Jack Toft
Years ago

R11: Sixers v Taipans

These teams have one thing in common. Both have had a run of se7en this season. At the start of the season, the Taipans were out the blocks faster than a Reynella Hoon with a hotted up monaro at the traffic lights to bag 7. The Sixers, well they had their mid season siesta to drop 7. 7, eh. James Bond likes 7, there are 7 deadly sins and there are the 7 wonders of the world. The next 7 games for both clubs will be crucial in deciding the top 4, and Top 7. Seventh Heaven is better than seventh spot.

So far this season Cairns are 2-0 against the Sixers. Wilbekin the most slippery snake this season, but Tragardh and Loughton the other dangerous vipers having great seasons. The Sixers will be looking to make this Whacking Day, but must play all quarters (including the third) because some snakes fake death only to bite you unexpectedly!

So make a stand for your club Sixers, Try to can the Cairns. Put your man in the can, Sixers. Get him while you can. Can the Cairns! Well can the Cairns.

The Sixers looked good last Friday and I wouldn't be a Sixers fan if I didn’t tip them. Gibbo is the obvious barometer of the team and I look forward to him having a big whack stick. No Barry White for Skip tonight.

Sixers by 7

Topic #36110 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

After last week, I cannot see how the 36ers should not beat Cairns! I reckon a 4 point win.

Preview: Sixers look to shrug uncomfortable tag with victory over Snakes

Adelaide found some answers last week with their strong performance with a victory over the in-form (at the time) Melbourne United. The next step is to knock off Cairns at home to silence some more of those critics.

Reply #507155 | Report this post

:  
Years ago

Hoping for a good night - group of us going to see LJ play first v lightning , then apollo followed by 36ers.

Reply #507157 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Why didn't Cairns foul with 30 odd seconds to go with the Sixers up by 4? Basketball 101. Madness. Thanks Cairns!

Reply #507218 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Poor coaching by Fearne but it allowed the 36ers to sure up the win, 90-86.

Reply #507219 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Very bizarre coaching to purposely not play the foul game in the after Craig got it back to 4....

Reply #507225 | Report this post

@  
Years ago

LC = 4pt win - correct call !

Reply #507226 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Overall better game tonight. Not really smart Bball in the last couple but got the win. Couple of iffy calls didn't help. Defence was much improved. Motum looked good and was actively on the boards.
Great game to watch, Craig with some nice dunks and 3's, gliddons dunk was nice too.

Reply #507236 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The Peach dunk the highlight for me

Reply #507237 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nearly lost another game due to our atrocious foul shooting percentage. It's just not good enough for professional players.

Reply #507238 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

It was about time I got the final margin right - probably first time this season! :)

Sixers spur to victory over stung Snakes

Off the back of commanding first and third periods, the Adelaide 36ers have once again silenced a few more critics who have been on their back as of late with a 90-86 victory over the Cairns Taipans on Friday night.

Reply #507241 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

great to see Gibbo at the point again and Wilson shooting off assists, much more effective and greater spread brining everyone in to the game paying off, BUT the last few minutes proved why when Wilson brings down the ball and doesn't give it off, it is a big problem for the Sixers... Everyone else loses the flow and don't know where to position themselves and he tries to go against 3 Cairns bigs who are on him in an instant… No surprise the ball is turned over and the game was close to being lost… Please Please Joey keep this game in mind especially those last few minutes….

Reply #507248 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

t.craig didn't start. we cain't help it
if we're lucky.

Reply #507259 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Torrey Craig... 82 points in 12 games vs the other 6 teams at 6.83ppg.
66 points in 3 games vs the Sixers at 22ppg.
He's only had 2 other games over 10 other than against us.
He loves playing us.

Reply #507260 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

28points in 28minutes at 85% seems pretty good

Reply #507261 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Great game and good to see intensity raised ,although in 2 nd half at times lost way in defence and structure on offence with sometimes nobody wanting take the open shot.
Again Wilson frustrated me with same faults of Ervin holding ball too long then trying to penetrate into key full of Taipans.
Creek still a little out of sorts although some good defensive work on guards.
Most positive was good signs from Motum.

Reply #507265 | Report this post

peterward  
Years ago

Good to see a very balanced foul calling.

Sixers 14 vs Cairns 25.

Analyze that, Jack!

Reply #507268 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

I'm with you bretts the man. Wilson's too desperate and not a good team player. Gibbo is playing great, tough b/ball, carries the ball well, 9 assists last night. Also thought Peach was really strong.

Reply #507270 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wilson tried his hardest to lose that one. The constant dribbling and lack of ball movement was very dangerous to start when he did. Poor Peach, was one time Wilson dribbling and dribbling until the clock got down, threw it to peach who had to make a desperate leaning attempt. Or how about the poor shot selection for thew long range 2 or 3, 4 seconds into the offense. Poor bball IQ.

Reply #507284 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

When you're a PG you should not only be looking to score yourself but you should be trying to create opportunities for your team mates.

When Wilson plays the point he has an alarming tendency to look to score and create for himself while forgetting that he has team mates on the court with him. More often than not he's racked up big points while his team mates only seem to score when he's on the bench. I'm no expert but to me he is a SG in a PG size body.

Agree with bretts the man. One of Wilson's standard plays seems to be waiting until the last few seconds of the shot clock, then trying to drive to the basket. Opposition teams seem to have caught on to this and when he does their bigs just double and triple team him because they know there's a better than average chance he won't pass off to an open team mate. More often than not in that situation it results in a junk shot that goes nowhere or he turns it over.

Games whenever Gibbo has run the point, not only does he score but so do his team mates. When he plays SG he goes missing all too often while the rest of the team don't seem to know what to do because Wilson is usually looking to create for himself.

I don't doubt Wilson's ability as a player. I just think his game is more suited to playing the 2 spot than it is running the point.

Much better effort from Brock Motum last night. Lets hope its there on a consistent basis. Same with Peach who can run hot or cold. Last night was good from both.

Bizarre tactics from Cairns at the end. Only 4 points in it and they weren't fouling.

Reply #507285 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Peach looked healthy last night for the first time.

Reply #507289 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I agree both Motum & Petrie were good last night but I still can't get over Sapwell's comment that Wilson & Gibson are a great combination.

On the games I've seen this season awful would be closer to the mark. Gibbo just goes into his shell when's he on the court with Wilson.

Reply #507292 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Nice to see the sixers get a win (and Keep Cairns in 3rd place for now.)
Couple of important games tomorrow.
A win to Cairns would see them into 2nd place, whilst a loss for the breakers would even things up a bit.

Reply #507299 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Any links to highlights from this game? Sounds like there were some good dunks.

Reply #507317 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Just found a link to highlights on the RHS of the page here (good article too): http://andthefoul.net/archives/8853

Reply #507318 | Report this post

King Podge  
Years ago

consider yourself on the Christmas card list Wilson:)

Reply #507351 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:48 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754