Mick
Years ago

Crocs @ Breakers

NZ pulling away in the fourth after a nice comeback.

Damn it is frustrating being a Townsville fan in the Dennis era.

Topic #36114 | Report this topic

Dazz  
Years ago

Crocs did well to stay in front for so long.
Always hard to see this going any other way.

Reply #507202 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Another team getting the same playbook Perth did last week.

Reply #507203 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

And done, NZ by 12

Reply #507204 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Wait, *18* steals credited to NZ?

Reply #507208 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Man it's xmas time so I'll just talk about the things I love about this Crocs season instead of the things I hate.

I love the way Shawn Dennis never has any shooters in the corners to stretch the floor or any shooters in any kind of shooting position despite possessing perhaps the best shooting roster of all time in terms of 3p%. I particularly love it how Clint Steindl and Todd Blanchfield are always above the break even after defenses are fully set. Corner threes are too easy anyway! I also love the way he plays all 10 guys the same amount of time every game just to be nice to them. I love the way he has his guys play pick and rolls aggressively instead of conservatively despite not having any aggressive defenders on the roster. I love opposition point guard layups that result from that, too. I love how the ball doesn't move and always sticks in everyone's hands despite possessing perhaps the best shooting roster of all time in terms of 3p%. I love how this team always coughs up leads and you never hear anyone chew them out in timeouts for the numerous brainfarts that precede the inevitable opposition comebacks. I love how this team's offense is based around interior post ups despite possessing perhaps the best shooting roster of all time in terms of 3p%. I love it when there is an open shooter and the playmaker passes it the other way to a post player hanging around on the perimeter. I love the way Steve Markovic plays defense. I love Jacob Holmes' shot selection. I love the basketball IQ, motor, selflessness and mental toughness of every player on this roster. I love how Brian Conklin still hasn't figured out that he won't get calls in this league if he doesn't stop whinging at officials. I love how many and-1s this team gives up. I love how many Crocs 2-on-1 or even 3-on-1 fastbreaks end in turnovers. I just love the turnovers in general.

It is the season for GIVING after all.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Reply #507209 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Oh and I also love how "Greg Vanderjagt, isolation on the low block" is considered a viable play to go to, several times a game.

You can't make this stuff up.

Reply #507210 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thing about the breakers is the y don't have any obvious weaknesses.
Except pledgers toe I guess

And Abercrombie on the up fake. I don't understand why he always avoids the contact and dribbles away for the jumping defender and not in to them to draw the foul.

And free throw shooting

But that's all I can think of right now

Reply #507215 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Breakers got the W as many would have predicted.

Breakers break free late to cruise past Crocodiles

The win solidifies the Breakers position at the top of the NBL ladder, whilst the Crocs must be wondering what happened as they were in control of the game for the first 20.

Reply #507240 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Interesting couple of rounds. The Breakers now go on the road to Cairns, then Sydney, and The Wildcats go to Melbourne next week.
Could see a real wedge open up between 1st and 2nd

Reply #507244 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey Mick,

I haven't watched every minute of every Townsville game this season.

Has Dennis ever gone with;

1 - Norton
2 - Marković
3 - Steindl
4 - Blanchfield
5 - Conklin

This team would leak some points and struggle to rebound although they would be very hard to stop on offense.

Also, it feels like Dennis goes with Steindl and Blanchfield on the bench at the same time far too often. The team goes from having spacing and options in the first half of quarters to looking like a bowl of soup when the likes of Holmes and Henry come in for the second half of quarters.

This team should be the most fun to watch in the league although they are the most frustrating right now.

Reply #507262 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:38 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754