LV
Years ago

Chris Patton and Development Players

What are everyone's thoughts on Chris Patton?

I missed most of the games in November when he took Macmillan's spot and by all accounts, he was very impressive.

He has the bulk that is sorely lacking in Kickert and Macmillan, who are both valiantly trying to play 5 but with a 4 man's body.

If you look up his college career, he put up some impressive numbers over his two seasons in NCAA Division 1. I'm no expert on that but I would've thought based on his numbers, you'd think he should have a solid professional career ahead of him somewhere.

This all brings me to my second question- what are the rules around DP's? I read somewhere they can suit up for 7 away games per season? (And obviously United are free to use him at home games as they see fit). How does playoffs fit into the picture- does that 7 games include the playoffs? Or are there another set of rules in play there?

Topic #36155 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

"he was very impressive" in what game did he do anything that was impressive?

No offense to the guy but he has looked pretty useless. Even today he has looked like he should be only playing in the SEABL. Perhaps if he was playing for the Hawks he would get more minutes and more chance to show his abilities.

Reply #507783 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For somebody who has played D1 I really question his development in the states as he has no offensive game and fundamentals look awful if he isn't catching two feet from the rim.

Reply #507803 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I was at the game today, if they actually looked to getting him the ball more you might have seen something from him!

Melbourne's top scoring import guard failed to involve him time and again, instead he just drove into a crowd and forced a shot.

Patton was good today, the numbers won't suggest how he positioned himself and where his team mates didn't look for him often enough, you have to watch carefully for this to be evident...

Involve him more and reap the rewards, avoid him like they did today and lose games, easy...

Reply #507806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All reports from inside the camp, the kid is high maintenance and has an interesting attitude with a whopping ego to match.

Has limited moves, but really nice soft hands around the rim 90% right handed. Decent passer from post.

Legit 6ft 10 and will compete all day.

Is a definite NBL player and could be a starter or 6 man in a few years if he decides to listen and be coached.

Reply #507832 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree, needs to work on that left hand side plenty!

Reply #507833 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jason Eversteyn 2.0

Chris is the older brother of AFL young gun Jonathon Patton who plays for GWS.

Reply #507839 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Please don't label Jon Patton a Young Gun.
The kid has played a handful of games and has yet to earn the label of gun status.

Make excuses for injury, but the kid hasn't set the world on fire in a hand full of games.

Amazing what height and size does these days to ones hip pocket.

Reply #507844 | Report this post

Keany  
Years ago

I would rather Patton playing the centre position than McMillan, i reckon McMillans got a photo of ansty and dmac with a goat if you know what I mean

Reply #507847 | Report this post

crocsfan  
Years ago

Why does an nbl development player have a huge ego?

If anything it should be the opposite given his lowly standing in australian basketball.

Reply #507851 | Report this post

Josh  
Years ago

Patton is so out of shape, cant make it up and down the court 3 times wihtout needing a rest, when he gets it in the post he looks scared, was at game today n would much rather mccmillian then CP

Reply #507858 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

I though the played well for a DP today, against one of the premier big men in the league who was getting plenty of refs calls going his way.

Reply #507869 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:20 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754