thumper
Years ago

finals

with the finals being played this weekend. can anyone tell me when the games are and whos playing who?

Topic #3609 | Report this topic

ShutUp!!  
Years ago

Game Times should be announced later today, but I am sure games will be: -

Men
Qualifying Final
Sturt v Woodville @ Pasadena
Elimination Final
Eastern v West @ Mt Barker

Forestville to play winner of Sturt v Woodville at Wayville and loser of Sturt v Woodville to host winner of Eastern v West in second week.

Women
Qualifying Final
South v Forestville @ Marion
Elimination Final
Sturt v Eastern @ Pasadena

North to play winner of South v Forestville at Hillcrest and loser of South v Forestville to host winner of Sturt v Eastern in second week.

Reply #41954 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I'm thinking Eastern will come up trumps in the Mens. Should be a good close game!!

Reply #41969 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

With Truslove back, I don't think so.

Reply #41972 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I don't think Blake can play, hasn't qualified.

If I'm wrong, I agree he will make a huge difference. Bungy and Trebilcock dominated the paint on Friday. Warhurst etc drove off the pump-fake without any challenge.

Reply #41975 | Report this post

So let's say Woodville and West win. It's Woodville v Forestville and West v Sturt, right? And the loser out of W v F plays the winner out of W v S, right? The winner out of W v F also gets the week off, right?

Reply #41978 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

right

Reply #41983 | Report this post

ShutUp!!  
Years ago

Truslove has only played 6 games (according to Hoops SA stats) and I am pretty sure that you need to play 40% of the games to qualify. 40% of 18 is 7.2 which means Blake needed to play 2 more.

Reply #41989 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

From a reliable source......

6 games to qualify.

Reply #41994 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

dude isnt playing, he had surgery last week.

Reply #41995 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hear blake was given a injury wavier for the first 6 games of the season add them to the 6 he has played = Qualified.
They operate on his foot on the monday after the first final.....

Reply #42008 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

To be eligible for ABL finals you must play 40% of games which translate to 7.2 games which is rounded up to 8 games. Permission to play finals because of medical grounds, application must be in to ABA 14 days prior to the first finals being played.

Reply #42023 | Report this post

Scooby Doo  
Years ago

Blake had surgury on his foot. He had stress fractures. Would be nice to have the big fella but highly unlikely.

The west boys were terrible on Friday I know they have a lot more in the tank than that. I would expect Benny the Hurricane to shut down Davis. If bell and Crusher can hold their own against 3 dik and bungey they will be a big chance

Reply #42041 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

can anyone tell me the places, days and times of the finals on the weekend i really want the mavs ones.

Reply #42047 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

maybe - just maybe woodville can avenge last years loss in an absoloute boilover

like sturts game but RIP with no Oscar

west and eastern will give all but will be ko'd

forestville 1 hand on the cup

Reply #42088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

this year woodville aren't going in to the finals favourites nor do they have the pressure of trying to win it for Vera

Reply #42090 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

Eastern were white hot from the field last Friday, 10-15% better than West, if that closes up expect the margin to as well.

Mavericks have to be favourites, the winner of this one you would think would get past an oscar-less Sturt?

Reply #42095 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

I hear that Green train warming up again ppl. Whoo Whoo!!! Come on Warriors.
Woodville players always try to win for vera!!its something that never leaves us

Reply #42096 | Report this post

participant  
Years ago

the vera thing was last year

it's a new breed this year - not too many names - just form players

Reply #42098 | Report this post

participant  
Years ago

sturt will bow out in straight sets - I have seen a few of their games lately - they need to find someting quick to have any show

Reply #42100 | Report this post

I believe the onomatopoeia for a train is 'Choo choo', Take Luck. But whatever! Good post, I guess!

Reply #42101 | Report this post

dipsy  
Years ago

yeah but what time and day do teams play?

Reply #42142 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

23/07/2005 Sat Marion 19:00 ABAW South Adelaide Panthers Forestville Eagles

23/07/2005 Sat Pasadena 18:30 ABAW Sturt Sabres Eastern Mavericks

23/07/2005 Sat Pasadena 20:15 ABAM Sturt Sabres Woodville Warriors

24/07/2005 Sun Mt Barker 14:00 ABAM Eastern Mavericks West Adelaide

Reply #42144 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Mens game at Mt Barker on Sunday 24th July is at 1.30pm not 2.00pm

Reply #42281 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:43 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754