Mick
Years ago

Bleacher Report: Exum should be starting now

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2261930-its-time-for-the-utah-jazz-to-prioritize-dante-exum-over-trey-burke

Quick read comparing Exum with Trey Burke, concluding that Exum should be starting for the Jazz NOW.

Topic #35970 | Report this topic

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Cue the 'Where's the haters now?' comments...

Reply #503999 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Very good read, that article. I think the Jazz know what they are doing, looks like a future team to watch for sure!

Reply #504001 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Beast Mode

Reply #504008 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

He had an interesting point about the different games of Burke Vs Exum and how they could both benefit from switching spots:

"(Exum) is pass-first all the way, almost to a fault. That makes more sense with Hayward, Favors, Alec Burks and Enes Kanter, all of whom can score. With a second unit devoid of scorers, Exum's unselfishness can contribute to a stagnant attack...

...Burke could settle into the opportunity to be aggressive in a lineup that actually needs him to be, and against other players without top-tier physical tools."

Reply #504037 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I think what Chad Ford has to say in the middle of the article captures the situation perfectly:

"I mentioned this last week and feel even stronger about it this week after talking to sources close to the Jazz. They know Exum is going to be amazing and quite possibly their franchise player. He's not ready yet. He has to get stronger to handle all the contact he gets. But he's got the tools, has the basketball IQ, has the work ethic to be GREAT. And his jump shot is dramatically improving. Fast forward two years and he's likely Utah's No. 1 option. But it's early and I think they are erring on the side of patience right now. He doesn't need to be, nor is he ready to be THE guy right now. I think Burke might start the whole season. But by next year, or the year after, this will be Exum's team to run."

Exum's developing nicely right now off the bench without too much pressure. I think if they throw him into the starting lineup the best guards in the league will expose his weaknesses and dent his confidence. Better to bring him along slowly I think, while he works on his weaknesses and makes his mistakes out of the spotlight.

Reply #504132 | Report this post

jimmy needles  
Years ago

Burke is ahead of him right now without question. Exum's time will come to join the starters, just not this season (barring injury).

Reply #504146 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:13 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754