trade one away.

Reply #503636 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I really like this quote from his bio. It is so accurate and even more so given the title of the thread.

"So many young bigman preps in the internet age have peaked (at 15-16 years of age) and as soon as the hype hit, their development halted (Renardo Sydney, Derrick Caracter, Jeremy Tyler, the list goes on) ... How well Ayton and his group of advisors are able to keep the distractions out, and continue his progression towards becoming a pro, will be crucial ... The media attention is just beginning and losing the ability to be a kid at such a young age is difficult ... It will be important for Ayton to learn how to say no, and develop the right work habits and learn what to focus on on a day to day basis maximize his abilities"

Same goes with Thon Maker and Issac Humphries. Kids are being called stars before they have developed a rounded game.

Reply #503646 | Report this post

Darryl  
Years ago

( I don't see anything special in Ayton. Moderate athlete, tall for his age. Next)

Seems he has a hater already haha.

Reply #503652 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ben Simmons will be the next superstar

Reply #503708 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No ben simmons wont

Reply #503715 | Report this post

Ranger Nation  
Years ago

EXUM!

Reply #504205 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:21 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754