Anonymous
Years ago

United owner standing at end of their bench

Watched the UtdTigers v Perth replay and notice the Do Do guy standing at the end of their bench.

Why is he not sitting in the stand like the others?

Topic #35995 | Report this topic

Harry Hackrein  
Years ago

He does own the club, surely he can do what he wants? Seamus used to wonder around and sit in his box when he was in charge. No diff is it?

Reply #504563 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think "Seamus did it too" is any sort of reason for anyone to do anything but I agree, it doesn't really matter. He can do as he pleases.

Reply #504564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's because he wants to be "part of the team" .... If I was the coach I would think there is a trust issue. That he wants to get involved in time outs.

He has no ability to help or change the course of the game. Shouldn't be there in my opinion.

Reply #504585 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I regularly see dean Parker walking around and standing near the Sixers bench, giving people high fives. What's the problem?

Reply #504607 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

No problem with an owner supporting the team like that

Reply #504614 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ive sat near the united bench on a few games, the owner is only there supporting his players, he doesnt interfere with the coaching, he will every now and then give a supporting tap on the back or high five to the players and thats about it.

Reply #504660 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Pretty sure Mark Cuban is always on the end of the bench or behind the bench at a large number of Dallas games.

If the owners isn't trying to make calls or getting involved and just supporting surely it can't hurt.

If anything have owners with real passion for the team can only be good for the NBL/bball in general!

Reply #504739 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Cuban sits in the stands, doesn't he? Often near the baseline?

Reply #504750 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

At most away games he is the row right behind the bench. (some home games aswell)

Reply #504775 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Owners should sit in the stands or a corp box! Players don't want to see them giving high fives and Coaches don't want to see them at all during the games. Its about the team and support staff only, not the owners hanging around like a wet rag!

Owners standing at the end of the bench is not passion! IMO most don't know what passion feel like!

Reply #504809 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Owners standing at the end of the bench is passive aggressive behaviour IMO.

Reply #504856 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Owners would be damned either way.

If they watch from their ivory tower they are out of touch, arrogant, unapproachable, self centred etc

If they hang around the stands and bench, they are interfering, controlling the coach, harassing staff, not looking after corporates etc

Reply #504858 | Report this post

King Podge  
Years ago

I'd like to see him suit up and join in the pre game layup drills......

Reply #504883 | Report this post

Harry Hackrein  
Years ago

No one has suggested the United owner interfering during the game have they?

Reply #504886 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Here's another example of why the NBL is struggling at management level.

It Doesn't matter if he owns the team, he needs to know his place, equally unless he's listed as part of the coaching staff the venue staff should insist he go back to his seat..

Reply #504887 | Report this post

Harry Hackrein  
Years ago

He needn't be on the team sheet at all. Again no one has suggested it. He would have an AAA pass and can go / be anywhere if he chooses.

Reply #504888 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nothing wrong with it good to see passion like that as long as he knows where to draw the line unlike seamus

Reply #504889 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:15 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754