Grovermister
Years ago

Half Court Shots - Adelaide Arena

Since the 36ers after half time decided not to show up and the only highlight was a childress dunk, which i missed due to a very hot and restless 2 and a half year old...(Was it unbearably hot for others in the Arena Yesterday?)...

I was wondering when the last time that 2 consecutive half court shots were made at the arena...(Well technically 3... with murray the magpie also sinking his half court prayer...)

Is it the first time that consecutive half court shots have been sunk at the arena? (i know murray has done it at least once and i know that a spectactor has done it now 3 times in my memory...)

Topic #36004 | Report this topic

Tornado  
Years ago

Govermister...wouldn't be 3 in a row because Murray missed his first attempt yesterday.

Reply #504744 | Report this post

Grovermister  
Years ago

well... 2 shots from the spectators for the 1k in a row... and 2 in a row on the day...

still gotta be some sort of record...?

Reply #504747 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

I have seen 3 guys make the half court shot, all of them play Morphett Vale social ball. We got range down south!

Reply #504755 | Report this post

Grovermister  
Years ago

Dave, all at the powerhouse/distinctive homes dome/adelaide arena for a prize at half time in a 36ers game?

or are you just talking generally?

Reply #504770 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

All at the dome, for a prize, at half time... I play against the guys that hit the last 2 and a guy that hit one a year or 2 ago when it was a 5k shot. There may have been others that made the shot but they are the only ones I have witnessed, all play at Morphett Vale and are all reasonable shooters too.

Reply #504788 | Report this post

Grovermister  
Years ago

nice!

Reply #504791 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

when it was 5k they picked people who had no chance in making it. now its only 1K they are picking younger people.
The guy that hit all 3 and few years back and won 5.6k only got to shoot as they actually picked his mum out of the crowd but she was too nervous or something and got him to do it.

Reply #504800 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

yeah I noticed that. I remember a few times the ball didn't even make it to the 3 point line...

Reply #504811 | Report this post

Rasheed30  
Years ago

15 or so years ago my seat was chosen to shoot for the car, so as I was wearing a pair of 6" Timberlands I thought I better swap with my brother and put on his sneakers to make it easier when I run up to the halfway line and shoot.
When I went down to the players race to take the shot one of the people in charge remembered me from State League and said our insurance won't cover the cost of the car.
I had to get someone else from my family to take the shot. So in the end my brother had to come running down the stairs untied 6" Timbs and all and got nowhere near the Basket.
Crazy thing was I actually had a dream the night before that I was getting called up for the shot & obviously hit it. Only in my dreams!!!

Reply #504822 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:09 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754