Phil Blake
Years ago

"Lost" Basketball

This is a request to the wider club basketball fraternity

I know this is a long shot but my son lost his Molten GF basketball at the recent Year 10 schools knockout finals day at Wayville.

We have approached the stadium and they do not have it.

The ball is clearly marked with his name - Austin Blake and our home phone number.

We have left it go for a while in the hope that the person who "found" it might call us to return it.

We know that not all the kids playing that day are club players so we are asking that if anyone sees this ball to please approach an appropriate teacher or coach to get it returned.

Again the phone number is on the ball, otherwise please contact Sturt basketball club.

Thanks in advance

Topic #36088 | Report this topic

crocsfan  
Years ago

Seriously? Its a basketball...buy the kid a new one!

Reply #506645 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Valuable life lesson for the youngster to value possessions, but gives you the opportunity for an extra Chrissie present.

BTW Is your brother Joe?

Reply #506649 | Report this post

Gman  
Years ago

I'm disappointed , I thought this was gonna be a Bball related topic to the epic TV series "Lost".
Pretty sure you're basketballs on the island, ask for John Locke or Sawyer.

Reply #506651 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've lost at least 10 in my lifetime....it goes with the territory.

My guess is your name is already off it

Reply #506653 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seriously crocsfan? you are so helpful...hope you are not a parent !

Reply #506657 | Report this post

Observer  
Years ago

Wayville has rubbed off the name and has kept it for a day down the near future to use.

Reply #506693 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is wrong with you people. Many assumptions made. My children have lost 3 $70 balls they use for district and all not their fault losing them. One was picked up from the court my children placed it down on while they were shooting waiting for a game. Some teens apparently helped themselves and took off with it because it is okay then to just take something that is not yours. Righteo. I'll come to yours then and grab what I ;like and see if you think that is okay. . Another was taken from my other childs bag and the other from a chair while they were on court. Next I will just grab your car keys from the seat next to you and go to the carpark and see which car beeps and grab some stuff from your car. Your fault for not looking after your keys. you should have your eyes on them the entire time. All named and near them and taken by disrespectful thief's. And what kind of parent/people have a ball in their home with a name/number marked in a paint marker that you can not remove and think it is okay. You make a joke but families can not always afford another ball. The new balls required are up at the $100 mark and then there is fees, entry petrol, etc cost. So you keyboarders who have no understanding of the subject make jokes I am here just thinking what idiots you are and self centre morons... I hope you find your ball OP !

Reply #506729 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

729, well said. What a bunch of lowlifes some of these other posters must be. What is wrong with the world that people have such attitudes?

Reply #506737 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This attitude reflects respect and entitlement. People nowadays do not respect anybody but themselves and other peoples property. "why should I worry about something that doesnt effect me"! It is sad that more and more people are becoming more about me than us. "I deserve this because im better" kind of attitude.

Reply #506740 | Report this post

maxymoo  
Years ago

Please - it's not a reflection on the morality of a generation.

Balls get stolen ....balls get accidentally taken - it is a sad fact of life.

First world problem though.

Reply #506752 | Report this post

Wonders  
Years ago

I wonder if crocsfan and maxymoo would respond the same way if OP asked them in person.

Reply #506757 | Report this post

Leighton  
Years ago

Hope it turns up Phil!

Reply #506764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the OP needs to stop being so cheap and buy a new ball.

Reply #506765 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can't be certain, but I think I saw it. was it round by any chance?

Reply #506773 | Report this post

maxymoo  
Years ago

Would I say it's a sad fact of life .....yep.

Would you cuddle the OP and say a prayer to St Anthony for return of said ball? .....if yes, then I would 1st world problem.

Reply #506774 | Report this post

Michael  
Years ago

Willllllsoooonnnnn!!!!!!

Reply #506777 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Phil Blake I hope you find your son's ball.

crocsfan - you are an imbecile.

I like how Phil is trying to locate the ball. Nowadays when kids lose a possession they are automatically bought a new one. I remember back in my day (not long ago in fact) I had to look after my toys including basketball. If I lost it I wasn't getting a new one anytime soon.

Reply #506812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This thread is funny

Reply #506863 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:22 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754