Jack Toft
Years ago

R12: Sixers vs Crocs

Just when you thought you had unwrapped all your presents, Dean Parker dons the big red suit and offers $10 tickets to this game - and $40 for front row tickets. And they're as popular as, with a crowd looking around 6,000 for this crucial game. The only thing the Sixers need to make this complete would be for West End to come to the party and chuck on some free kegs.

What a game this will be for both teams. The Crocs lurching from game to game need this one, or else their faint finals hope will be fainter than the memories of ...hang on I can't remember. The Conk is leading the way with 17.7 ppt and 6 rpg. Gladness the danger man inside with 7.8 ppt and Blanchfield the other danger man in green. Expect a bit of crowd support for the Crocs too. Each time they're down here, there's alway a group of them wearing green wigs.

The Sixers need this game too. Team Joey just seems to have clicked and found their swing. As it has been said before, Gibbo is the barometer of the team. He needs to get a few good shots in early and it's all plain sailing from there - just like Wild Oats.

This is the Sixers game to lose, but given their recent confidence and swagger, I'm expecting them to get this one.

Sixers by 4 if they have a bad night, or by 14 if they win the inside game against Gladness and "The Conk"

Topic #36149 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

With Adelaide and Townsville both sitting at 5-10, this is a very important clash as both teams playoff chances hang by a thread. The 36ers have won two of their past three games, including an upset 90-86 victory over Cairns last round. A horror stretch over the past four rounds has seen the Crocs go 1-4, losing to Cairns, Melbourne and New Zealand. Their one victory in that time was against Adelaide, a 96-84 victory at home.

Very close game that could go either way. 36ers to get the win by 4 at home.

Preview: Sixers, Crocs look to farewell 2014 with rare win

Reply #507710 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the sixers have the same refs as last week against the taipans, they'll get this one easy, but if they have to rely on their ability for the win, they could have real problems.

Reply #507715 | Report this post

Ayjay  
Years ago

Sixers are flirting with some much better form and if Joey can keep Wilson on team track or bench him, we might just see a bit extra from players like Teys and Creek score wise. If Gibson, Motum and Peach can keep up their current momentum and Luke plays ok, this game might be a beauty. I'm looking forward to it and hope its a huge and loud crowd. C'mon Sixers!

Reply #507718 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

News flash - Wilson not playing !!!!!

Reply #507725 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

Hammy

Reply #507726 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

full house at the fortress !!!!!!!

Reply #507727 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

shocking reffing , prob worse this season.

Reply #507731 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

7.4 K and a win 91/84. rough calls both sides and physical. will being the crowds back on Sun 4th.

Reply #507732 | Report this post

!  
Years ago

daly nice in the clutch.

both teams need to work on their alley oops

36ers offence was a bit stationary near the end - gotta keep moving and get those looks

Reply #507733 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How did the 36ers pull this off without their best player Jamar Wilson?

Reply #507734 | Report this post

!  
Years ago

no dance moves from the fruchoc (

Reply #507735 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

anon 734, Wilson is not their best player.
he's an overrated ball hog, who's stats look good on occasions because he hangs onto the ball so much. Gibson is the best player

Reply #507736 | Report this post

!  
Years ago

6ers seemed to score freely when everyone moves in offence, 1 on 1s late in the game need to guarantee a bucket.

Nice to win it in the clutch though.

Reply #507737 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

jolly good show for the punters. definitely not boring..

Reply #507739 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

jolly good show for the punters. definitely not boring..

Reply #507740 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

No Wilson, no worries. Addition by subtraction, is what it is. Everyone involved, ball moved not dribbled fun offense to watch and everyones body language looked good. You do the math!

Reply #507741 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

do the Sixers have a penalty within the team for missing a foul shot? What would be a good fine/penalty system.
Shoot the free throw at a decent % and hit some extra 3pt ant they would have won by 15-20.

Reply #507742 | Report this post

!  
Years ago

yeah foul shots could have been better, threes were low % as well

Reply #507744 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

they didn't out many 3's up but the interiors were heavily contested and limited calls so no probs with me. More the reffing was attrocious for everyone more
an issue. Motum hustled more defensively and got back alot quicker so fitnss improving. Good to see Teys back in the game

Reply #507745 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

they didn't out many 3's up but the interiors were heavily contested and limited calls so no probs with me. More the reffing was attrocious for everyone more
an issue. Motum hustled more defensively and got back alot quicker so fitnss improving. Good to see Teys back in the game

Reply #507746 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

WOW what a game for the ages, when NZ see on tape how comprehensively the 36ers totally dominated a team that has not even looked like winning an away game since week 2 of the season, I'd say they would just cancel and forfeit the game just to save on airfares and accommodation.

I mean that 1 point lead with 3:36 to go was just the Adelaide boys having a bit of fun and giving Townsville the false impression that they may have a sporting chance to win, only a team of dead set champions - that just got too much class like this one has - can get away with that.

And when the NZ "bigs" (all 9 of them), see how Luke manhandled that man mountain in Gladness, and just how toughly intimidated and taken out of the game Norton was by our very own Brock (Landers) Motum - well, let just say I can see a lot of tears being wept in the visitors change rooms next Sunday here in Adelaide.

