Tom
Years ago

Greg Oden in the NBL.

Do you guys think that Greg Oden would be a good pick up for an NBL team? It ink he would bring a lot of buzz to the league and he obviously has talent but would he hold up injury-wise?

Topic #35974 | Report this topic

Tom  
Years ago

I think*

Reply #504051 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Firstly he would never come here, and second i actually think it would be bad in a way. He would be so dominant just from a physical perspective that his team would just lob the ball in the pain and let him turn and slam. A big name would be great but unless we can get china money I think our league is best served going after the 2nd rounders like we are starting to do.

Reply #504053 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

If he was fit enough to play NBL, he'd be playing NBA.
He's too good to be playing here, his body just won't let him play anywhere.

Reply #504056 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Firstly and foremost Oden is a coward for punching a woman in the face so we would never want him here in the first place.

Also even if he wasn't a coward I think he wouldn't be as dominate as joshuapending says. He isn't the beast he use to be. He is now slow and can barely last 15 minutes in the NBA.

Reply #504057 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

What Joshuapending said! Recent interview admitted he is dealing with life issues at moment. Suffers depression and alcoholism.... tough being the new age Sam Bowie!

Reply #504058 | Report this post

Black Panther  
Years ago

Reply #504071 | Report this post

Black Panther  
Years ago

Sam Bowie played 511 games in the NBA over ten years (11year span) and scored 5554 points. Greg Oden 105 games over 3 seasons (6 year span) and 840 points scored. Oden wishes he was the new age Bowie.

Reply #504072 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

If he's convicted of violence against a woman than sod him. Anyone who commits this kind of violence shouldn't be allowed in the NBL.

Reply #504094 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He wpuldnt be allowed in the country.

Reply #504098 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

"Anyone who commits this kind of violence shouldn't be allowed in the NBL"

Though I understand that assault on a man is obviously less serious than assault on a woman, what about Leon Henry? And Te Rangi?

Reply #504104 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

KingJames you don't speak for everyone.

Let's face it the woman was probably being mouthy who knows the full story. If he hit a man no one would care which is sexist.

Oh and good point how NZ Breakers beating ppl up was brushed aside because they were only male no doubt, very good point.

Oh and to Oden himself - depressed and alcoholism - are you kidding me - on $$$ in the NBA and he is unhappy - oh boo hoo hoo someone has it too good and has no idea about the real world.

Reply #504153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"KingJames you don't speak for everyone" was in reply to not wanting Oden over here. Why not we already have many assaulters in the league like the Breakers players.

Reply #504155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and I almost forgot the Perth Wildcats the whole squad assault the opposition game after game.

Reply #504156 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

"Let's face it the woman was probably being mouthy who knows the full story." so if a woman is being mouthy it is fine to punch her in the face? Great logic there

Reply #504162 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He won't come to Australia.

Reply #504165 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

KingJames answer the other points, don't just cherry pick.

Reply #504167 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

152, the guy suffers from depression. The fact that he makes big $$$$ is completely irrelevant. Depression doesn't discriminate based on salary. You obviously have no idea.

Secondly, what has whether the woman was being mouthy have to do with anything? Hitting a woman is not Ok NO MATTER WHAT.

Ridiculously insensitive.

Reply #504179 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oops, sorry...153.

Reply #504185 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

Exactly how many games would he be expected to go into beast mode in the NBL for his signing to be classed a success?

Reply #504193 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

179 maybe he is depressed because he had it too good, i.e. $$$ and NBA. He doesn't know what a real life entails and didn't have the skills or body to last in the NBA. He should be HAPPY he got a few seasons worth of $$$$ for being injured instead of being depressed because he didn't make it. Most people in the world are starving yet this guy is depressed that playing a sport didn't work out for him hmm I agree he needs to get a GRIP.

Reply #504350 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

350, I don't think you understand depression. You can't say that someone with depression "SHOULD be happy" or needs to "get a grip".

Depression is an illness. Your comments are disgraceful and no different than telling someone with cancer to get over it.

Grow up.

Reply #504355 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:45 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754