Isaac
Years ago

Australian U21 team beats Qatar

I think this was game three for the U21 Crocs. They beat Greece 82-75 in the opener, then lost 88-94 to Israel.

They beat Qatar 95-70. Brad Newley had 18, Steve Markovic and Blagoj Janev had 17. The team is being coached by Guy Molloy.

They play Greece again today I think, then move to Slovenija for three games (two against Slovenija and one against Croatia).

The World Youth Championships in Argentina start on the 5th of August.

Topic #3602 | Report this topic

Satish Dogra  
Years ago

Argentina, eh?

Why don't we get projected future Sixers owner L. Hewitt to sit on our bench and yell "C'MON!"s and just generally stir the crowd up with boorish behaviour.

I'm sure that will help our chances - it certainly worked for us over the weekend in the tennis. :)

Reply #41940 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Australia also backed that up to beat Greece 88-87.

Excerpt From the Tiser

"AUSTRALIA has completed the Greek leg of its European youth basketball tour by edging Greece 88-87 in Athens.

Brad Newley top scored with 22 points, while Ben Allen (17), Aaron Bruce (12) and Adam Gibson (nine) were all valuable contributors in the Crocs' win.

Australia lead 27-20 at quarter time, before jumping out to a 49-39 advantage at the half.

Greece fought back to nearly snatch victory, but were held at bay by an Allen three-pointer, Rhys Carter steal and Blagoj Janev tip in, in the final minutes.

The Crocs next play three games in Slovenia before heading to North America later this month in preparation for the World Youth Championships in August."

Reply #42018 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:51 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754