Finally we get some proper hometown refereeing ( not that it made any difference to the outcome )

And we need to keep those $10 tickets specials - having a group of half-pissed bogans shouting out "fuck you ref" 2 rows behind me really provides some strong encouragement to renew for next season.

I don't know what Shawn Dennis is doing, he was a smart little bugger to guard and paly against - but he seems to have left his brains back in Townsville this weekend. Markovitch hits a 3 - and gets subbed out. I think Stendl got injured, and Gladness did his ankle at about halfway through the first quarter and never really recovered. but still -

sorry - it was a disapointing game to watch.

Reply #507751 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

It was good to get the win but lets not get too carried away with that performance. If we played any other team (besides Hawks) like we did tonight we would have lost. Sixers shooting 41% FG, 13% 3pt and 58% from the foul line.

Townsville probably had one of their worst games of the season with their turnovers. Some of the time it was great defense but other times it was just careless mistakes.

Some inconsistent umpiring made Townsville disadvantaged going into half time but to Townsville's credit they were only down by 3.

A good 3rd quarter by the Sixers got the lead out to 11.

The final quarter Gibson almost lost it for us with some poor turnovers and poor shots. One of his shots he just came down and just jacked up a poor shot, if Wilson did the same thing he would be blasted for it. Then Gibson got lucky with a clear offensive foul pushing Norton out of the way and hitting the jumper. Any other stadium that was an offensive foul and Townsville would have had the momentum. Other than the last quarter he had a good game but I would like to see him step up and lead in the last quarter.

Excellent game by Motum and Petrie's renewed energy is great to see. Teys had good moments as well and some great defense. A solid game by Creek

I wish Crawford didn't force the shot every time he gets the ball.

I think Joey will take the win but I don't think he will be overly happy with that performance and will know we will have to play much better than that to beat the other 5 teams.

Reply #507754 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Great points Very Old!

Reply #507755 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LMFAO Crocs disadvantaged by the Calls.....Early 2nd quarter I looked at the foul count and fair and good calls showing up the Crocs poor defence and Sixers right on the money, I thought well the refs will soon realise they will go in to the Half time with a massive variance.. Here comes the crappy calls on the Sixers and Crocs taking full advantage of getting away with it all… Next call it started and continued in to the 3rd. The tech on Gibbo was ridiculous and even Gladness copped it rough. Teys banged to the floor and so many hip and shoulders left go. Then the flopping on Schensh when clearly he had his foot stepped on. It is time for video review to give the league some credibility. It will not delay the game as while the refs huddle together to pat eat others egos, we have all seen the replay on the big screens and the boos commence. The refs could have walked over to view the replay on the bench and decision made. Run like the NBA with limited reviews.

Reply #507756 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide 36ers 91 (Motum 25, Petrie 15, Creek 15)

Townsville Crocodiles 84 (Conklin 18, Markovic 16, Blanchfield 14)

BOX SCORE

Crowd: 7443 at Adelaide Arena

Thats more like it....

Reply #507757 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Why can't the crowds at the Adelaide Arena be like that for every home game?

It used to happen you know.....

On to the game, will take the win but I doubt Joey would be getting carried away with it. Still some work to be done before we can be called playoff contenders again.

Reply #507760 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

Great post Very Old

Reply #507762 | Report this post

!  
Years ago

WILL WE EVER SEE THE FRUCHOC DANCE AGAIN ?

Reply #507763 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Isn't that an Angels song? (no way, get x, x off!)

Reply #507766 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Great to see the 36ers playing some quality defence, that really set up the win because the offence was very scratchy (Townsville's inability to play basketball also helped!).

But even last year the transition play was the main driver, the halfcourt O was never a strength, so if they can consistently mix this year's better execution with getting more stops and running they can challenge some good teams.

Awesome crowd, well done to the club for putting on a good promo.

Reply #507767 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

Half court offence was A "big" goes to the point after an on ball screen and gets a guard switch onto himself , Thenball goes to 45 or low post, big then cuts centre lane from point to the front of the ring - Townsville forgets to switch anyone into the cuter after they hit the foul line , pass to the cutter 12" in front of the rim, points, foul etc.

Reply #507773 | Report this post

IcEm@N  
Years ago

Where was the 'Real' Murray Magpie last night?!

Whomever was masquerading as Muzza was the Polar opposite unfortunately!

No Electric Interaction with all the new fans at the match last night due to the $10 per ticket deal?

No Summersaulting or Dancing on court and made M or Ms FruChoc look better especially after putting up an air ball?!?

Perhaps the bloke usually beneath the black & white feathers of the South Aussie Magpie Lark was away enjoying Festive season holidays?

Reply #507802 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can someone please tell Creek & Motum to dunk the ball when possible.. That's what people want to see- not boring layups... I only mention these 2 coz they are the only ones with good hops.

Reply #507929 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

HOME TEAM
A. Gibson: 10
B. Teys: 10
B. Motum: 4
A. Petrie: 1
M. Creek: -2
L. Schenscher: 5
P. Crawford: 3
B. Anthony: 7
T. Daly: -3

ROAD TEAM
M. Norton: 1
T. Blanchfield: 1
B. Conklin: -3
M. Gladness: 10
C. Steindl: -9
S. Markovic: -9
G. Vanderjagt: -12
M. Djeric: -5
J. Holmes: -9
L. Henry: 0

Reply #509399 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:09 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754