anony
Years ago

Childress' ref-baiting move: The Childrop

Need a new term for Childress forward Flops. 4 fouls called yesterday for him simply leaning so far forward on the turn, slipping and falling on his face. We have the Flophage,

Now we have Childrop ! Don't be fooled Refs, there is no foul in it just an experienced player pushing the rules, getting up and laughing in the oppositions face because he knows he is due for a gig at NIDA.

Topic #36003 | Report this topic

observer  
Years ago

get a life anony. why do "dickheads" always want to pull achievers down????

Why not sit back and enjoy his skills and what he brings to the NBL??

Are you jealous because you are a non achiever??

Reply #504752 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Which player doesn't accentuate contact to get the call.

Every player does it.

Childress isn't a flopper.

If you watch him, you'll see that he gets hit pretty hard when fouled. Teams do this because they recognise his strength in finishing and want to take away from the 3 point play.

"getting up and laughing in the oppositions face" - he was probably amused by Motum's smack talking.

I don't know how anyone can really hate on Childress. Big name in the league, plays hard, plays fair (minus the one-off Wagstaff incident) and genuinely wants his team to win and has leadership qualities.

He is a massive upgrade on the likes of Sam Young, Carlos Powell etc. who only cared about buckets.

Reply #504758 | Report this post

Ganymede 86  
Years ago

Agreed with MacDub how can u not like Childress? Outside of the Perth incident. He's unselfish and seems like a good teammate and person. Read his articles on the daily telegraph.

Reply #504759 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

The guy is the best player in the league hands down and plays hard every game.

Reply #504762 | Report this post

Woody Venkat  
Years ago

Chidress gets hammered by like 3 cats when he takes it into traffic half the time never gets a call. Aussie refs calling travels for a spin move. I am a referee for BA and I never call it. I work with refs that call travel on that all the time. Biggest BS call. The level of officiating in this courty is nothing xhort of deplorable. Look after the ball handler yeah right.

Reply #504777 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Childress is extremely likeable, although Jackson isn't that far behind him as the best player, as he showed on Friday. Can't wait to see those two on the same court again this week, a lot of "wow" moments.

But Childress is getting bail-out calls, good players everywhere get them. Ennis got a lot early last season and then had to adjust once the refs did, and I noticed Childress not get a couple he was getting this week so the same may be happening.

Reply #504780 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree Mystro McRae is doing some good things but Childress is far and away the best player in the league. Watching him the class shines through he's still decent NBA level quality role player.

The only reason he doesn't average 40 is because he's so unselfish almost to a fault. He just fills up the stat sheet. 2nd in scoring, 1st in rebounds, 1st in FG%, 1st in blocks and 5th in assists. It's nuts.

The way he goes about it too other than the Wagstaff incident he seems not only a total pro but genuinely enjoys his teammates successes unlike Sam Young who's body language suggested he didn't care one iota.

With a once in a lifetime talent like him playing in the NBL I just hope it does eventuate that he comes back to the Kings next season. If marketed astutely he could be the thing that gets the NBL a decent TV deal for next season and beyond.

Reply #504787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woody Venkat please enlighten us to how you are a referee for BA? What competition do they administer to allow you to hold the title as a BA referee lol

Reply #504792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think there was one call was when he clearly slipped on the floor but a foul was called on creek. It was clearly a slip and he is definately not in the redhage or wagstaff flop bracket.

Reply #504801 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

The call on Childress when he slipped, Creek still had a hand on him slightly and it could have looked from behind that the hand was pushing him.. A wrong call as it was clearly proven on the baseline camera, but it's not as bad as the ones they missed...

Pretty sure it's just a case of sour grapes from anony, as like everyone has said above, apart from the Wagstaff-related brain snap (or in some cases, maybe because of it) he's been a class act on and off the court, and could easily average 30+ per game if he wasn't so unselfish and more like Sam Young...

Reply #504818 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Childress is good, if the refs take the bait blame the refs as they are incompetent, why hate on J-Child. God I hate the refs, grrr!

Reply #504839 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

they decided to call a lotta travels yesterday

Reply #504851 | Report this post

jumpshot  
Years ago

Ref baiting move?? Are you kidding you idiot. There was a move when he fell flat on his back and head after 4 guys monstered him and no foul called.

Reply #504963 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As in I have passed my tests and worked my way up the rankings with Basketball Australia and work as a Referee for the last decade. So i see how the game is officiated at the grass roots level. The discrepancies between 1 ref and the other are so wide there is no consistency in the way games are called these days.

Reply #504965 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ummm basketball Australia dont employ referees (well they do pay WNBL) but other than that your are a referee for your state association, VBRA NSWB, BSA etc etc you arent a Basketball Australia referee.

Reply #504969 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:33 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754